Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

This is my favourite thread ever.

Us Dees supporters have simple pleasures in life

They have blatantly broken yet another AFL rule while every other club has played fair

Why the hell are they still in the league?

Makes you wonder why rules even exist in the AFL.

I would love to see all opposition clubs just simply boycott all Essendrug games.

Won't happen, but it should.

Ahmed Saad gets done for 18 months yet Essendrug still have a full list.....

In relation to the rookie's training with Essendon they are not guilty. Their defence to these wild allegations is pretty simple. All rookies just happened to be at the new training facility playing a game of kick to kick. They also just happened to be wearing Essendon training gear as they all support the bombers. When Essendon training started the rookies were just running around with them to try and get a autograph.

The Fairfax organisation dominated the media's Walkeley Awards for journalism during the week mainly for its coverage of the Essendon doping scandal with investigative journalists Baker and McKenzie leading the way and Caro also getting an award for her commentary on the issue. The Murdoch press which by an large was far more sympathetic to the Essendon side of things with Robbo and Whateley, conspicuous for their blind acceptance of the Bombers' interpretation of what ASADA was supposed to have said about the status of AOD9604, must surely be red-faced as a result.

I understand that Baker and McKenzie's investigations are far from over. There's much more to come and plenty of dirty water still to flow under the bridge before this story ends.

They have blatantly broken yet another AFL rule while every other club has played fair

Why the hell are they still in the league?

Money!

Sheedy was a great coach for the Bombers and Hird was a great player.

Don't mind Sheeds despite his nasty streak when talking about us (sour grapes for not getting the coach's gig?) but Hird has revealed himself as a person who has no shame or remorse over the doping scandal. I truly hope we never see him again in this sport.

The one thing that has come out of all of this is that Essendon, for all the bluster of the AFL, has received one of the softest penalties for a widespread doping infraction, in the history of sport. The punishment has certainly not fit the crime and as for WADA coming in over the top; well it's been over 12 months now. Time enough I would have thought for some type of stance. My gut feel is that it's just not going to happen.

The one thing that has come out of all of this is that Essendon, for all the bluster of the AFL, has received one of the softest penalties for a widespread doping infraction, in the history of sport. The punishment has certainly not fit the crime and as for WADA coming in over the top; well it's been over 12 months now. Time enough I would have thought for some type of stance. My gut feel is that it's just not going to happen.

I hope you are wrong RTG.

It would give us all here plenty of joy if James Tird was run through the courts and had his career destroyed in a slow,methodical manner for everyone to see.

Return the only this is no drug related penalty has been imposed as yet.

So far its been a penalty for bring the game into disrepute.

Not exactly - they haven't been penalized for anything doping infractions at all, as they have (not yet) been tried or found guilty.

Their penalties to date are AFL ones, for "bringing the game into disrepute"

The bomb(er) is still ticking.

Not exactly - they haven't been penalized for anything doping infractions at all, as they have (not yet) been tried or found guilty.

Their penalties to date are AFL ones, for "bringing the game into disrepute"

The bomb(er) is still ticking.

I hope you're right. The bomb may, however, have simply been diffused. Blokes like Smug Turd just seem to come up smelling like roses.

lets try something silly like talking about it ...here ...lol

Something has been made of the notion that possibly there were no records and thats why they arent to the fore as yet ( afawk )

This seems ludicrous. The whole program was based upon the idea that some sort of advantage could be had by going down this murky trail. The only way to know whether youre succeeding or know is to quantify and qualify the results as they come to hand. There HAD to be records , it just stands to reason. To not have them is illogical ( and fruitless)

There is nothing either haphazard or particularly ad hoc about messendon. They are actually very very good ( if somewhat nefarious ) in their planning. You dont remain solvent, powerful and get big buck things built if you arent.

To suggest that the 'program' was a bit up in the air is just a carefully added smokescreen to this dark event.

Something has been made of the notion that possibly there were no records and thats why they arent to the fore as yet ( afawk )

This seems ludicrous. The whole program was based upon the idea that some sort of advantage could be had by going down this murky trail. The only way to know whether youre succeeding or know is to quantify and qualify the results as they come to hand. There HAD to be records , it just stands to reason. To not have them is illogical ( and fruitless)

Of course they exist

But likely they will only be produced if it is in the possessor's interests - be the driver a carrot or a stick