POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Agree with an earlier post about the commentating, patronising garbage from 'Everywhere' and that dope Dawain. The commentators were going on about how good the drafting for Geelong has been seeing they only get lower picks.....didn't mention the numerous father son picks they got previously.

Thought the same.

Other interesting thing with the Cats and recruiting is that Bill McMaster is still involved, having people like Bill in your network has got to help. It makes sense like a lot of things they do.

I love Aaron Davey and really want him to have a quality year or two to finish his career, and I don't expect him to carve games like today's up, but some of his 'attempted' tackles were nothing short of embarrassing. I can almost handle 18 and 19 year olds like Toumpas and Kent getting brushed aside, but when a 29(?) year old continuously throws out a lazy soft arm to attempt a tackle, I shake my head.

I love Aaron Davey and really want him to have a quality year or two to finish his career, and I don't expect him to carve games like today's up, but some of his 'attempted' tackles were nothing short of embarrassing. I can almost handle 18 and 19 year olds like Toumpas and Kent getting brushed aside, but when a 29(?) year old continuously throws out a lazy soft arm to attempt a tackle, I shake my head.

A year or 2, you must be joking, he was finished 2 years ago, another one that sucked the salary cap dry and gave nothing in return.

• Like 2

And I know the Magner thing has been done to death, but surely as soon as the rain looks like falling he should have been straight down to Skilled to get a game. If ever there was any doubt he is finished at the MFC, being overlooked today was surely it.

• Like 3

And I know the Magner thing has been done to death, but surely as soon as the rain looks like falling he should have been straight down to Skilled to get a game. If ever there was any doubt he is finished at the MFC, being overlooked today was surely it.

Magner isn't allowed to play. He was elevated for Grimes. Now that Jack is back Magner is out of the picture.

After today I think this season should be his last. I've loved him as a player but he puts in efforts like today far too often.

A year or 2, you must be joking, he was finished 2 years ago, another one that sucked the salary cap dry and gave nothing in return.

Pretty much what I am saying not in so many words. Want him to finish on a high but he has been pretty woeful for a couple of years now and it doesn't look to be getting any better.

Magner isn't allowed to play. He was elevated for Grimes. Now that Jack is back Magner is out of the picture.

Didn't want to be one of those guys that overlooks the rookie list dilemma, but there you go, done hook line and sinker, completely forgot. Time for less bourbon in my mixes.

Edited by Forest Demon
  • Like 1

Caught behind all day, forward and back, absolutely unforgivable in wet conditions.

Lost count of the number of times a quick kick fell short into a Geelong player's arms, standing 5 + metres in front of their Melbourne opponents.

This. Surely even if the players didn't catch on that that was happening, you'd think it might be worth a mention by Neil Craig and his men.

• Like 2

Last week people disagreed with me when I said that the stats flattered us greatly, and that the inside 50, possession and key stats would suggest we weren't much more competitive than under Neeld.

This week, I reckon we had almost exactly the same output as last week, and we broke the all time low for I50's and scored 30. Some will say we lost better than we did under Neeld. I say we just lost different.

Last week people disagreed with me when I said that the stats flattered us greatly, and that the inside 50, possession and key stats would suggest we weren't much more competitive than under Neeld.

This week, I reckon we had almost exactly the same output as last week, and we broke the all time low for I50's and scored 30. Some will say we lost better than we did under Neeld. I say we just lost different.

103 tackles compared to less than half of that in most Neeld losses. These types of losses, where we're gunning for the win but end up the worse side on the day, aren't unhealthy losses.

• Like 2

We are much more competitive under Craig.

But we still dont have a midfield.

• Like 1

and I know Trengove isnt setting the world on fire but thats three straight 20+ possession games for him

Cant remember the last time he did that

We knew the second he suffered the stress fracture this pre season we could almost write this year off in terms of break out potential, I have absolute confidence that he is going to be a very good player for us

21 touches and 5 tackles today in such a tough game for every one of our players is a pretty solid return

there are far more players worth worrying about in my opinion than trenners.

and I know Trengove isnt setting the world on fire but thats three straight 20+ possession games for him

Cant remember the last time he did that

He still isn't a captain's hip pocket as far as on-field leadership. I see no desperate acts. No clutch goals. I do see alot of meandering around and usually being second to the ball.

Injuries or not, he's nowhere near the player we need him to be, which is A grade. Not yet anyway.

1. physically we are way behind the top teams.

2. we do not spread quick enough.

3. we have yet to have any football nous in where to kick to a player on the lead.

4. players with the ball do not look up straight away to see whats on up the field before they dispose of it.

5. players still run on mass to a player instead of looking to see who is loose.

6. DUNN should never take the kick ins he is to damm slow and waits till the opponents are covered before he kicks it.

Overall at least they kept trying.

How many games have we played in those conditions? That's right - none.

Geelong have played their last 3 in these conditions, and are the best wet weather team in the comp.

They had bigger bodies and a lot more experience.

They knew that the ball would always fall short and so were ready for it.

We put in, tried hard and tackled (things virtually unseen under the inept one) - a valuable learning experience for a light and inexperienced team.

Disappointing but expected.

• Like 2