Jack Watts - More Discussion (for those who haven't had enough)

dees189227

Not at all.

If you are him, come up with 5 good reasons to stay?

Believe me when I say my workplace sucks balls, but when I'm in public and I get questioned about it, I endorse the company and our product. It's called professional conduct.

Jack Watts is a smart man, and his petulant behaviour tonight was pretty pathetic.

• Like 5

I am with Watts that Melbourne was meant to be on the up 3 years ago. Problem I think he has is that he doesn't realize that he was meant to be one if tge guys to lead that transition.

Lead?Jackie boy doesnt know watt that means!

Believe me when I say my workplace sucks balls, but when I'm in public and I get questioned about it, I endorse the company and our product. It's called professional conduct.

Jack Watts is a smart man, and his petulant behaviour tonight was pretty pathetic.

Can't argue with that, poor form by Jack tonight.

Just making the point that if I put myself in his shoes, the positives for leaving far outweigh the negatives.

The thing about the coach as I read it is that he was burned by Neeld and wants to get a reading on what the new coach expects and wants of him. Can't blame him for that - Neeld mishandled most of the list in personal dealings.

Watts does not handle himself well in the media though; about as awkward as they come for someone who has been in the system five years.

I'm disappointed but didn't expect better really. If he had an ounce of leadership he would have stood up this year to lead instead of waiting for someone else to do it. He would have come out tonight and stood by the club and promoted it publicly. He seems to be too immature to realise while in the media he is representing not only himself but the club.

If he leaves we better play hard ball with the trade. I'll be sad to see him leave because he could be anything, but if he wants out we should not hesitate in using him to try and get another young player.

Watts and our 2nd pick for Taylor Adams or Swallow? I'd take it.

Jackie..Jackie lost me mate

weak as custard... excuses excuses excuses excuses !!!

Captn Snooze should sign you up...soft as

and I thought you had promise. I f''d up big time

• Like 1

What I hope from this:

The players sit down after training tomorrow night in some sort of leading teams style chat, and players like Jones, Clark, Trengove, Dawes, Garland, Gawn, Clisby, Jones M, Viney, Grimes and others pull Watts up on his attitude. I hope that his team mates point out that if he wants us to improve that he is one of the 40 blokes in the world with the power to do that, and that arguably he has the potential to be in the top 5 of those 40, but unless he makes it happen it never will. This is a perfect leading teams style opportunity, because it doesn't matter what external people say, only what his peers say.

I don't think it will happen at Melbourne but it's the only way out of this mess. The players need to stand up and take responsibility and realise that 40 blokes trying their guts out every weekend and every training session is the only way it will work. We have an opportunity in a way; it's very rare for a player to act like this publicly, so it might actually cause some words to be said. We can only hope.

• Like 13

Can't argue with that, poor form by Jack tonight.

Just making the point that if I put myself in his shoes, the positives for leaving far outweigh the negatives.

100% our club is not the most attractive option for a player, and we have done a woeful job developing Jack, but players who don't put in and don't perform consistently shouldn't have any right to complain about the on field state of our club.

Why is it that I never hear Jones or Garland or Grimes or Trengove whinge? Their careers have been screwed by our club just as much, yet they all committed to stay and make a real difference.

You want the club to be accountable, yet you don't take any accountability yourself.

• Like 6

Not at all.

If you are him, come up with 5 good reasons to stay?

Some said the same about Tregove and Boak from Port last year. They were a basket case. But they had faith in the club stayed and look at them now. A different team. Boak was being chased by geelong but decided to stay as he wanted to help the club get back on top

• Like 1

Our club has put the horse in front of the cart (the players in front of the club) for far too long and it is time to absolutely put a stop to it.

This bloke talking about how the club needs to show it's moving forward by winning games - YOU'RE A BLOODY PLAYER! That's, partly, in YOUR hands!!!

• Like 4

again this guy is waiting for someone to solve his inadequacies..

do I really need to utter the words Jack?

• Like 1

One of the most pathetic responses I've ever heard. It was feeble and I wouldn't be fussed if the club put him up for trade now. What a passenger.

There was an opportunity to show some strength, and he passed. Winning doesn't just happen Jack, and it would be nice if you acknowledged some responsibility.

Turning Melbourne around is a competitive persons job and football's full of them. See ya, Jack.

I am one of them, but I feel sorry for the supporters. It's bloody hard.

Show some strength? Jack?

Will be back after I clean up the food I just spat across the room

I'm sorry...i thought he had something. I was wrong .

I think he was more [censored] off with Newman's style of questioning than him not commiting to the MFC

hes not too bright... proof positive we really arent too clever ( recent history ) with draft picks.

hes happy to mouth off.

Im annoyed

hes not too bright... proof positive we really arent too clever ( recent history ) with draft picks.

hes happy to mouth off.

Im annoyed

Not sure about that, perhaps a bit niave that he thought people would continue to treat him like a princess and he cracked it when it didn't happen.

I'll reserve my judgement until I hear him being interviewing by someone intelligent, although even before tonight I thought he was going to decide to leave. But honestly, with Hogan joining our list I don't give a [censored], if he wants to get then trade for a midfielder.

• Like 1

Not sure about that, perhaps a bit niave that he thought people would continue to treat him like a princess and he cracked it when it didn't happen.

I'll reserve my judgement until I hear him being interviewing by someone intelligent, although even before tonight I thought he was going to decide to leave. But honestly, with Hogan joining our list I don't give a [censored], if he wants to get then trade for a midfielder.

dont underestimate the Sammy. many take him for a bufoon...but think ...is he. He can spot a spud a mile away.

I haven't seen what he said personally so I'm not going to comment on that. But he'd better put a bloody good game in on Sunday because he has put everything on the club improving its position from the sounds of it, but PJ can't kick the footy and Craig can't lay a tackle. You want the club to start winning games then lead from the front and make it happen yourself.

I cannot name one single complete performance from Watts over his career. At some stage you've got to take responsibility yourself.

• Like 1

Jack Viney today,

"“It’s been a really tough year mentally and for some of the boys, they’d be pretty fatigued at the moment. But if we want to be a dominant and ruthless football team, we’ve got to run past the line – not just through it."

Does Jack Watts want to run past the line?

Jack Viney's credo seems to be, "if it is to be it is up to me". Jack Viney in attitude and intensity is everything Jack Watts is not. Both have talent but only one wants to lead. The other one is a follower.

Jack Watts has undoubted talent. Will he ever have the desire needed to get the best out of himself? Guess thats what the incoming coach has to decide. His talent will seduce teams into making him a hot trade property. Is it time to to sell the Jack Watts stock or hold and see if we can help him want to run past that line?

• Like 7