Bombers scandal: charged, <redacted> and <infracted>

Jonesbag

"We have sufficient concerns about an identified breakdown in reporting protocols"

Don't tell me it's Bates' fault and the McLardy lynch mob is in the wrong....

Yeah, that's right. It's all Bates' fault. He's not just another scapegoat, because obviously no-one else at the club would have had any knowledge of this, whatsoever...

stuie, can you please insert that gif of Picard doing the facepalm here?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Im looking foorward to the MFC getting fired and people losing thier jobs while Essenscum have no penalties

yhou are an a hole , i dont want to be banned if you know what i mean , other wise ide pay out , you are are dog pal ,

Yeah, that's right. It's all Bates' fault. He's not just another scapegoat, because obviously no-one else at the club would have had any knowledge of this, whatsoever...

stuie, can you please insert that gif of Picard doing the facepalm here?

Cheers.

Yes, Don McLardy is ACTUALLY Santa! He knows when you've been bad or good...

Here's a facepalm for you and the 'Land lynch mob:

586.gif

yhou are an a hole , i dont want to be banned if you know what i mean , other wise ide pay out , you are are dog pal ,

Calm down mate, if I'm reading that right he/she is saying that we will have people sacked/fines / etc while Essendon keep humming along with no penalties.

Well, aren't you? You're one of the many here who talk like they could easily do a much better job, so step up then OD, don't spend your life complaining about the club, DO SOMETHING.

If you believe in this present board so much maybe you should put your name up Stuie. Like serious...get involved mate. Be good to have a few grass root genuine supporters on the board. This present board (and most before them) seem so far removed from what it is they're actually there for and the FD/game itself, need some real footy people there other than just poor old Greg

Edited by Rusty Nails

i wont calm down on this , im just as shitty as the rest of us , but to be a sniping ignorant peice of it is not on , , support or nick off and dont come back , , i am and will be a supporter thru thick and thin , and it just seems that these sad sacks just pick pick , well i say [censored] off and jump on the pies or who ever at least they dont eat there own , ,start that crap on there sites and see how ya go , , if i ever see these names come up after we win a few , i will most probaly get rubbed out , grrrrrrrrrr

Calm down mate, if I'm reading that right he/she is saying that we will have people sacked/fines / etc while Essendon keep humming along with no penalties.

If you believe in this present board so much maybe you should put your name up Stuie. Like serious...get involved mate. Be good to have a few grass root genuine supporters on the board. This present board (and most before them) seem so far removed from what it is they're actually there for and the FD/game itself, need some real footy people there other than just poor old Greg

You're not totally understanding me. I'm not saying the current board are great, but I'm sick of 'Land being full of people who just whinge and whinge and don't do anything about it. They act all superior and almost gloat when the club is struggling, acting like it's so easy to run an AFL club, yet none of them offer to do it seeing it's so easy. I do what I can to help the club, but I'm not a prominent business person or even a former AFL player/coach so I don't have much to offer in that way, but it sounds like there's a plethora of eligible people here the way they talk about others and rate their own opinions.

• Like 1

Just something of more immediate concern : do we have a club doctor as of NOW? As of Sunday's game?

• Like 1

so has Bates stood aside with the chance to be reinstated when/if all is given the all clear or has he been sacked or did he resign?

all 3 options have been reported and im not sure which one it is

so has Bates stood aside with the chance to be reinstated when/if all is given the all clear or has he been sacked or did he resign?

all 3 options have been reported and im not sure which one it is

From the clubs statement:

THE MELBOURNE Football Club today accepted an offer by Club doctor Dan Bates to stand aside, effective immediately, pending the outcome of an investigation by ASADA and the AFL into a pre-season supplements program at the Club.

I'm an advocate of this as a concept but honestly how do people even get voted onto the board? I just assumed its all a little bit who knows who. It certainly looks that way when you look at our current group of insurance folks.

If a club ever needed some grassroots authenticity it's us.

• Like 2

What about Brian 'Doc 'Roet?

He's also written some helpful books he could bring with him

• Hypnosis: a gateway to better health (1986)
  • All in the mind?: think yourself better (1987, 1994, 1996)
  • A safer place to cry (1989)
  • Personal therapy: how to change your life for the better (1996)
  • The confidence to be yourself: how to boost your self-esteem (1998)
  • Understanding hypnosis: a practical guide to the health-giving benefits of hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis (2000)
  • Positive health: a practical guide to improving your wellbeing (2001)
  • Feelings: exploring your inner emotions (2003)

looks like it will be Dr Who - he's a volunteer

Just something of more immediate concern : do we have a club doctor as of NOW? As of Sunday's game?

Just an afterthought. The club is so dysfunctional at the moment that I am concerned they may think it a good idea to call up Dr Phillip Nitschke or Dr Jayant Patel ;-(((

• Like 2

I'm an advocate of this as a concept but honestly how do people even get voted onto the board? I just assumed its all a little bit who knows who. It certainly looks that way when you look at our current group of insurance folks.

I agree I have thought of putting my hand up but seriously you have to have either been an afl former player, be a highly paid business person who earns over $1M or own a business that returns this or know someone already on the board.

It seems to me it is all about profile and putting an AFL club on your CV instead of being all about the right thing to do for the club and its supporters.

Seriously - a few demonlanders with their heart in the right place couldn't do worse than what these top flight business people have done to our club at the moment.....

I am Dee Spondant....

Haha this club is f*^#%d!! Big time. Just fold Mfc put us out of our misery.

Bugger off coward

• Like 1

Time to start again. Football dept is gone, Neeld, Craig, Mahoney and anyone else (McLardy) who knew will not survive the wrath of Vlad. The AFL will do the clean out the board could never do and it will all be done in 1 fell swoop

Massive heart for using "one fell swoop" correctly. First time I've ever seen it written on a forum and not thought that the op was worried about an attack by chickens...

• Like 4

These statements are becoming so frequent we should have an "MFC Statement of the Day" thread stickied at the top of the board..

I think posting these statements is a positive, we are on the front foot, although it should have been done a few months back it certainly seems a more professional and calculated response rather than fumbling our way through a press conference as we saw with the Cam Schwab resignation.

Maybe we have got something to hide, because if we didn't have anything to hide, Bate would've admitted to his dealings with Dank in FEB.

The fact that he never admitted to dealing with Dank, to me, suggests that maybe he is hiding something.

but he had to admit it given it was in the media with text supplied by Dank...

yes we maybe have something to hide but the fact he admitted it doesn't prove it.