My Heart Beats True - 2014 Membership Campaign Launched

Demonland

Waiting to see what my doggie gets this year. Got a small rug last year that she liked to snuggle up on. The new dog (rescue dog who came to us last year with his Collingwood football) is now signed up as a Demon dog as well. The football went in the bin where it belongs.

Got mine and my sons yesterday I like the baby dee socks and got 2 sun visors for the cars

I am now a 10 year member and got a nice certificate with my membership

Interesting wattsup.

Do you think this motivates people to continue membership?

Makes no difference to me but I am a rusted on tragic.

Waiting to see what my doggie gets this year. Got a small rug last year that she liked to snuggle up on. The new dog (rescue dog who came to us last year with his Collingwood football) is now signed up as a Demon dog as well. The football went in the bin where it belongs.

awesome

Interesting wattsup.

Do you think this motivates people to continue membership?

Makes no difference to me but I am a rusted on tragic.

I'm like you old dee and this year will be my 25th consecutive year as a member. A couple of years back when I was wondering if it was all worth it and whether my money could be better spent elsewhere it definitely helped sway me to re-sign again. It's just a small thing but I think in the future when I get to 50 years I'll be glad I kept it up. Might also convince some to buy a "charity" membership on a lower cost during years when they may not be able to make many games due to travel/work etc. I think it's good for the club to recognise long standing members (though of course this doesn't mean they are any better/more valuable than any other members - every one counts!)

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

It's a Pet Member Dog tag. Valued at about 2c per thousand would be my guess.

It'll cost you about $4 to get it engraved.

I'm like you old dee and this year will be my 25th consecutive year as a member. A couple of years back when I was wondering if it was all worth it and whether my money could be better spent elsewhere it definitely helped sway me to re-sign again. It's just a small thing but I think in the future when I get to 50 years I'll be glad I kept it up. Might also convince some to buy a "charity" membership on a lower cost during years when they may not be able to make many games due to travel/work etc. I think it's good for the club to recognise long standing members (though of course this doesn't mean they are any better/more valuable than any other members - every one counts!)

Couple of interesting points there Dr that I had not considered.

You are better than me Dr. I have dropped out a couple of times for a year over the last 35 years.

A lot of those years it has just been a charitable donation.

You are better than me Dr. I have dropped out a couple of times for a year over the last 35 years.

pretty much the case here too Old.. a few years had cash flowing...well backwards i reckon...lol

As a bunch though we do stick pretty fat with this club.

one day !!! ;)

pretty much the case here too Old.. a few years had cash flowing...well backwards i reckon...lol

As a bunch though we do stick pretty fat with this club.

one day !!! ;)

Interesting bb but I have given up on the final glory.

I will be satisfied with a competitive club that has no debt and wins more than we lose.

Interesting bb but I have given up on the final glory.

I will be satisfied with a competitive club that has no debt and wins more than we lose.

I havent :)

I havent :)

The way the AFL is now run means it will be next to impossible for one of the smaller clubs like Melbourne to make a GF let alone win one bb.

WE will simply not be able to raise the necessary funds.

As free agency expands there will be a constant drain of the best players moving to the richer clubs.

This will enthrone the rich clubs in the top third of the competition.

Barring miracles I cannot see the MFC any higher than 5 or 6

My car sticker is already bubbling after the weekends heat.

Last less than a week.

Hope this isn't a sign.

That used to be an annual event, I remember getting to February and mine had faded to Blue and white.

It looked like a Geelong sticker.

They were winning flags at that point so I left in on.

The last couple of years have been ok.

I was not going to bother Until I got a new car some time soon.

Looks like it might be a good move.

I first joined 40 yrs ago when junior memberships got you access to all Away as well as Home games. I dropped my membership when my MCC Membership came through after 10 yrs of MFC membership. But once the Club instigated joint memberships I climbed on board again, I think its something like 17yrs now, even though Ive been out of Melbourne for over 20yrs. It's basically a donation but I figure there aren't too many other things I am as passionate about, so it's a small price to pay.

Edited by It's Time

Signed me and the missus up for our first memberships yesterday, I have been a supporter since I could walk, my old man had red and blue striped wall paper in my bedroom growing up, my best mates mum and close family friend who died in car accident 14 years ago who was married to ex hawthorn player was a Melbourne supporter, I used to collect footy records from around 94' onwards they were sent to me weekly from a friend of my father.I was going to sign up last year but after watching our performance round 1 against Port Adelaide that was never going to happen. I know the good times are coming I trust my instincts they are usually correct. But just like last year I think round 1 will be telling. Anyway...2more to the tally :-) UP THE DEES

My car sticker is already bubbling after the weekends heat.

Last less than a week.

Hope this isn't a sign.

My 3 old subtle stickers without the year on them are still as good as the day they were put on my cars.

The stickers on the LG fridge, tv and washingmachine are fine too.

Don't forget to tell membership when you ask for replacements as they are still one of the last things we have better than the others