• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Both local dailies are going with the queries about whether Essendon's assistance to its players in covering their legal fees over the ASADA investigation comes under its salary cap - AFL refuses to say whether Essendon players’ legal fees will be included in the salary cap andBombers seek special exemption on players' legal fees.

I think the players might also need to consider how closely they should be aligned with their club if infraction notices issue. Hopefully, their legal advice will be independent because the interests of club and players might not end up in alignment.

It's an unusual situation here. Should the other 17 AFL clubs help out the club which, on the face of it, appears to have tried to cheat them?

They were certainly not inclined to help Melbourne out last year when the club applied for draft assistance on the back of seven years of mostly poor performances and that was four years after the alleged offence of employing someone who told jokes about winning and losing took place.

On that basis the AFL should be telling Essendon not to expect any consideration whatsoever as the club has already been found guilty of poor governance over its doping programme and is likely to face further charges when ASADA finally gets its act together.

Yep tell'em to get stuffed.

• Like 2

Are Essendon trying to play the hero card by paying the legal fees for players who are only in the mess they're in because of Essendon?

• Like 1

I think the payment of legal fees by the club in this instance is a non issue. The only relevant issue is if it is included in the salary cap there could be an action by the AFL for exceeding the cap. Given what is at the heart of this I don't see the AFL fining them again for breaching the salary cap in paying legal fees for their players over an issue that the club caused and is responsible for.

There are far bigger fish to fry. No need to worry over the chips.

Could all this talk from essendon about taking on ASADA be a load of BS? They were banging on how they would take on the AFL when they were charged and punished. Nek minute they rolled over and copped their right whack.

I firmly believe Essendrug should be given no lee way whatsoever. They're in a mire of their own making.

• Like 3

The money will run out soon

Even the rich coterie members will get fed up surely. Moneys being thrown down the drain, and millions of it.

Essendon are dead in the water.

Both local dailies are going with the queries about whether Essendon's assistance to its players in covering their legal fees over the ASADA investigation comes under its salary cap - AFL refuses to say whether Essendon players’ legal fees will be included in the salary cap and

Bombers seek special exemption on players' legal fees.

I think the players might also need to consider how closely they should be aligned with their club if infraction notices issue. Hopefully, their legal advice will be independent because the interests of club and players might not end up in alignment.

It's an unusual situation here. Should the other 17 AFL clubs help out the club which, on the face of it, appears to have tried to cheat them?

They were certainly not inclined to help Melbourne out last year when the club applied for draft assistance on the back of seven years of mostly poor performances and that was four years after the alleged offence of employing someone who told jokes about winning and losing took place.

On that basis the AFL should be telling Essendon not to expect any consideration whatsoever as the club has already been found guilty of poor governance over its doping programme and is likely to face further charges when ASADA finally gets its act together.

I think that's a key point 'Jack'.

• Like 2

Oh no, not another waiver form :o

They couldn't be that fn stupid.......:rolleyes:

They couldn't be that fn stupid....... :rolleyes:

Are you sure bb

It seems a very large number of them were not exactly Rocket scientists a couple of years back.

• Like 1

One consideration that might be playing a part here is the possibility of players who suffer ASADA penalties taking civil action against the club. The ASADA rules about personal responsibility may be stringent, but a court may see it differently.

Bummers are obviously more concerned about controlling the fallout than the welfare of their players. Its lamentable and scandalous really that there trying to avoid a class action. Surprising ? no

• Like 3

so essendrug will pay for the players' lawyers to sue the club? excellent

Well they re-contracted the man who inspired the whole program, and then denied his duty of care to the players. Shortly after that they agreed to pay him during his suspension.The Little-man likes throwing money away....................

• Like 2

If my legal fees were being paid by the Club, I'd want the best cigar-smoking lawyer in Australia

( or the world )

Hi there from Cartagena, Columbia.

I'm in the marketplace in the walled city and there's a bloke here trying to sell me some Cuban cigars.

What brand do you recommend?

:lol:

• Like 1

Hi there from Cartagena, Columbia.

I'm in the marketplace in the walled city and there's a bloke here trying to sell me some Cuban cigars.

What brand do you recommend?

:lol:

Hello from a distance WJ

Sorry to be a little slow

Sun has only just come up here

To business: it is really hard to go past the Montecristo No.2 for an everyday treat and for that special occasion ( like when the client pays the bill ) I would recommend you keep your eyes peeled the Cohiba Behike

• Like 1

so it should

really hope Eddies on the money here

The real issue re salary cap here is what happens to the salary cap when up to a dozen EFC players get infraction notices and are rubbed out for two years. They will have to recruit to field a team. Essendon have said if any players are rubbed out they will continue to pay them. They will therefore need special salary cap dispensation in order to recruit additional player replacements. It breaks all the AFL RULES, and no doubt their own contracts when standard contracts say that if a player is rubbed out for taking performance enhancing drugs their contracts(and therefore the obligation to pay them) becomes null and void.

I'm predicting massive law suits from players effected against the AFL and the EFC here. There is also the possibility of additional litigation against EFC by disaffected members of the EFC when Essendon continue to pay players after they are rubbed out, in contravention of their contracts.

The whole thing is a huge mess, and will be tied up in the courts for years and has the potential to dismantle the carefully constructed AFL rules which makes the whole system work. The only winners are the lawyers who feed of this stuff.

so it should

really hope Eddies on the money here

The real issue re salary cap here is what happens to the salary cap when up to a dozen EFC players get infraction notices and are rubbed out for two years. They will have to recruit to field a team. Essendon have said if any players are rubbed out they will continue to pay them. They will therefore need special salary cap dispensation in order to recruit additional player replacements. It breaks all the AFL RULES, and no doubt their own contracts when standard contracts say that if a player is rubbed out for taking performance enhancing drugs their contracts(and therefore the obligation to pay them) becomes null and void.

I'm predicting massive law suits from players effected against the AFL and the EFC here. There is also the possibility of additional litigation against EFC by disaffected members of the EFC when Essendon continue to pay players after they are rubbed out, in contravention of their contracts.

The whole thing is a huge mess, and will be tied up in the courts for years and has the potential to dismantle the carefully constructed AFL rules which makes the whole system work. The only winners are the lawyers who feed of this stuff.