Are Sydney Starting To Crack?

dazzledavey36

You just have to look at where it has all began in Mumford quitting, Jesse White being moved on and now Jed. It's a process which has not finished as over the next week and few years we will see a lot of players being traded and downgraded in order to achieve more salary cap room including pay cuts. Chop (Jed) and I over a few beers really wasn't thrilled in the idea he has spent a lot of time in Sydney developing and not getting the game time in which he deserves. Now the addition of Franklin and Tippet as forward line options cuts it back for him even more regarding game time. Choppy reckons a lot more players will follow suit as the culture has definitely been swayed and poor old Longmire being 'star gazing' as he put it.

P.s. Chop (Lamb chop) is his nick name we used to call him as a teenager growing up back in old country Yarram.

Very interesting indeed.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

This is why we need top take our time, & let Roos find his rightful haeir apparent.

take time, & get the right one who won't want to pull the wings off a perfectly good fly-ing animal.

791364-john-longmire.jpg

I'm not sure this is Longmire's doing. I see the dead hands of Colless and Andrew Ireland in this.

I suspect there is a huge dose of hubris going on at the Swans at both Board and Executive level. They are beginning to become arrogant - you could see it in Roos response a couple of months ago to Colless's diatribe. I would bet that PR sees them as throwing away the culture he so carefully built up at the Swans and he is not at all happy about it.

He is just the sort of character who would say "stuff the lot of you, I will repeat the success at the Demons, to show you how important it all is...."

Let's hope so.

Not good sign though at all for the Swans

I find it very interesting this year, the Swans with Tippett had a substantially worse win/loss record than without him, even though he kicked a lot of goals. I think that says a lot about the Buddy\Tippett Swans side where 25% of the salary caps goes to those two.

I think they might be in trouble.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 4

Is this a case of Longy getting a mancrush on Buddy and letting the garden go to seed ?

Starting to look like it from a distance

This would be some of the discontent that saw Roos first thinking of moving on?

I find it incomprehensible that Roos wouldn't have known about Franklin coming on board, and the impending effect on the playing group.

He may have only been head of the development academy, but people within footy clubs talk, and he'd be one of the first they'd talk to.

Buddy approached the swans this time last year, so he'd have known well ahead of time.

9 bloody years!!!

• Like 2

Franklin for 9 years in the dumbest deal in the history of the game.

I simply cannot see how it won't have a negative flow on effect in terms of their list management going forward.

And it's not just the 9 years - it's the fact that Tippett & Buddy are (reportedly) grabbing around $2m from the pie which I think is about $9m in total - over 20% going to 2 guys ! That'll do it !

Franklin for 9 years in the dumbest deal in the history of the game.

I simply cannot see how it won't have a negative flow on effect in terms of their list management going forward.

It is difficult to imagine anything dumber - surely he could only be a dominant player for a maximum of another 4 or 5....then he goes onto the full pension.

Maybe, being Sydney, they know that if things get too difficult Vlad et al will make a new rule on the run to help them out!

Edited by monoccular

I predict that Franklin will be coaching Auskick in Bondi for the last 4 years of his contract.

Has the added incentive of picking up a few hots Mums on the sly as well, before he heads down to North Bondi Italian with 20 or so of his 19 year old retail assistant groupies. And Josh Gibson.

The Swans' no d1ckheads policy is officially over.

Quite a relief really given that Roos is now on board with us.

• Like 2

And, to think, we got roundly criticised for apparently paying Roos too much.

It's pretty obvious where the value will break on that contract. No brainer territory.

So, thank you Richard Colless. Thank you very much.

I am now really looking forward to next season. And well beyond.

• Like 1

You just have to look at where it has all began in Mumford quitting, Jesse White being moved on and now Jed. It's a process which has not finished as over the next week and few years we will see a lot of players being traded and downgraded in order to achieve more salary cap room including pay cuts. Chop (Jed) and I over a few beers really wasn't thrilled in the idea he has spent a lot of time in Sydney developing and not getting the game time in which he deserves. Now the addition of Franklin and Tippet as forward line options cuts it back for him even more regarding game time. Choppy reckons a lot more players will follow suit as the culture has definitely been swayed and poor old Longmire being 'star gazing' as he put it.

P.s. Chop (Lamb chop) is his nick name we used to call him as a teenager growing up back in old country Yarram.

nice little neck of the woods.

I'm not sure this is Longmire's doing. I see the dead hands of Colless and Andrew Ireland in this.

I suspect there is a huge dose of hubris going on at the Swans at both Board and Executive level. They are beginning to become arrogant - you could see it in Roos response a couple of months ago to Colless's diatribe. I would bet that PR sees them as throwing away the culture he so carefully built up at the Swans and he is not at all happy about it.

He is just the sort of character who would say "stuff the lot of you, I will repeat the success at the Demons, to show you how important it all is...."

Let's hope so.

Not good sign though at all for the Swans

I find it very interesting this year, the Swans with Tippett had a substantially worse win/loss record than without him, even though he kicked a lot of goals. I think that says a lot about the Buddy\Tippett Swans side where 25% of the salary caps goes to those two.

I think they might be in trouble.

I think thats probably close to the mark Dees2014.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a few mates who were at the Lavazza tent in the birdscage at Derby Day last week.

Franklin turned up late in the day and demanded entry and they refused to let him in. He was hammered.

One of my mates asked some guy there why they didn't let him in. He apparently said 'never again. He was out of control last year. He kept dropping his bag of coke in front of everyone and couldn't give a stuff. Very uncool behaviour'. Make of that what you will - only hearsay obviously, but it stacks up.

Sydney's recruited a little ripper in Buddy. He'll be coaching Auskick in Bondi for the last 6 years of his contract.

• Like 4

My argument is a flag 13 months ago with the same coach ya'all are criticising as having a bad approach.

There is a counter theory to that, as with the 2011 Geelong premiership, that it wasn't as much the current coaches doing as it was the encumbents result (only a theory .. Who really knows??)

Both slid somewhat the year after; albeit not too far.

I had a few mates who were at the Lavazza tent in the birdscage at Derby Day last week.

Franklin turned up late in the day and demanded entry and they refused to let him in. He was hammered.

One of my mates asked some guy there why they didn't let him in. He apparently said 'never again. He was out of control last year. He kept dropping his bag of coke in front of everyone and couldn't give a stuff. Very uncool behaviour'. Make of that what you will - only hearsay obviously, but it stacks up.

Sydney's recruited a little ripper in Buddy. He'll be coaching Auskick in Bondi for the last 6 years of his contract.

I was in a marquee two years ago, with a heap of a hawks in there including Buddy, Gibbo and Sewell. Hammered was an understatement, plus some nice white powder getting about, to even that late in the day. Was very obvious and completely inappropriate.

I compare that with last year and seeing Nicole Kidman up close who was nothing but class, a level above all others in how she carried herself and was approachable.

Smoke and fire, seems it torched the blue mountains (sadly) but is now smouldering under the SCG stands.

Roos is a proven guru, icon, legend, superstar himself......we simply couldn't ever have a better coach for what we need in culture and playing style and belief. Love the pickup of Riley, was talked about a bit 12 months ago and he's now ours.

There is a counter theory to that, as with the 2011 Geelong premiership, that it wasn't as much the current coaches doing as it was the encumbents result (only a theory .. Who really knows??)

Both slid somewhat the year after; albeit not too far.

If we win a flag in 2014, unlikely but November is our dream time, I'm prepared to give Roos all the credit, not the base he took over from Neeld!

• Like 1

Sydney's record before and during Tippett last season.

Before Tippett played.9.5 wins, 2 losses.

After Tippett started playing. 7 wins, 7 losses.

Which says of course that the Tippett presence unbalanced the Sydney gameplan, and this was in a period where Tippett kicked a bag of goals, it was just that the rest of the team went backwards in that respect.

In 2014, the Swans will have Tippett AND Franklin, possibly further unbalancing the team. I reckon there is a very real chance that the renouned team spirit at the swans may start to erode. With two over paid and selfish footballers up from, are the players overall going to be as effective as an overall team : I suspect not.

Roos NDH mantra seems to have been smashed, replaced by every man for himself. The strength of the Swans right from the Roos era when it was turned around was an extremely strong work ethic and team discipline. These two guys are not the embodiment of this.

I reckon they will be mid list this year.

• Like 1

Which says of course that the Tippett presence unbalanced the Sydney gameplan, and this was in a period where Tippett kicked a bag of goals, it was just that the rest of the team went backwards in that respect.

In 2014, the Swans will have Tippett AND Franklin, possibly further unbalancing the team. I reckon there is a very real chance that the renouned team spirit at the swans may start to erode. With two over paid and selfish footballers up from, are the players overall going to be as effective as an overall team : I suspect not.

Roos NDH mantra seems to have been smashed, replaced by every man for himself. The strength of the Swans right from the Roos era when it was turned around was an extremely strong work ethic and team discipline. These two guys are not the embodiment of this.

I reckon they will be mid list this year.

Yes there is something in that. Whether it is just team balance and/or team sprit we will see. Towards the end of last season the Swans were playing with a lethargy not dissimilar to ours. Interesting that the only final they won was when Tippett only got one disposal and subbed off early.