Changes v Sydney Swans

dees189227

Im not overly convinced Grimes will be cherry for this weekend . Maybe he ought to go via Casey

Dont care if he is a capt. Cross that line i want a 100%

Edited by belzebub59

Mitch Clark is back running ^^

Anyone who says he won't play, same as Egans etc. Complete and utter shite. Nothing like Egans at all. Just a matter of letting the foot settle without the screw holding the lisfranc in place before putting to much pressure on it.

Edited by The Yarra
  • Like 3

Anyone who says he won't play, same as Egans etc. Complete and utter shite. Nothing like Egans at all. Just a matter of letting the foot settle without the screw holding the lisfranc in place before putting to much pressure on it.

Thank god.....fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

I see Clark in the future in a three way rotation , forward pocket, Ruck, and rest on the bench with Gawny and Fitzy.

Mainly because of our forward riches, with Hogan at full forward, Dawes at CHF and Watts and Howe on the flanks.

This. They will be monitoring the irritation he gets with increasing weight bearing, and given that this season is effectively about next year, erring heavily on the side of caution. The last thing they want is a chronic irritation. In respect to the stability of the Lisfranc repair, that's not in question. It's about not getting into an ongoing synovitis, which is an inflammatory irritation of the joint and surrounding capsule.
  • Like 4

Thanks for the info TY

But was "Complete and utter shite " necessary?

This. They will be monitoring the irritation he gets with increasing weight bearing, and given that this season is effectively about next year, erring heavily on the side of caution. The last thing they want is a chronic irritation. In respect to the stability of the Lisfranc repair, that's not in question. It's about not getting into an ongoing synovitis, which is an inflammatory irritation of the joint and surrounding capsule.

Thanks Webber

I am still nervous, keep my fingers crossed till 2014 rolls around.

MFC web site/s only comment on Clark is Indefinate.

This looks strange to me there has been nothing said now for some time.

The longer this goes on the more worried I get .

It does not look good to me.

I already smell nothing more in 2013.

2014 ???????????????

So far a dozen games in two year not his fault but low value for money at present.

Has anyone heard anything?

Remember we went through this with Col Garland and never thought he'd play again I think it just takes time, heaps of it.

Remember we went through this with Col Garland and never thought he'd play again I think it just takes time, heaps of it.

Correct I had forgotten that, it was well over a year I think.

And look at him now.

You have brightened my night Robbie

• Like 1

I wouldnt thought there would be any ommisions, so that would leave only Blease out, if he doesnt get up.

Our backs look pretty settled, so Then you bring in another small foward, which makesTapscott the obvious choice to play.

Are you in the field, Webber?

What's the treatment for the synovitis?

I'm going to believe this like it's the truth, whether it is or not.

Thanks Doc!

Thanks for the info TY

But was "Complete and utter shite " necessary?

Quite right od, it's verging on the tautological.

Too much of that 'round here.

Didn't hear back from Mitch Clark on Twitter, but Matt Burgan put a piece on Melbourne website, know he follows me on Twitter, I think Clark will be ok, if he can get it right before the start of next pre season, think that is more important than seeing him again this year

People are gunna be annoyed with me here but I say leave Grimes out.(Sorry not a fan at all of Grimesy)

IMO he's far to injury prone and doesnt do enough for a captain IMO.

The sooner they take both captaincys off Trenners and Grimes and hand them to Mitch Clark and Chunk Jones respectively the better.

No offence to either boys but they both dont do captaincy justice at MFC IMO.Just being honest.

Keep giving Nicholson a go he has talent and speed.Leave Mckenzie out also as he's a spud.

Magner looks ripped and ready to go every game but I Fear he's not up to it speed wise also...is this why he's not getting a gig? Or is he not on the official list?

The modern game is built on pace which he doesnt have unfortunately, but I love Magners grunt. Maybe we can turn him into a Beamer at best!

Edited by Tapscott Tough

Didn't hear back from Mitch Clark on Twitter, but Matt Burgan put a piece on Melbourne website, know he follows me on Twitter, I think Clark will be ok, if he can get it right before the start of next pre season, think that is more important than seeing him again this year

Me too Saty

FB: Clisby Frawley Garland

HB: Grimes McDonald Terlich

C: M. Jones Jones Toumpas

HF: Sylvia Dawes Howe

FF: Watts Fitzy Davey

Foll: Gawn Rodan Nicholson

Int: Trengove Byrnes Kent

S: Strauss

Out: Dunn, Blease

In: Grimes, Strauss

Please rest Trengove he needs time off to recover fully

People are gunna be annoyed with me here but I say leave Grimes out.(Sorry not a fan at all of Grimesy)

IMO he's far to injury prone and doesnt do enough for a captain IMO.

The sooner they take both captaincys off Trenners and Grimes and hand them to Mitch Clark and Chunk Jones respectively the better.

No offence to either boys but they both dont do captaincy justice at MFC IMO.Just being honest.

Keep giving Nicholson a go he has talent and speed.Leave Mckenzie out also as he's a spud.

Magner looks ripped and ready to go every game but I Fear he's not up to it speed wise also...is this why he's not getting a gig? Or is he not on the official list?

The modern game is built on pace which he doesnt have unfortunately, but I love Magners grunt. Maybe we can turn him into a Beamer at best!

Makes sense...and how many games has Mitch played.

I going. To make a bold, I have just came back from. The 07/072013, the dees beat sydney. By 6 points

As a matter of interest, what did this say before you edited it?

I'm guessing you're making a "bold prediction" that Melbourne will beat Sydney this weekend by 6 points. But what does the "I have just come back from" mean?

• Like 1

Are you in the field, Webber?What's the treatment for the synovitis?

Am a physiotherapist, and have seen lots of Lisfranc injuries over many years, to footballers largely. The treatment is just graduated progression, with anti-inflammatory support. Not corticosteroids though......there lies a slippery slope. MC is back running, and for all the right reasons, his fitness for next season is much more important than this.

Just on the Egan comparison, there really isn't one. He fractured the navicular bone in his foot, essentially the cornerstone of the arch. This is not rare, but is a risky fracture IF the bone develops "avascular necrosis", which is death through loss of blood supply. This ends careers because there is no structural integrity to the arch for heavier weightbearing. It turns to mush. It's cruel and somewhat random. MC's injury bore no effect on the navicular, so there is NO risk to him as it relates to Egan's. There are good diaggramatic pics re: Lisfranc via normal online search.

• Like 2