Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Haha, very unappealing

Is this why Hird has kept his appeal option open? To see the evidence first?

Then why don't we get compo for Clark and have to trade I wonder?

Really good point! Except he'd probably get band 4 after all the shite about Frawley

Just a serious question: in the circumstances, is there any way that a potential draftee could state prior to the draft that there was no way they would play at EssenDrug?

Is there a precedent?

Is there any get out rule?

Just a serious question: in the circumstances, is there any way that a potential draftee could state prior to the draft that there was no way they would play at EssenDrug?

Is there a precedent?

Is there any get out rule?

worksafe - unsafe work environment

or aversion to messianic compulsive syndrome

Brent Prismall apparently seeking own legal representation also

crack

CRACK

Classic

1150997_651461188197332_814016478_n.jpg?

not to be picky but why would Golden Boy be hanging at Hurstville in work clobber ??

Why don't we agree to delist CLark and get a first round comp pick??

Clark is not eligible for free agency. If we delist him he has to go to the draft.

Besides that, would his contract really be likely to get anywhere near a band 1 or 2 compo?

not to be picky but why would Golden Boy be hanging at Hurstville in work clobber ??

Looking for a job at photoshop?

• Like 1

I think the picture has been photo-shopped.

But who cares as it was for the humour effect that I posted it.

No idea where a Hurstville is but assumed it must be part of the Gat and therefore Biff's stomping grounds.

• Like 2

I think the picture has been photo-shopped.

But who cares as it was for the humour effect that I posted it.

No idea where a Hurstville is but assumed it must be part of the Gat and therefore Biff's stomping grounds.

Hurstville is in Sydney and not really a Hirdy type hangout lol

Hurstville is in Sydney and not really a Hirdy type hangout lol

Oh its a drug free venue then?

• Like 4

I heard on the radio that St Kilda and North did this exact thing last year with Del Santo. I must say I had no idea this happened.

Seems to me that this is 'gaming' the system. Essendon and Port Adelaide are effectively exploiting the compensation in order to CREATE additional currency for the same transaction.

I agree with the previous poster who said that at the very least Essendon's draft sanctions should force any compensation that is higher than their first draft pick back behind it.

Loopholes in loopholes. And all allowed because the AFL won't want the force anything into court.

Ah, good:

Essendon had hoped that any Ryder compensation pick would be in line with its ladder position - theoretically pick 13 - in the manner of James Frawley and Dale Thomas. But the AFL says the rules mean the compensation pick has to be after its first selection - which, after the AFL sanctions on Essendon last year - has the Bombers' first pick at the end of the first round.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-news-radical-plan-discussed-to-get-paddy-ryder-to-port-adelaide-20141008-1137n5.html#ixzz3FauOiSNz

• Like 1

I heard on the radio that St Kilda and North did this exact thing last year with Del Santo. I must say I had no idea this happened.

Seems to me that this is 'gaming' the system. Essendon and Port Adelaide are effectively exploiting the compensation in order to CREATE additional currency for the same transaction.

I agree with the previous poster who said that at the very least Essendon's draft sanctions should force any compensation that is higher than their first draft pick back behind it.

Loopholes in loopholes. And all allowed because the AFL won't want the force anything into court.

Could it be that the AFL is afraid their whole trading system is not legal. So they refuse to take anyone to court?

Ah, good:

Essendon had hoped that any Ryder compensation pick would be in line with its ladder position - theoretically pick 13 - in the manner of James Frawley and Dale Thomas. But the AFL says the rules mean the compensation pick has to be after its first selection - which, after the AFL sanctions on Essendon last year - has the Bombers' first pick at the end of the first round.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trade-news-radical-plan-discussed-to-get-paddy-ryder-to-port-adelaide-20141008-1137n5.html#ixzz3FauOiSNz

since when did the afl pay any respect for "the rules" (except when it suits them)?

Hird just can't help playing funny buggers can he.

Hird and ASADA at odds over appeal date

""Hird has amended his appeal in recent days, having decided against arguing Middleton's ruling that ASADA's interim report given to the AFL last year "was for a proper purpose and within power".

Instead, he is only going to focus on "the lawfulness of the joint investigation, questions of statutory construction and ultra vires". ""

North and Saints did this with Dal Santo last year BUT he wasn't officially contracted. He met triggers to extend the contract but both parties opted NOT to extend the contract. No contract was voided.

As a result, this scenario is completely different.

• Like 1

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri has broken ranks with the Essendon 34 and hired top criminal lawyer Rob Stary to lead his defence against doping allegations.

Stewart Crameri breaks ranks from 34 current, past Essendon players, hires top lawyer

Zl4rT0o.gif

There's a lot of white noise going on about this scandal but this part is the one that interests me:-

Cronulla players in the NRL received heavily discounted and backdated penalties from ASADA in August that saw some miss just three matches. The Herald Sun understands ASADA will not entertain penalties for any Essendon player that do not include suspensions for multiple AFL matches in 2015.

ASADA is of the view that the supplements program at Essendon in 2012 was more systemic than that at Cronulla the previous year.

Methinks there is going to be a lot of pressure applied on ASADA from on high to distance itself from the AFL sinkhole and treat any offenders who are guilty of breaches of the WADA Code with a proper measure of seriousness. That means at best a half a season (i.e. in season) for players who co-operate and the full two years for others.

The NRL deal and ASADA's handling of the matters, the lack of co-operation from Essendon, the government interference and the AFL's role is not being ignored overseas. Our international sporting reputation is taking a dive and, although its not in their domain, I wonder what other sports bodies think of the latest rort over Ryder. I don't believe they will be impressed.

US anti-doping boss Travis Tygart slams Australia's former government over supplements scandal

• Like 3

While Essendon coach James Hird, in a club video message, is labelling Ryder as a “required player”....

For the good of the game, when is Essendon going to label Hird as not a required coach?

• Like 1