Well, time to start the game day thread seeing that there's 12 hours to go and the big news is that Paul Roos likes us.

Why Melbourne can turn it around sooner than you think, writes Paul Roos

This is his best team with a question mark next to some who he asks whether they would be consistent AFL performers ... and there are a few blanks.

MELBOURNE

B: Frawley Garland ...

HB: Grimes McDonald ...

C: Blease? Jones Watts

HF:Sylvia Dawes Hogan

F: Clark Howe ...

R:Jamar? Trengove Viney

I/C: Fitzpatrick? ... ... ...

Only 10 of that list playing today. Is it enough to avoid the humiliation of a defeat at Skoda?

We are Paying $9 with TAB for a 39 and over point win!

Im onto it!

Last time we played them i had $100 on it @ $3.70 and thanks to a 12 goal quarter i just got it!

i was always confident ;)

In all seriousness i think we will win today, after been so flat last week, and the Giants playing out of their skins V Collingwood, Dawes OUT hurts us, its time that J.Howe takes a game by the balls and kicks a bag, instead of taking a screamer and thinking thats good enough, he has been very poor this year, he is not having any significant imact on games its time Howey, Its timne mate!

Will not look good if they put the usual [censored] weak effort in. Surely they should be bouncing of the walls to get out there to try and make amends for last weeks sh1thouse effort that has become the norm this year.

Edited by Srjennings

If the players put in another performance similar to last week I will seriously not bother watching the team again this year. As much as people do not want to blame a hard slog at Geelong followed by a trip to Darwin for last weeks performance I think it's an important factor.

Frawley is a big out but thankfully Garland is back. Dawes no great loss on recent form.

I reckon we'll sneak over the line by a couple of goals.

I reckon we're going to go out there and belt them by ten goals, we have been playing some decent footy, last week we can probably write off to North Being flat track bullies and us being weary from darwin, we pushed Sydney and Brisbane, were okay against Geelong, Toumpas and Viney improving every week, Ftiz is a marvel, if we put the north game aside i think we should certainly be favourites and we should win this easy.

Predicting a big game from Jeremy Howe and Col Sylvia 25plus touches for col and 4 plus goals for howe.

• Like 2

Even though we got absolutely bummed last week I think it's not the same feel as under Neeld. The lads no doubt want the season over but we'll bounce back today I think and do them pretty easily.

I hope anyway.

If get thrashed today it shows to me that the players have officially put the cue in the rack for 13' (not that it was really off the rack at any stage)

You mean this team actually has a cue somewhere?

Last time I saw them use something that resembled a cue was 2006

• Like 1

Well, time to start the game day thread seeing that there's 12 hours to go and the big news is that Paul Roos likes us.

This is his best team with a question mark next to some who he asks whether they would be consistent AFL performers ... and there are a few blanks.

MELBOURNE

Only 10 of that list playing today. Is it enough to avoid the humiliation of a defeat at Skoda?

Interesting to see he has Grimes as a a HB and Watts on the wing.

I have to agree with him and don't think Grimes will ever be a great mid (but serviceable) and Watts will be a great wingman when he puts on a bit more weight and is better at pack marks.

Surprised we haven't even tried Grimes in the back line since putting him in the midfield but then again our midfield needs all the help it can get and our back line is fairly strong.

I just find myself loving every word that comes out of Roos mouth.

I have to agree with him and don't think Grimes will ever be a great mid (but serviceable) and Watts will be a great wingman when he puts on a bit more weight and is better at pack marks.

Surprised we haven't even tried Grimes in the back line since putting him in the midfield but then again our midfield needs all the help it can get and our back line is fairly strong.

Hahaha when you look at our last two coaches it's really not surprising.

Hahaha when you look at our last two coaches it's really not surprising.

Yer I have considered getting the recordings of Baileys and Neelds press conferences and listening in bed to help me get to sleep.

MELBOURNE

I'm not sure the article actually says that this is his team. There's nothing in what he's written that explains any of the choices made. Which makes me wonder whether the so called team was put together by someone else.

In fact, the article says nothing much at all.

I'm not sure the article actually says that this is his team. There's nothing in what he's written that explains any of the choices made. Which makes me wonder whether the so called team was put together by someone else.

In fact, the article says nothing much at all.

????

"SCROLL DOWN TO SEE PAUL ROOS' BEST MELBOURNE TEAM"

"FILL IN THE BLANKS: PAUL ROOS' MELBOURNE TEAM FOR ROUND 1 NEXT YEAR"

Craig has to get a win here and I reckon we'll see a much more decisive and direct outfit today. We've got more than a few playing today who's career's are on the line and for any of those players that don't play well today, that would probably be it. Or if they want to kiss their careers away, continue to play from behind and spectate.

Hopefully Craig has reminded them of that so we should at least be suitably motivated. Fear of failure should always be a huge factor and you'd reckon with Craig's experience, he'd be letting our players know what is at stake here.

We need to start well and attack straight down the middle of the ground. To go wide against a team that hasn't won a game would be farcical. Hopefully the whole club has learnt a lesson from the last 3 weeks.

Time to step it up. Losing today is totally unacceptable.

• Like 2