Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

Fact. Essendon players were administered supplements via injections

Fact. There were over a thousand injections to its list

Fact. Reporting procedures were poor

Fact. Even the Essendon Football Club do not know what was administered

Fact. The AFL have sanctioned Essendon severly for it's practise

Jnr is on the money. Essendon players were administered drugs.

We're the substances illegal? Well New Mexico is known for it propensity to provide drugs that are very suspicious and not available over the counter at a chemist.

Alleged or not. It doesn't take a chemist to join the dots!

Your partisan diatribe is junk and you have no idea what you are talking about. The Govt has to play by WADA's rules otherwise its whole National sporting program at world champs and the olympics would be compromised. They have already felt significant heat because of the 3 strikes policy of the AFL. The AFL and former Govt had a number of big fights over the AFLs policy.

Stop trying to rewrite history and create your own agenda.

Junk? really.

My writing has been called many things. People have disagreed with it, but I have never had such a vacuous argument of such sophistication as "junk". Well done. Thanks for the constructive, well argued comment.

He is alleging based on someone else alleging.

That does not make it factual.

no hes not

jobe Watson"i was shocked to be INJECTED up to 50 times in the abdomen

spikey mcviegh" I was injected with vitamins,we all knew that" I am now waiting for asada to tell me what it really was"

doc reid"i was never happy with the injections?bomber Thompson"stop these injections

jnmac is spot on. he never has ALLEGED any type of drug

he has just repeated facts not innuendo

Edited by jazza

I'm sure you'd also be in trouble if you forced your staff to take ice baths and run 10kms time trials whilst yelling at them.

I doubt that the Federal and State Governments would want to have too many enquiries running at the same time and when the dust settles it wouldn't surprise if Workcare get involved, particularly if there is found to be potential harm in any drug administered.

Why not you get the facts first?

Workplace Victoria will only move ( if they plan to) once ASADA is finished it's investigation.

At the moment there is no cast iron proof of what you are alleging.

That is just such crud I can't believe you would write it,

In my workplace if I was injecting people with drugs there would be no WADA just a complaint to Worksafe from anybody would do it. In fact if you watch the ads workplace comings knocking on a door every 12 minutes - they don't need an invitation. My workplace has been visited by them without invitation. Its their job.

Why don't you get the facts first?

In my workplace if I was injecting people with drugs there would be no WADA just a complaint to Worksafe from anybody would do it. In fact if you watch the ads workplace comings knocking on a door every 12 minutes - they don't need an invitation. My workplace has been visited by them without invitation. Its their job.

Any chance you actually had the proof its happening?? And I mean proof.

All you have is allegations. And those that tout "FACT" on here have produced little to support their argument and much to validate mine.

And until the ASADA investigation is finished, I doubt whether a State based workplace regulator will go in.

If ASADA establish that drugs has been administered and issue infraction notices then Workcover may well have a job to.

I am not sure what industry you are in but unless its a hospital/medical, the allegation of injecting drugs in the workplace would be both unusual and highly irregular.

no hes not

spikey mcviegh" I was injected with vitamins,we all knew that" I am now waiting for asada to tell me what it really was"

doc reid"i was never happy with the injections?bomber Thompson"stop these injections

They are not facts that you can make a clear case that junior is trying unsuccessfully to substantiate.

And your unconnected titbits dont add up to anything more than the players (particularly Watson and McVeigh) dont know what they have taken.Doc Reed does not know what they have taken. And Bomber Thompson does not know either.

So it does not establish anything. And the junior has an unproven opinion that they have taken drugs. They may well have but at this point we like the persons mentioned dont know.

And whats been demonstrated is that you and others dont know either.

Edited by Rhino Richards

They are not facts that you can make a clear case that junior is trying unsuccessfully to substantiate.

And your unconnected titbits dont add up to anything more than the players (particularly Watson and McVeigh) dont know what they have taken.Doc Reed does not know what they have taken. And Bomber Thompson does not know either.

So it does not establish anything. And the junior has an unproven opinion that they have taken drugs. They may well have but at this point we like the persons mentioned dont know.

"I signed that consent form and my understanding, after it being given through (club doctor) Bruce Reid and the club, that I was receiving AOD... that it was legal at the time and that was actually what I was told I was being given."

Jobe Watson said he took AOD and that he received it from Reid... They knew what they were taking/adminstering

Any chance you actually had the proof its happening?? And I mean proof.

All you have is allegations. And those that tout "FACT" on here have produced little to support their argument and much to validate mine.

And until the ASADA investigation is finished, I doubt whether a State based workplace regulator will go in.

If ASADA establish that drugs has been administered and issue infraction notices then Workcover may well have a job to.

I am not sure what industry you are in but unless its a hospital/medical, the allegation of injecting drugs in the workplace would be both unusual and highly irregular.

You don't bother reading other people's posts do you?

I never said anything about allegations but incase you have been living under a rock there have been 8 months of allegations and admissions.

I repeat: Worksafe doesn't need any evidence of anything to enter a premises. It can walk into to any worksite in Victoria including football clubs to investigate OH&S.

Now repeat that three times to yourself before you bother trying to reply.

And if you think Worksafe can't walk into a BHP site in Victoria because its a 'national' company then there isn't much point responding to anything else you have to say.

I doubt that the Federal and State Governments would want to have too many enquiries running at the same time and when the dust settles it wouldn't surprise if Workcare get involved, particularly if there is found to be potential harm in any drug administered.

Quite possibly, yes.

I'm not sure what you're on about. Of course there would be no WADA; unless your workplace is the MCG, WADA is completely irrelevant.

Ignoring that, what has WorkSafe got to complain about? They'll inspect and find...what? At the moment, nothing.

If they are to undertake an investigation, they'll do so after ASADA has finished. If ASADA doesn't charge the players, then WorkSafe won't bother.

"I signed that consent form and my understanding, after it being given through (club doctor) Bruce Reid and the club, that I was receiving AOD... that it was legal at the time and that was actually what I was told I was being given."

Jobe Watson said he took AOD and that he received it from Reid... They knew what they were taking/adminstering

I've had this semantics argument a few times, but suffice to say I don't think this bit is correct. I don't agree that he said 'I took AOD'.

You don't bother reading other people's posts do you?

I never said anything about allegations but incase you have been living under a rock there have been 8 months of allegations and admissions.

I repeat: Worksafe doesn't need any evidence of anything to enter a premises. It can walk into to any worksite in Victoria including football clubs to investigate OH&S.

Now repeat that three times to yourself before you bother trying to reply.

And if you think Worksafe can't walk into a BHP site in Victoria because its a 'national' company then there isn't much point responding to anything else you have to say.

Ok you never said anything allegations but you then go onto say there have 8 months of allegations and admissions.......riiiggghhhttt. Gotcha.

Fwiw, there have been in fact few if any admissions of substance (or substances). There has been a raft of denials.

And Fwiw, I have read your inflamed bile and I and others have laid it very clearly that while there is another serious investigation (ASADA) based off an ACC report trying to determine just what happened, I can't see the sense or the logic in Workcover moving now.

I have already stated that if ASADA find issues of illegal drug consumption then they have a strong avenue for investigation. Given the seriousness of ASADA investigation I could not think of any sensible reason why Workcover would move in advance of the ASADA outcome when those facts aren't settled and there is a risk that the agencies could compromise each others effectiveness.

And for some who is big on wrongly accusing others of not reading their posts, where the [censored] did I raise that Workcover can't walk into BHP because ita national company (btw it's a big international operation). It certainly can but its not that stupid to do so if there was another related enquiry going on that would have bearing on its investigation.

Why not you get the facts first?

Workplace Victoria will only move ( if they plan to) once ASADA is finished it's investigation.

At the moment there is no cast iron proof of what you are alleging.

Well said RR. There seems to be very strongly held views here with very little facts to back them up.

Your posts on this subject have been admirable.

hes not alleging

hes going on the facts supplied by jab Watson/spikey mcviegh

He is alleging based on someone else alleging.

That does not make it factual.

no hes not

yep your right AGAIN sorry to have misinterpreted the facts

1/I thought they were INJECTING ME with aod

2/there were times I saw syringes and all sorts of stuff,i said get it out of here ,bomber

3/well I was INJECTED with what I thought was vitamins,now I have to wait for asada to tell me what it is

4/im not signing off on THIS,ive sent the club a letter

these quotes are real ,but not FACTUAL

quotes supplied by doc reid.bomber Thompson ,spikey mcviegh,jobe Watson

Edited by jazza

It was Watson's "understanding" that he took AOD and that it was through Dr Reid ( possibly indirectly). The last time I looked, Watson did not have any medical/ pharmaceutical training. I don't have any such training in those fields and when I go to the Doctor I don't know what they will inject and have to operate on good faith. I would have thought Watson would do the same.

From statements made by Reid and others is that Reid did not administer any of the questionable supplements involved.

I think we need to wait for the ASADA report to confirm suspicions.

It was Watson's "understanding" that he took AOD and that it was through Dr Reid ( possibly indirectly). The last time I looked, Watson did not have any medical/ pharmaceutical training. I don't have any such training in those fields and when I go to the Doctor I don't know what they will inject and have to operate on good faith. I would have thought Watson would do the same.

From statements made by Reid and others is that Reid did not administer any of the questionable supplements involved.

I think we need to wait for the ASADA report to confirm suspicions.

RR you know better than that to pull out the "Watson did not have any medical/ pharmaceutical training" card

People who operate under ASADA/WADA rules are responsible for what enters their bodies, period. This includes who they have as doctors and advice they are given.

All he had to do was pick up the phone and call the ASADA help line to check a substance.

It's black and white.

What inst is exactly what they took - and for that we will have wait for the ASADA report... which we will probably never get to see beyond the executive summary.

• Like 1

RR you know better than that to pull out the "Watson did not have any medical/ pharmaceutical training" card

People who operate under ASADA/WADA rules are responsible for what enters their bodies, period. This includes who they have as doctors and advice they are given.

All he had to do was pick up the phone and call the ASADA help line to check a substance.

It's black and white.

What inst is exactly what they took - and for that we will have wait for the ASADA report... which we will probably never get to see beyond the executive summary.

Watsons (lack of knowledge) is a valid concern. I am have never claimed it in any way exonerated his obligations. What he believed and what he took may not be one and the same. And as you point out he did not contact ASADA to verify ( which in itself may not have given the lack of clarity in past ASADA guidance).

And it's always been my point that we will have to wait on the ASADA report if it can determine what was taken and by whom. However the lack of records is disturbing because there is a risk that we may never know what each player was given . An absolute travesty for any player to have carry such uncertainty through the rest of their life.

• Like 1