Dustin Martin

Moonshadow

So how much of a party animal is he behind the scenes?

Haha well he hasn't been lured to come out with me yet, actually; the reasons why had been his footy commitments on a couple of occasions. But that was before messing around with Connors so who knows.

I think behind the scenes its richmond directing this charade, to move him on.. they are on the brink of something special. & they have their new training complex, & all is on the up & up.

the last remaining chink in the puzzle is getting rid of anything who can derail them from now on. culture...

I think Richmond will slide out of the eight next year, I think the crows and eagles will regain some of their 2012 form and North Melbourne are montys for the eight next year. I honestly think a forward line of Clark, Dawes and Watts(Hogan hasn't played yet) is better than Riowoldt(constantly missing in big games), Vickery and Edwards. I would also back our back three against Rance, Newman and ????. Clearly they have a better midfield , things may be evened up a bit in coming weeks. I can't bring myself to rate Richmond.

I think Richmond will slide out of the eight next year, I think the crows and eagles will regain some of their 2012 form and North Melbourne are montys for the eight next year. I honestly think a forward line of Clark, Dawes and Watts(Hogan hasn't played yet) is better than Riowoldt(constantly missing in big games), Vickery and Edwards. I would also back our back three against Rance, Newman and ????. Clearly they have a better midfield , things may be evened up a bit in coming weeks. I can't bring myself to rate Richmond.

thats not what I meant.

.... when a club is developing & reshaping itself & its culture, it will no doubt go up & down a bit. but I expect in the Tiges case that the over the next 2 - 3 years it will be an upward trend.

In 3 years time I expect in my mind that they will be settled as finalists. whether they slip next year who knows. But they are doing a lot right atmo. Brendon Gale & the others are I think doing a great job there. but the worst thing that can happen is internal ill-discipline & distractions, from now on for them. they'res is a footy goodnews story & I'm glad for footy's sake.

& I'm not comparing them to us, or us to them. just speaking general footy.

I have no idea as yet, even how we'll look until the end of the draft period.

This is also a lesson for those who were calling for us to recruit Ben Cousins at the time he was available in the PSD, and those who think he had a positive effect on Richmond.

Martin was drawn to him from day one, and I recall there being a hotel drinking incident at an away game where Cousins, Martin & Connors were all involved, early on in his tenure, and also the "stomach cramps" incident at the hospital.

I don't think it was the official story iirc, but I was told Martin was there at the hospital, and it wasn't stomach cramps, but something that had him exhibiting erratic behaviour.

Read between the lines.

Richmond officials and players have devoted an extraordinary amount of effort in mentoring Martin off field and deserve great credit for that. Can you imagine their frustration when he turned up to St Kilda's Mad Monday celebrations at 10pm when the Tigers were playing their first final in 12 years 6 days later.He only turned around and went home because the realised media types had recognised him. That is a clear example of the questionable decision making that Martin is prone to when left to his own devices. Reading between the lines there has to doubts over whether he is capable of improving that decision making. Certainly everyone at Richmond crosses their fingers and hopes for the best when he is not at the club and not with a club official or team mate.

His football talent is undeniable. The lack of confidence in his ability to make the most of that talent is also undeniable.

thats not what I meant.

.... when a club is developing & reshaping itself & its culture, it will no doubt go up & down a bit. but I expect in the Tiges case that the over the next 2 - 3 years it will be an upward trend.

In 3 years time I expect in my mind that they will be settled as finalists. whether they slip next year who knows. But they are doing a lot right atmo. Brendon Gale & the others are I think doing a great job there. but the worst thing that can happen is internal ill-discipline & distractions, from now on for them. they'res is a footy goodnews story & I'm glad for footy's sake.

& I'm not comparing them to us, or us to them. just speaking general footy.

I have no idea as yet, even how we'll look until the end of the draft period.

Fair call, I just can't stand Richmond. I was comparing our lists because while we are a fair way off the top four and North I honestly believe with the possible injection on experienced midfielders and the new coaching panel we can gain some rapid ground on the other clubs. I don't buy into this cap that clubs take 2-3 years to learn a game plan. It may take longer than a year to perfect it but players as juniors get a new coach every year in most cases plus their rep coaches. Richmond have a knack of beating hawthorn in recent years but are left flat footed by lesser opponents.

Dustin and I are related not that close but close enough to say that is one of the main issues he had with resigning. Richmond has done a great number of things for Dustin but at some point it just gets too much. Without a measure of trust and freedom he's not going to mature to be the guy they want him to become.

I'm glad he's seeking other options, a new environment would do him well, give him a chance to show people that he can be mature. Put yourself in his shoes, the club does babysit him, they treat him like a liability (now I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the reviews he's getting - he is a bit of a meat head). Would you flourish and develop as a person in that kind of situation?

It's a pity Carr is over valuing him, I'd love to see him in Red & Blue and was disappointed to see him go to the Tiges. Honestly as a player he'd be great to have slot into our midfield. As a person - he needs a new environment, he needs a strong, convincing coach to put some faith in him, let him know what's expected but stop micro managing his every action. Dustin is ready to step out on his own and that's why he's been seeking a trade elsewhere - the Tigers aren't giving him that opportunity.

I would have thought that Hardwick (with Williams' support) was a strong, convincing coach. Dusty may just be one slip up away from having his career ended, whether it be from criminal contacts, substance abuse or other issues. I'm of the view that if you don't want to be treated lie a child, then stop acting like one. Whilst I have never met Martin, the fact that Richmond feel the need to put so much child minding resources into him indicates he's ready to explode personally. That's the last thing that MFC needs. No thank you. Pass.

I was told over the weekend that he was going to the Gold Coast. This person knows him and they would of only said that because they were told that.

I'm not saying this is going to happen. But they seemed confident that if he was going to leave. It was now the Suns.

Fair call, I just can't stand Richmond. I was comparing our lists because while we are a fair way off the top four and North I honestly believe with the possible injection on experienced midfielders and the new coaching panel we can gain some rapid ground on the other clubs. I don't buy into this cap that clubs take 2-3 years to learn a game plan. It may take longer than a year to perfect it but players as juniors get a new coach every year in most cases plus their rep coaches. Richmond have a knack of beating hawthorn in recent years but are left flat footed by lesser opponents.

Richmond traditionally have been Hawthorn's bogy side for 50 odd years, that I remember.

I think its usually typical for young teams on the rise to fluctuate on the ladder yer to year as others around them move up or down.

I think generally the Tiges are starting to get it right, & all this Martin conjecture is a big real life lesson to the rest of their list. I think this will help the Club after it all dies down.

I wish him well, it is easy to forget that he is a young kid and has been raised in less than ideal circumstances with an outlaw father figure, and thrust into the unforgiving gaze of the media.

In saying that though, I hope he disrupts Richmond's playing list and throws a spanner in the works of their plans. :)

Has re-signed for less than toiges originally offered.....shrewd negotiating skills there for sure !!! what a fwit !!! lol