• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

I trust your depression about the MFC didn't turn your daughter into an Essendon fan. If so, see the damage you do. :>)

She quit the Dees in the eighties at height of one of our down periods.

Got tired of losing sue.

Her mates supported Essendon who were winning flags at the time.

Until two years ago I would say she made the right decision.

She has had way more fun than if she had stuck with her father.

You try and teach your children to think for themselves and make their own decisions.

Trouble is sometimes they don't agree with you.

She quit the Dees in the eighties at height of one of our down periods.

Got tired of losing sue.

Her mates supported Essendon who were winning flags at the time.

Until two years ago I would say she made the right decision.

She has had way more fun than if she had stuck with her father.

You try and teach your children to think for themselves and make their own decisions.

Trouble is sometimes they don't agree with you.

Thinking for oneself and barracking for anyone but Melbourne - impossible!

My son had the sense to lose interest in footy post the GF v Essendon but despite his best mate being a Bombers supporter (in a Demons family!) he kept up as a paying MFC member and is just now regaining his interest.

Loyalty has its rewards. Which I believe are coming up soonish.

Im a demons supporter in a bombers family (not one member).

Id be sorry for my dear old mum, but Im rewatching Fred Astaire movies.

Oh Im putting on my Top Hat, Buttoning my White Tie, Putting on my Tails.

Let the tap dancing begin.

• Like 5

had a bet with one of sons... a Bomber boy... if Bombers dont finish top 5 he has to clean my golf clubs and vice versa.

Ive got the rags and cleaners ready lol

Why would the club have to fold? There's a fair gap between a dozen players out for 1-2 years and a club folding. I'm sure we'd be generous enough to allow Essendon enough sixth round picks to fill out the rest of their list.

They have a large debt from the new tin shed in Tulla, they have the potential to be sued from here to forever if notices are served along with whatever sanctions may be imposed... It will cost them and cost a lot. A million to Hird... Ffs.

Why would the club have to fold? There's a fair gap between a dozen players out for 1-2 years and a club folding. I'm sure we'd be generous enough to allow Essendon enough sixth round picks to fill out the rest of their list.

Folding is the worst possible scenario because the WADA Code provides for a club to be banned if two members are found to have committed anti doping code violations. If the club is outed from the competition for two years and is subsequently also sued by players and staff as well as investigated by WorkSafe and fined by them I can see that happening.

However, I must stress that's the worst case and I don't think it's going to go that far and further, it's possible that the impending departure of a certain person in high office at the AFL might assist in achieving a better resolution for all concerned given McLaughlan is not as closely involved with the history of the matter.

• Like 2

Thing is..if WADA code does come down like the ton of bricks it suggests then why ought not Essendon be king hit ? They arent special beasts on this earth

If they did have to fold what do we reckon would happen?

Just reduce the comp to 17 teams or do people reckon the AFL would madly rush together an 18th team (Tasmania) in order to fulfill their quota of games for the TV rights?

James Hooper from the Sydney Daily Telegraph said on The Back Page tonight that he is lead to believe that show cause notices have already been issued to some. Did not mention which code. Might explain Essendons pretty ordinary past 3 or 4 weeks after being lauded as flag candidates after the first few rounds! The wheels have not quite fallen off yet, but the similarities in their form lapse late last year and the past month after being in red hot form is very interesting.

Have a sneaking suspicion the NRL is first cab off the rank

If you've ever had the misfortune of having to catch a taxi in Sydney, that's really bad news for the Cronulla Sharks :)

some funny stories....for next evening at Wongs perhaps ...lol

TOMMY HAFEY DEAD.

THE BUMP.

THE BUDGET.

THE FOOTY.

essendon show causes hahahahahhhahahahhahahahahahaahaahahaahahaaaahahhha.

off the front page,but were still watching.

If they did have to fold what do we reckon would happen?

Just reduce the comp to 17 teams or do people reckon the AFL would madly rush together an 18th team (Tasmania) in order to fulfill their quota of games for the TV rights?

Bring back university?

• Like 2

Bring back university?

that would make OLD DEE happy,as he played for them when they were in the vfl.

that would make OLD DEE happy,as he played for them when they were in the vfl.

Very if it was true jazza

Never made it to University not enough money in the family.

Amazingly you could produce a fairly good life style without a degree back then.

Not so know.

I wonder how it will be affordable in the near future.

Watto pleads for a quick decision from ASADA - Time to end the ASADA saga says Essendon great Tim Watson .

Watson can plead all he likes for a quick outcome, but it will fall on deaf ears. ASADA don't work to a time frame. They will release the information when they are absolutely certain that they have crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's and every box has been ticked. The truth is they are just as much under he gun as Essendon in this situation and know they can't stuff this up. When they do issue any show cause notices they will be very strong.

• Like 1

Must be getting close bb?

I reckon around early July bb and WJ?

I might be in Melbourne in July... please keep me informed.