Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Some may argue tanking comes under gambling. Personally when there was a priority pick, I think gamblers should have taken into account a team's position and goals as well as form in placing a bet. Ditto for that pre-final match when Freo fielded their reserves.

Given the current press conference, it is unlikely that it is a coincidence that Essendon asked the AFL etc to investigate 2 days ago.

I understand where you are coming from.

AD stated they were looking at gambling in 2008.

This is a year prior to Melbourne allegedly Tanking.

If I remember correctly the AFL was more concerned about the line betting advertised on the screens at major grounds.

Quite often I was amazed at odds that were shown on sides that performed poorly in one particular 1/4 only to have a complete form reversal the next 1/4

A bit off topic, but: You've got to hand it to journos. Here is the first few sentences by M Robinson today:

UNQUESTIONABLY, James Hird would have asked himself in recent days whether he should resign as Essendon coach.

The answer is no. Resign for what?

That Hird even contemplated the question tells us the weight of responsibility he feels.

Sentence 1 - speculation

Sentence 3 - written as if the speculation was fact.

It may be that I've missed seeing elsewhere (and before this article was written) that Hird had said he had considered reigning, but then sentence 1 is wrong.

Is that Mark Robinson the one eyed Bomber fan, the guys a filthy low life, if that was us or anyone else for that matter he would want heads on platters, the bald rat doesnt write it as he sees it.

Hilarious selection of comments from Essendon supporters in the 'Hun today.

"As a lifelong supporter of the Essendon Football Club I will be tearing up my membership."

"As a 71.y.o lifelong supporter, I am finished with this club. To imagine these practices could go on unnoticed by club officials on the scale it appears to have done beggars belief. 100 years of proud tradition wiped out."

"As an Essendon supporter I think the club should not be able to play for premiership points this year and should be stripped of all draft picks. You do the crime you do the time."

Talk about perception becoming reality!

I actually find those comments a little sad, because I know how I would feel if it was the Dees in that position.

• Like 2

Report page 17 is dynamite.....

Elite Athletes 15

Widespread use of peptides has been identified, or is suspected by the ACC, in a number

of professional sporting codes in Australia. Although the use of peptides appears to be

more widespread in some major codes, individuals from a number of other sports are also

suspected of using peptides.

Multiple players (in one code) from a number of clubs are suspected of currently using or

having previously used peptides, which could constitute an anti-doping rule violation.16

Some players have also been identified as sourcing peptides for personal use. An instance

of team-based doping, orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff, has also been

identified.

Apart from the peptide’s anabolic effects, it has been found that injured elite athletes,

particularly players from one sporting code, have been using peptides to assist in

rehabilitating soft tissue injuries.

While the level of suspected use of peptides varies between sporting codes, officials

from one club have been identified as administering, via injections and intravenous drips,

a variety of substances, possibly including peptides. Moreover, the substances were

administered at levels which were possibly in breach of WADA anti-doping rules. This

activity was orchestrated by some club officials and the club’s high performance unit.

While intelligence confirms the use of peptides in major sporting codes, it further suggests

that individuals in a range of other codes may also be using peptides.

• Like 2

Oh jeez, i hope no other club gets really caught up in this.... Ok maybe Collingwood :lol:

Looks like more clubs will be caught up in this, if we are then I think we took the wrong stuff judging by performances.

Questions will be asked about the off shore training regimes pre season and during the season, it's all open now. Who knows?

• Like 1

from bomebr blitz;

Someone on another clubs coterie told me two Victorian clubs. One pretty wealthy club (assuming Collingwood, Carlton or Hawthorn) and one club that is known for being battlers (Melbourne, North, Doggies, Saints[?]).

oh man i hope we arent involved!

page 27:

The ACC has identified specific high-performance staff, sports scientists and

coaches within some codes who have condoned and/or orchestrated the administration

of prohibited substances, and substances not yet approved for human consumption,

to players.

In some cases, peptides and other substances were administered to players without

them understanding the nature of the substances, and without the knowledge of the

team doctor or club medical staff.

It's getting BIGGER.http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/sites/default/files/files/organised-crime-and-drugs-in-sports-feb2013.pdfMultiple codes, multiple sports.Surely couldn't have been us though right?Might even explain us falling away seemingly...

IF we were sold performance enhancing drugs any time over the past five years, I would be demanding (i) drug analysis and (ii) a refund

• Like 11

Report page 17 is dynamite.....

Elite Athletes 15

Widespread use of peptides has been identified, or is suspected by the ACC, in a number

of professional sporting codes in Australia. Although the use of peptides appears to be

more widespread in some major codes, individuals from a number of other sports are also

suspected of using peptides.

Multiple players (in one code) from a number of clubs are suspected of currently using or

having previously used peptides, which could constitute an anti-doping rule violation.16

Some players have also been identified as sourcing peptides for personal use. An instance

of team-based doping, orchestrated by some club officials and coaching staff, has also been

identified.

Apart from the peptide’s anabolic effects, it has been found that injured elite athletes,

particularly players from one sporting code, have been using peptides to assist in

rehabilitating soft tissue injuries.

While the level of suspected use of peptides varies between sporting codes, officials

from one club have been identified as administering, via injections and intravenous drips,

a variety of substances, possibly including peptides. Moreover, the substances were

administered at levels which were possibly in breach of WADA anti-doping rules. This

activity was orchestrated by some club officials and the club’s high performance unit.

While intelligence confirms the use of peptides in major sporting codes, it further suggests

that individuals in a range of other codes may also be using peptides.

Join the dots..

Bye bye Bombers

from bomebr blitz;

Someone on another clubs coterie told me two Victorian clubs. One pretty wealthy club (assuming Collingwood, Carlton or Hawthorn) and one club that is known for being battlers (Melbourne, North, Doggies, Saints[?]).

With the amount of leak's we've had I'm sure it would have come out by now.

• Like 1

from bomebr blitz;

The soft tissue injuries are the giveaway I believe (funny how we become instant experts,,,)

The other teams in recent memory that have had that are the Pies and St Kilda,,,,,

page 27:

The ACC has identified specific high-performance staff, sports scientists and

coaches within some codes who have condoned and/or orchestrated the administration

of prohibited substances, and substances not yet approved for human consumption,

to players.

In some cases, peptides and other substances were administered to players without

them understanding the nature of the substances, and without the knowledge of the

team doctor or club medical staff.

ASADA have however clearly stated that ignorance is no defence.

Hilarious selection of comments from Essendon supporters in the 'Hun today.

"As a lifelong supporter of the Essendon Football Club I will be tearing up my membership."

"As a 71.y.o lifelong supporter, I am finished with this club. To imagine these practices could go on unnoticed by club officials on the scale it appears to have done beggars belief. 100 years of proud tradition wiped out."

"As an Essendon supporter I think the club should not be able to play for premiership points this year and should be stripped of all draft picks. You do the crime you do the time."

Talk about perception becoming reality!

Yeah. We've never seen those kind of comments on here before.

With the amount of leak's we've had I'm sure it would have come out by now.

Probably, but we didn't hear much about Essendon till just before the Crime Commission's report was released just now.

Probably, but we didn't hear much about Essendon till just before the Crime Commission's report was released just now.

Interestingly I was just thinking that - presumably, like the AFL Integrity mob, the Crime Commission leaks.

page 28:

The ACC has identified a range of substances that have limited to no history of use

in humans, are not approved for human use, or their use is considered ‘off-label’.

Substances being administered to players include:

• afamelanotide and melanocyte stimulating hormone (Melanotan™ I and II)

• AOD-9604—an anti-obesity drug currently going through human clinic trials

• Cerebrolysin™—a peptide extract from pig brain which is used to treat

alzheimer’s and stroke victims

• a form of Interleukin not prohibited by WADA—used in the treatment of burns

and inflammation associated with trauma (some other forms of Interleukin are

prohibited by WADA)

• TA-65™—a drug which acts on a section of the DNA and is purported to reduce

ageing at the cellular level

• Actovegin™—calf blood extract (used by a route of administration which is not

prohibited by WADA).

While these substances are not prohibited by WADA, due to a lack of long-term clinical

studies on the use of these substances or their ‘off-label’ use, their potential impact on

the health of players—both short and long-term—is unknown.

The apparent willingness of some high-performance coaches, trainers and sports

scientists to administer WADA-prohibited and experimental drugs and their advocacy

of ‘off-label’ substance use, raises concerns over the welfare of players who are being

administered these substances and broader issues for sports administrators in Australia.

It was also identified that some high-performance coaching staff utilised medical staff
rom outside their respective clubs to administer substances to players. In some cases,

the medical staff administering these substances were not communicating with the

appointed team doctors nor advising team doctors of the treatments or substances

being administered to players. No party appeared to be maintaining comprehensive

medical records in relation to treatments being given to players. (my underlining).

Thats actually the point ( as I see it )

We seem to have notoriously developed leaks over recent times that surely had such an occurrence happened then the same dark lods tha move mysteroiusly amongst us plotting Board downfalls etc would have jumped at this trump. It didnt and hasnt.

Essendon were ( emphasis on were ) better at such containments.

The Bombers if they arent too careful might join the ranks of such notables as ANA TAA Compass Impulse and Strategic !!

• Like 1

Vic Pol saying cant say much and cant talk about telephone intercepts (sounds like there may well be intercepts).

"Report opens up other lines of enquiry."

As i said before dynamite.....

Vic Pol saying cant say much and cant talk about telephone intercepts (sounds like there may well be intercepts).

"Report opens up other lines of enquiry."

As i said before dynamite.....

Hiroshima Bombers ?????

• Like 1