Post Match Discussion

Demonland

When has Trengove played like a captain should?

What a Joke. Robbie Flower was a Captain as was David Neitz.

You're the joke tonight WYL.

• Like 1

I know some people on here need to have a whipping boy, but the criticism of Trengove is becoming ridiculous. He once again topped the team for tackles, had 20 disposals and is one of the few players on our list I trust with the ball. Believe it or not there are plenty of players in other sides who aren't that quick as well. Pace isn't everything. If it was Luke Ball would never have played.

I'm also thrilled with Fitzy. Three early and then played out the game on one leg. Even when he's outpositioned he generally gets the ball to ground as well, and his pace and tackling are a standout for someone that big.

Viney is AWESOME.

Good to see Byrnes and Davey have better games as well.

All in all it's about the result I expected, and I'm pretty happy with some of our boys tonight.

• Like 9

and the Watts dropped chest mark!!! Shudders.

Was at a crutial time and Byrnes hit him on the chest 35m out!

And the lose defending by Dunn to let Lisle get the first goal!

Plenty of simple small errors.

also the byrnes miss from the set shot, Wattsy shuld have just kicked it from 50 instead of passing it

• Like 1

I would have thought Dawes would be more worthy than Trengove of this weeks demonland hanging? 500k a year and he was shown up bigtime by fitz today, granted he has played some good games this year for us and his leadership has been impressive but we are paying him alot of money so he really should be showing abit more touch.

Despite what a few here think.

Paying Dawes alot of money was never gonna turn him into Wayne Carey.

Edited by My TD

Considering we lost one of our best players and were a rotation down for the last 40 minutes of the game, I thought it was a really gutsy effort,

A number of players willed themselves to contests in the last quarter - something they never did under the inept one (I can't type or say his name as it makes me vomit).

I want a win as much as anyone, but tonight was not worth the vitriol that I have read on here tonight.

Some of you should hang your heads in shame!

• Like 4

you would swear we lost by 100 reading this

if Garland had not got hurt we would have won that and you would all be singing a completely different song

never mind we had 50 entries i50 and won the clearances, and that with the second qtr aside we kicked 10 goals to 8

wouldnt have minded mitch clark at the end of those 50 entries either

kent, clisby, fitzy, viney, blease all these kids were pretty good

davey and byrnes their best games for the year

Thing is if we won the clearances (which surprises me) and still lost despite a bottom six worthy team having Brown and Black out, well that says that a loss is unacceptable. I'd usually be saying, yeah, look our midfield is rubbish and that killed us. If we're winning the clearances that is disappointing to lose to such a lowly side. With each week that passes I'm more assured that Craig will not be coaching us next year.

We had a plan, but our turn overs simply kill us. We did play a lot of dumb footy too. Turning into traffic instead of out. Not enough risk taking when turning defence into attack. If we can get someone to stamp those errors out over a pre season (I'm not convinced Craig is the man), then we'll be a five to ten goal better team.

I'll tell you what though. Fitzy is exciting, as is Viney. The latter made a few errors out there too, but he just knows where to go to win the footy. He also knows how to win a freekick too. We haven't had one of those for a while. A couple of our guys had absolute stinkers though. Absolute stinkers, but I won't name names here.

Number 2 picks since 2001:

Luke Ball

Daniel Wells

Andrew Walker

Jarred Roughhead

Daisy Thomas

Scott Gumbleton

Trent Cotchin

Nic Nat

Trengove

Harley Bennell

Stephen Conniglio

Jonathan ORourke

Too soon to tell on the last 2 but with the possible exception of Gumbleton I'd say JT looks way out of his league. I don't think the frustration is with his effort. The frustration is with his potential to have an impact with skill or speed that matches anyone on that list.

He looks to be going backwards.

Looks very similar to Luke Ball in his last couple of seasons at the Saints, suffering a similar injury I would think. Get it right and he gets the power back in his game, he's working hard but nothing is coming easy for him at the moment.

• Like 2

I like that Watts has had a run in the ruck over the last few weeks. It's a good move from Craig and really gets him into contested situations where he has to use his body against bigger and stronger opponents, particularly at boundary throw ins. Good for development.

Trengove's only good assets are his ability to get to the ball in stoppage scenarios and tackle, besides that he is basically a liability. He was disappointing and careless (despite all the tackles) and could learn a lot from Viney's attack on the ball.

Meanwhile, Davey was quite inspiring, as was Blease tonight. Viney's attack was stunning. Howe was also good, and Fitzpatrick's pressure inside 50 was great after his injugry/quiet spell. Interesting to see Watts in the ruck, but I think it was long overdue to see that tested. 21 possessions and 10 marks was a great result.

I'm a bit unsure about Clisby, Terlich and Dunn all in defence. Just think we could benefit from making a change there.

No, he didn't have the worst game ever and I do love the bloke as he bleeds Red & Blue but for me Nathan Jones (especially in the first half) was tagged out of the game.

Correct me if i'm wrong but he rarely gets a tag as he is not a hugely damaging player but he had one tonight and struggled big time.

I'd be surprised if it happens every week but when it does, I'll be watching to see how he handles it.

Trengove I will judge after a full pre season which he has not had at all. Last month has been decent and we all know he has talent but I miss his ability to play taller than his height like he did in year one. Not happening anymore but I think the injury may have had a say in that.

He gives his all so let's cut him some slack until at least next year when he's on the track for the whole pre season...

So many seem incapable of simple observations.

Its all well and good to give ones all, and we would be better if ALL did. Some do and still haven't the impact needed .

But point this out and we are crucifying them.

No ; just calling a spade a spade.

Mediocrity still alive and well.

The best thing about his game was that we tried hard all day. We were still in the game towards the end. Losing Garland was huge blow and may have cost us a couple of goals. Once again our disposal was poor. Too many turnovers cost us. I was disapointed with the ball entering the forward line after quarter time. The ball hardly went to Fitzy's direction who was the real danger. Several times the ball went way over his head to another contest.

As for Trengove. Tried extremely hard but way off AFL pace. If his name was Magner or Couch he would not be playing. They seem to try just as hard. What is worrying is that he has not got better or worse in nearly two seasons. His lack of pace has the air of permanance.

Still a lot to be positive. There seems to be a will about the players now that they want to cast off the defeatism of the past five years.

Garland was great but he cost us at least goal before he went off with a bad kick and a soft free paid against.

Byrnes was reasonable but is not going to be the answer for us long term which means he is arresting development for others.

We carried Toumpas all night.

There is scope for improvement.

Shouldn't be captain, that's painfully obvious, but 20 touches again and 12 tackles, made a few mistakes so i'd say he was okay today

His few mistakes cost us 3 goals in my count He makes a lot of mistakes!

again he is not playing well enough

If he is injured as most on he seem to think then dont play him

Trenners is busting his arse which is all I ask of every player who takes the field. But, although it has been covered on here thoroughly, he has lost a yard of pace and kicking penetration. It's not his fault but we need to hope Misson and co sort it out and he can become the player we know he can. I'm not going go berate and belittle him about it though.