Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

the AFL and bombers are thrashing out a settlement as we speak

james hird to remain coach

jack watts to be traded to bombers and played as a loose in the backline

massive overs are to be paid for Sylvia

they must recruit at least one player who cant kick,handpass ,mark,amd has low fitness levels,he is to be kept on list for6 years,giving him time to improve

these points are the bugbear, hopefully they can come to an agreement

So they have to recruit a player from one half of the Dees current list jazza?

Slightly off topic but not worth starting a new thread. North look set to do what they couldn't earlier this year, that is put the Hawks away. Should the Bombers be stripped of points and North are elevated, it will give the finals a massive shake up. A likely elimination final against the pies week 1. Might be worth a punt.

Chris Connolly was suspended for 12 months for telling a dumb joke about tanking.

Hird orchestrated, sanctioned and oversaw a regime of unknown and/or undocumented substances into 40 young men. He seems likely to also receive a 12 month suspension.

I can't read those two paragraphs and reconcile in my mind how this is possible, let alone just.

Add to that destruction of evidence. No record were kept they keep saying. Yes we all want this resolved but I'm not a fan of cutting deals. I thought it had to go before the commission. If the chief lets them off cheaply he can go and he can take the bloody match review panel with him.

Slightly off topic but not worth starting a new thread. North look set to do what they couldn't earlier this year, that is put the Hawks away. Should the Bombers be stripped of points and North are elevated, it will give the finals a massive shake up. A likely elimination final against the pies week 1. Might be worth a punt.

Then they go and lose.

Excerpts from an earlier interview with Danks The science of Stephen Dank

Over at the HUN, Gerard Whateley is desperately trying to cling onto a life raft as his ASADA story becomes more ludicrous by the day. It beggars belief that he continues to ignore ASADA CEO Aurora Andruska's statement on AOD-9604 released earlier this week.

The Titanic is getting closer to the sea bed.

But nothing can stop the Hird Reich

So they have to recruit a player from one half of the Dees current list jazza?

He did say the player would improve in six years.

Add to that destruction of evidence. No record were kept they keep saying. Yes we all want this resolved but I'm not a fan of cutting deals.

They may not have kept records (their bad) but is there evidence that one or more persons have destroyed evidence? I don think so.

If there was definite evidence that EFC officials did destroy evidence of medical records then ASADA would have a smoking gun. If EFC aren't in enough trouble this would game set match ....they would be totally fracked with no wriggle room.

• Like 1

My thoughts on the penalty that I think would be apt for EFC. The likely AFL deal they will cut.

2013 season: Wiping of H&A points. No finals for 2013. (Ditto)

Fine: $2-3 million (AFL $1.5m)

Draft: suspended from 1st 3 rounds of 2013 and 2014 draft picks. ( suspended from 2013 only)

Hird: subject to a 3 year suspension ( will only get 1 year).

Not to be involved in football club activities.

Three aminos: subject to 2 year suspension on similar basis as Hird. ( ditto).

Implications of ASADA final report: AFL to have full right to pursue further actions pending ASADA/ACC determinations.

As a post script: Paul Little should required to stand down from the President and Board position. His position is untenable and remains part of the stain on the game.

So the 4 aminos are effectively finished in football. All persons linked with responsibility and culpability for this fiasco are exited. Essendon is severely punished but not crippled. Further ASADA/ACC action to be supported with avenue for the AFL to take further punishment on those implicated.

• Like 1

My thoughts on the penalty that I think would be apt for EFC. The likely AFL deal they will cut.

2013 season: Wiping of H&A points. No finals for 2013. (Ditto)

Fine: $2-3 million (AFL $1.5m)

Draft: suspended from 1st 3 rounds of 2013 and 2014 draft picks. ( suspended from 2013 only)

Hird: subject to a 3 year suspension ( will only get 1 year).

Not to be involved in football club activities.

Three aminos: subject to 2 year suspension on similar basis as Hird. ( ditto).

Implications of ASADA final report: AFL to have full right to pursue further actions pending ASADA/ACC determinations.

As a post script: Paul Little should required to stand down from the President and Board position. His position is untenable and remains part of the stain on the game.

So the 4 aminos are effectively finished in football. All persons linked with responsibility and culpability for this fiasco are exited. Essendon is severely punished but not crippled. Further ASADA/ACC action to be supported with avenue for the AFL to take further punishment on those implicated.

Bates?

Trenners gets off?

I'm still waiting for the first rogue player to come forward with their own personal records. Odds are there are least 2 or 3 Virgos on their list that must be driven by lists and record keeping!

They won't do it because it will result in then getting banned and no one else.

ASADA / WADA can issue sanctions against players, and coaches I believe. I believe WADA had the power to ban countries from events?

Dies any one know if they can ban or sanction clubs?

I'm still waiting for the first rogue player to come forward with their own personal records. Odds are there are least 2 or 3 Virgos on their list that must be driven by lists and record keeping!

Now theres a bit of left field thinking. Not nearly as barmy as some might think.

Right now what happens, happens to teh club as a whole. Whats coming though will get very personal and might produce a whole different fall out.

Chris Connolly was suspended for 12 months for telling a dumb joke about tanking.

Hird orchestrated, sanctioned and oversaw a regime of unknown and/or undocumented substances into 40 young men. He seems likely to also receive a 12 month suspension.

I can't read those two paragraphs and reconcile in my mind how this is possible, let alone just.

The difference here is that CC is probably re-employable.

JH on the other has his coaching days numbered.

The way I'm reading it, there's every chance the druggies will receive a sanction equal to or less than what Adelaide received. If there is not a loss of draft picks I'm calling it a show trial.

• Like 1

He did say the player would improve in six years.

They may not have kept records (their bad) but is there evidence that one or more persons have destroyed evidence? I don think so.

If there was definite evidence that EFC officials did destroy evidence of medical records then ASADA would have a smoking gun. If EFC aren't in enough trouble this would game set match ....they would be totally fracked with no wriggle room.

Agree mate, but I can't see ASADA/WADA buying into their story. I would have thought in a large organisation even what protein shakes players drink are recorded. I work in construction and failed a drug test, we soon discovered that a pre gym workout drink I had taken shared key ingredients of some party drugs. This triggered off the test. When I contacted the store they told me professional sports people are not permitted to take it. All that for a $70 tub from my local health store. In order for Essendon to see if their program was beneficial, record keeping would be essential. 40 + players x numerous substances.

If the AFL is going to fine the bombers for not keeping records then the AFL needs to implement rules.

It's important that governing bodies audit club's.in the corporate world big companies are done every two years.

AFL clubs are big business

Can that apply in these cases? I thought guilty was still guilty to WADA. It might get reduced to 6 months, but if it is 0 before they blab it isn't really clemency is it?

6 months is it. If they give up strong info that leads to a conviction then they can get 2 years reduced to 6 months.