Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Diddums Dons, let the bans begin !!

Get a load of Thompson's post match presser!

http://m.afl.com.au/video/subscriptions.smartmobile?mediaId=035585d35fa48410VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

The arrogance of that club is beyond comprehension.

Sorry, don't see anything wrong with what Thompson said. He's supporting his players as he would and as he should, he would like to see an end be it the players cleared or suspensions but he wants an end. What he wants and what the club is doing are very different things, I doubt Thompson has any input into the clubs decision to take legal action to tie things up.

• Like 1

Reread it rjay...hes craftily rewriting history as well as diluting his involvement.

Don't hold your breath

Not sure about that. The players will be keen after this debacle to extract as much as they can in their remaining years of football. Salary cap issues will loom large for the top teams.

Speaking after the Bombers squandered a 33-point third quarter lead to lose to North Melbourne in Saturday night's elimination final, Thompson used his final post-match press conference at the helm to reiterate his sympathy for the players.

'"I really feel sorry them. I do. Everyone's been saying the players are the number one priority but right now the players have got 34 show-cause notices under their nose. Two years later! And everyone admits they've done not much wrong. Where's the decency in that?" he asked.

UHHH its YOUR club who is slowing the whole thing down mate.

And not much wrong means they did SOME wrong.

IF you want it over, stop the court cases and answer the show cause notices!

• Like 4

A little bit of history in this Rohan Connolly article from November 2011 that was dug up by a Saintsational poster ~

Bigger Bombers for bruising battles

The younger players on the Dons' list are into their third week of pre-season work and already it seems the benefits of the recruitment of former Geelong strength and conditioning coach Dean Robinson are tangible.

"You can see the body shapes have changed for some of the guys at the club," Watson said yesterday.

"It's noticeable that the program that has been put in place has already been effective on most guys. Certainly it has been an eye-opener for the guys who have been doing it for two-and-a-half weeks."

Three years later and those bigger bodies can't run out four quarters of football and the real bruising battles are being fought out in courtrooms.

• Like 8

Victorian WorkCover Authority to probe AFL on supplements scandal after complaint

Someone (anonymously) has asked WorkCover to investigate the AFL itself. Probably just another red-herring by the Essendon camp! Or an attempt to ensure that their fines get rescinded, get their draft picks back and setting a scene so that they can pass the buck to the AFL if the players raise a class action and sue the Club.

EFC's disingenousness knows no bounds. Still blaming everyone else but themselves.

I hope this saga only drags on for a few more years.

We should be raiding their stocks.

A change of jumper would be good for all of them.

Knowing MFC's luck, we would pull of a huge coup only to find that he was the one player singled out by ASADA WADA AFL for a lifetime ban, or to be the first to succumb to some poison induced illness. :-(

Victorian WorkCover Authority to probe AFL on supplements scandal after complaint

Someone (anonymously) has asked WorkCover to investigate the AFL itself. Probably just another red-herring by the Essendon camp! Or an attempt to ensure that their fines get rescinded, get their draft picks back and setting a scene so that they can pass the buck to the AFL if the players raise a class action and sue the Club.

EFC's disingenousness knows no bounds. Still blaming everyone else but themselves.

Interesting how people read things differently. I saw the HS article this morning and thought ...hey, Bombers, stand back from the oscillating blades as the sloppy excrement is about to hit.

• Like 1

Knowing MFC's luck, we would pull of a huge coup only to find that he was the one player singled out by ASADA WADA AFL for a lifetime ban, or to be the first to succumb to some poison induced illness. :-(

Interesting how people read things differently. I saw the HS article this morning and thought ...hey, Bombers, stand back from the oscillating blades as the sloppy excrement is about to hit.

Remember mono this is the EFC cheer squad you are talking about.

Anything to divert the story away from them.

• Like 1

Remember mono this is the EFC cheer squad you are talking about.

Anything to divert the story away from them.

Well, they may be trying to covert the story, but they may not be able to divert the very unpleasant flying stuff

Well, they may be trying to covert the story, but they may not be able to divert the very unpleasant flying stuff

That is the word "May".

I still have this feeling the EFC players are going to get off lightly mono.

I have thought it for 18 months and the Cronulla situation has only confirmed that feeling

Now that Ryder is public youd have to think a few others wont be far behind. Good mindset going into a final !!

Cant wait for the official spin out of the Hill . Ought to prove entertaining.

Think they just hit an iceberg !

I'm trying to visualise this. Planes colliding with icebergs. Top Gun meets Titanic, perhaps.

That is the word "May".

I still have this feeling the EFC players are going to get off lightly mono.

I have thought it for 18 months and the Cronulla situation has only confirmed that feeling

You do know the EFC did nothing wrong?

Just ask Loophole Little.

Why would he lie as the EFC have such a great Club Culture and nothing to hide.

I am sure I heard them say at the start of the investigation that they would full support it.

I'm trying to visualise this. Planes colliding with icebergs. Top Gun meets Titanic, perhaps.

Could happen - flying low over the crests of waves in thick fog, searching for the unsinkable ship's remains......WHACK!!!!!

2nid46v.jpg

• Like 2

People expecting a final decision in the Federal Court matter this week are going to be disappointed if my information is correct. It's not on the court's radar at the moment.

Has anybody mentioned that your name is Mo Fine one of the Stooges, but your Avatar is of Curly another of the Stooges?

• Like 2

Has anybody mentioned that your name is Mo Fine one of the Stooges, but your Avatar is of Curly another of the Stooges?

Redleg, I think it's safe to say that the original Stooges (and in the end I think there were more than three) have now passed on. The original ones were Moe Howard, Curly Howard and Larry Fine so this poster is really an imposter and not really one of them at all.

Mind you, he does look like one or two of the characters you see in the court system and they usually wear wigs. :lol:

• Like 3

Lloyd is an absolute one eyed idiot. He removes any lingering doubt whenever he moves his lips.

Lloyd is an absolute one eyed [censored]. He removes any lingering doubt whenever he moves his lips.

Has found it impossible to make the change from Essendon player to media commentator with a gram of objectivity.

• Like 1

lol that's gold

it's true they put a lot into him though (hundreds of times)

• Like 2