The Split - AFL Endorsed Ticket or The Stockdale Ticket

rpfc

AFL Endorsed Ticket or Stockdale Ticket?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's the Bible.

This is the De-frocked Saint James Bible Revised,By Jobe.

not bad !!! lol

2nd glass of Red....

Fifth.
  • Like 2

Laphroig. Every day of the week.

Right down to the belly.

I'm feeling like a Neanderthal in terms of Scotch knowledge. Let the research begin.

Laphroig. Every day of the week.

Right down to the belly.

Islay RB.

Not my favourite, too earthy for me .

But it has been know to roll around the tongue and slid past where my tonsils once resided.

Points in favour of Stockdale:

- He's an immensely well-connected and successful individual

- He has vast experience in politics and dealing with big business.

- He brings with him others with similar clout and acumen.

Points against:

- His age

- He wants to bring in Andrew Lezala, and look how badly the trains are managed.

- He may place the AFL bailout in jeopardy.

In all honestly, he has a hell of a lot more punch than Bartlett. We're talking a middleweight up against a heavyweight here. Bartlett has less experience and is less qualified. It's also pretty much a given that he is not as well-connected. The biggest point in his favour in this discussion is that he is apparently the one the AFL want, which may indicate a willingness to play ball with AFL house that Stockdale does not display.

Personally, I think the best result here would be a reversal of the AFL proposal. They suggested Stockdale be VP under Bartlett. Given their respective resumes I would think we would all be better served with Bartlett as VP under Stockdale. If we could get an AFL-approved board looking like that we would be starting things off pretty well.

Bartlett has played AFL and worked in the AFL industry as WAFL playwr association lawyer I believe.

You say Stockdale is more qualified on the basis of his business and political background, but in terms of football industry it's the other way round.

I won't do it now but we should line the two up against the criteria in the Trotter report and see who comes out ahead.

• Like 2

Points in favour of Stockdale:

- He's an immensely well-connected and successful individual

- He has vast experience in politics and dealing with big business.

- He brings with him others with similar clout and acumen.

Points against:

- His age

- He wants to bring in Andrew Lezala, and look how badly the trains are managed.

- He may place the AFL bailout in jeopardy.

In all honestly, he has a hell of a lot more punch than Bartlett. We're talking a middleweight up against a heavyweight here. Bartlett has less experience and is less qualified. It's also pretty much a given that he is not as well-connected. The biggest point in his favour in this discussion is that he is apparently the one the AFL want, which may indicate a willingness to play ball with AFL house that Stockdale does not display.

Personally, I think the best result here would be a reversal of the AFL proposal. They suggested Stockdale be VP under Bartlett. Given their respective resumes I would think we would all be better served with Bartlett as VP under Stockdale. If we could get an AFL-approved board looking like that we would be starting things off pretty well.

Good Post .

It all makes sense if it was written in 1993.

Sadly ,it's 20 years later than that and Stockdale is too old.

Nobody wants him here or anywhere else, as with Kennett.

I figured out why politicians get such huge pensions .

They become more hated as time goes on and they cant get a job anywhere after they have left office.

I would rather have someone who uses their own teeth at the Presidents Lunches.

• Like 1

I heard on SEN this morning that AS is opening a web site today for people to communicate with him on the MFC Presidency.

I cannot wait, he will not like my comments but Politicians have the skin of a Rhino so probably won't worry him.

What they do respond to is large numbers of people disagreeing with them.

So if you don't want him tell him so

The alternative is wake up one morning with him as the President of the MFC.

• Like 2

I heard on SEN this morning that AS is opening a web site today for people to communicate with him on the MFC Presidency.

I cannot wait, he will not like my comments but Politicians have the skin of a Rhino so probably won't worry him.

What they do respond to is large numbers of people disagreeing with them.

So if you don't want him tell him so

The alternative is wake up one morning with him as the President of the MFC.

Do you know what the web address is 'old dee'? He will certainly get my feelings the pompous a...

one of the melb matters team - not sure whether to laugh or cry

Andrew Lezala

Andrew Lezala is the CEO of Metro Trains Melbourne, the company that runs the Melbourne metropolitan rail network and services. Andrew has a great enthusiasm and passion for Melbourne, the city, and the Demons. Andrew has spent his working life committing organisations to excellence and building a positive culture right through organisations. Working with often inadequate resources, he and his management team are changing the culture and improving the performance of trains in Melbourne. Andrew is a proven successful agent of positive change.