Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Richard ings (former head of asada) on twitter this morning seems to think that all of this info coming out today is just from the uncensored version of the interim report. Which seems highly likely.

ASADA he said would have a list of who received that report. Shouldn't be too hard to find out who leaked it ...

Richard ings (former head of asada) on twitter this morning seems to think that all of this info coming out today is just from the uncensored version of the interim report. Which seems highly likely.

ASADA he said would have a list of who received that report. Shouldn't be too hard to find out who leaked it ...

The AFL and Essendon both received the report. Neither appear to have taken steps to seek an injunction to protect the players' confidentiality.

Interesting.

• Like 1

Nothing's going to happen Christ it helps your cause when the head honcho at HS followers the club he's reporting on that bald headed yellow teeth cretin destroyed us over the Tanking, it's or circumstantial the bombers have to many people in high places.

Asada recently announced after an independent audit that they are sure no one in the organisation was leaking information during this saga.

Far fetched theory I have but why not?

Has asada anticipated that essendon may try to discredit them once again and have the police involved to catch them out in the process? wire taps etc. proving that they are trying to derail the investigation by leaking information, dirty pool - end game in mind.

Wouldn't surprise me with Little at the helm.

Need more than a list to work it out. I doubt the journo will squawk.

Would not surprise me if it was essendon in an attempt to discredit ASADA as a continuing effort to paint them as incompetent

Fanciful thinking. Essendon have enough trouble painting themselves as anything but incompetent....and dishonest. I don't think Little is that stupid to play a PR underscore on ASADA.

He appears to be distancing the Club from the players in his reference to the players as "they". I would have thought he should has spoken from the Clubs or "we". The players may be potentially in the dock but the Club is on trial.

Nothing's going to happen Christ it helps your cause when the head honcho at HS followers the club he's reporting on that bald headed yellow teeth cretin destroyed us over the Tanking, it's or circumstantial the bombers have to many people in high places.

Your ambulance chaser rant was better.

What the? CW saying she won't name the players as she has a value base, yet the Herald Sun will, equals she has no idea!! This reads she got a lead saying the a Herald Sun have more information and she is jumping in first.

What a [censored] and some respect her crap!

I'm glad the name and shame game is beginning. Essendon have a lot to answer for and deserve to be run through the mud.

maybe releasing the names [hs] brings the asada case into dispute[leaks.

smart thinking by bombers and robbo if so.

but the story is nothing,it just says these players told asada they thought they were given these drugs.so what.

it just means the other players on the list DIDNT tell asada they thought they were given anything illegal.

so far this story means NOTHING.

I too find an aspect to the article rather misleading in so much as it only referred to a dozen or so. Surely nearly the whole list bar a few were actually a affected by the mengel-like regime's experimental practices.

Id be thinking more than 12 ought to be worried.

maybe releasing the names [hs] brings the asada case into dispute[leaks.

smart thinking by bombers and robbo if so.

but the story is nothing,it just says these players told asada they thought they were given these drugs.so what.

it just means the other players on the list DIDNT tell asada they thought they were given anything illegal.

so far this story means NOTHING.

Couldnt agree more , there's going to be a lot of disappointed ghouls in this thread.

If the ASADA review by the ex Fed Court judge results in there being not enough evidence for infraction notices then:

1. the Hun should be boiled in oil for the release the names of the players.

2. And ASADA will rightly be scrutinised on not using every avenue to seek a conviction by utiliising its powers to interview Dank.

There is a fair argument that they may have enough evidence not to interview Dank or that they can rely on the ACC interviews of Dank.

However if the initial list of possible notice recipients is based on their own assessment of what they took then I hope the other evidence is far far better. Players beliefs on what they took are circumstantial to this and how would they possibly know for sure what they took?

The process may be thorough but the evidence could be weak.

Coming from a loner.......

You couldn't buy my happiness old timer...

your on one of the few pages where we dont sling mud at each other,

we all have done it [slung mud]but generally not on this page.

its to exciting of a thread to tear each other apart.

Spoke to my ASADA source just then again.

They're gawn. Matter of time.

John Fahey said that a few months ago.

My rumour supplier advises the AFL will never lay down on all of this. Hird is less likely to coach again than he ever was. Several players will cop bans/be deregistered and some more heat is still to hit off field staff who think they are outside of the situation. AFL are just looking to hit The Dons hard, but not too hard, so-as gate takings will not be diminished massively. Legal boffins are, weekly, getting closer and closer to an agreement that will upset many Dons followers. Apparently some of the player's parents are still waitng to see if they will need to sue the club. Lawyers are making a massive amount and will make even more yet to assist their early retirement plans. AFL want WADA/ASADA to advise guilty party's within 6 - 8 weeks. AFL dont want to have to take points won away again and so are pushing for earlier announcements. Other AFL presidents/CEO's want it all cleared up and are giving very little, if any support to Essendon. Vlad is happy for "others" to make the heavy decisions and then will act under his own AFL powers and BAM! My informant has so far been pretty well spot on yet has missed a couple of reports that got out before he heard of them. Beer is the serum of truth.

Some of this is old news!

Edited by Still Waiting
  • Like 3

My rumour supplier advises the AFL will never lay down on all of this. Hird is less likely to coach again than he ever was. Several players will cop bans/be deregistered and some more heat is still to hit off field staff who think they are outside of the situation. AFL are just looking to hit The Dons hard, but not too hard, so-as gate takings will not be diminished massively. Legal boffins are, weekly, getting closer and closer to an agreement that will upset many Dons followers. Apparently some of the player's parents are still waitng to see if they will need to sue the club. Lawyers are making a massive amount and will make even more yet to assist their early retirement plans. AFL want WADA/ASADA to advise guilty party's within 6 - 8 weeks. AFL dont want to have to take points won away again and so are pushing for earlier announcements. Other AFL presidents/CEO's want it all cleared up and are giving very little, if any support to Essendon. Vlad is happy for "others" to make the heavy decisions and then will act under his own AFL powers and BAM! My informant has so far been pretty well spot on yet has missed a couple of reports that got out before he heard of them. Beer is the serum of truth.

Some of this is old news!

This doesn't ring true at all, it's out of the AFL's hands until the charges are handed over and that's ASADA's biz.

...and beer is often the serum of BS.

• Like 2

Club only or players and club only or coaching staff as well?

Players. Club can be sanctioned under the regs because it breaches the number-of-competitors rule - same rules which they use to kick cycling teams off the world tour. Whether they go down this path is to be decided.

Also, the CEO leaving is a nothing thing - ASADA is designed to operate without one.

Also, the CEO leaving is a nothing thing - ASADA is designed to operate without one.

So was Essendon and see where that ends up.

The departure of the CEO provides the Govenment with wriggle room if ASADA comes under fire for process issues.

FWIW, the current CEO was given a ticking bomb assignment when this first broke 13 months ago. I am not sure she was pushed but I don't blame her if she sought greener pastures. Nightmare assignment.