Jobe took banned drug

jnrmac

bb59, I think you're conflicted. If Essendon lose points this year before the final series, Carlton may end up in the eight by default. How will you cope with that?

Edit: typo

I have always maintained I want them to lose ALL point NEXT year. Not this. They wont win anything thi syear. They are already fading. That and the added weight of guilt ought to be enough to keep them in their place :)

Carlton won't sneak in.

No conflict :)

• Like 2

I have always maintained I want them to lose ALL point NEXT year. Not this. They wont win anything thi syear. They are already fading. That and the added weight of guilt ought to be enough to keep them in their place :)

Carlton won't sneak in.

How about having them win the Prelim this year, only to have the player bans enforced as of the Monday of GF week? Then they could play for no points next season if they can manage to field a side..

Carlton won't sneak in.

I understand your position. I suspect smarter Essendon supporters (and club administrators) would be hoping that if points are to be deducted it's for this year not next. Surely they realise that they're not good enough to win the flag in 2013.

• Like 1

I understand your position. I suspect smarter Essendon supporters (and club administrators) would be hoping that if points are to be deducted it's for this year not next. Surely they realise that they're not good enough to win the flag in 2013.

If by some weird twist of fate they were to win the flag this year, they would be stripped of the title anyway... that coupled with the loss of points next year, would be the most satisfying outcome imaginable.

on a slightly different note - from the AFL:

Penalties not discussed: Finnis

AFL PLAYERS Association boss Matt Finnis says he has been given no indication that Essendon players will receive infraction notices as he prepares to meet with the Bombers on Thursday.

The AFLPA lawyers have read ASADA's interim report into Essendon's 2012 supplements program and will answer questions from the Dons' playing group at Windy Hill.

Finnis, who is yet to read the 400-page report, said he was encouraged that ASADA investigators had recognised "culpability at the end of the day must lie with those who are most responsible".

However, he could not guarantee players would escape without individual sanctions.

"I've got no information before me that would suggest that is going to happen, but clearly ASADA have labelled the report as interim, so I don't think we can rule that out," he said.

"That's unfortunate, but it's the reality.

"Now that the players' lawyers have seen a copy of the report, I'm sure the players will have some interesting questions for their lawyers in relation to where things go from here.

"Clearly it's an opportunity for us to provide an update to the Essendon players on the events of the last couple of weeks."

Finnis said he had not heard whether charges were going to be laid against Essendon as a club this week, and he was confident the AFL would not "pre-judge" the case before all parties had put their case forward.

He said any individual penalties that didn't recognise the faith Essendon players put in their doctors and high performance coaches could cause the public to lose faith in the system.

"Players do accept responsibility under the WADA code for the role that they play in ensuring that performance is clean," he said.

"But we've also got to recognise that players put enormous trust and faith in people who are going to have expertise in governing their supplements program.

"From the moment players come into the game, they're told to follow the directions of their club, the medical officers.

"Our players have done that. So I think any system that fails to recognise that in the way in which you respond to the situation, I think will lose public confidence."

Nathan Schmook is a reporter for AFL Media. Follow him on Twitter @AFL_Nathan

http://www.afl.com.a...iscussed-finnis

[censored] is getting real at Windy Hill as we speak. Massive afternoon coming up.

Is that where their Drug Den is?

Geez, that is informative.

Elaborate?

Apparently theres this Hill somewhere and its getting very Windy....or something :wacko:

• Like 1

ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Good luck trying to find some of those..

Some one saw Roos on a flight to Essendon airport at 3:25 am this morning?

Yep it was a DC 4 flying low - the same one they used to get to Wangaratta for a NAB cup game.....

• Like 1

[censored] is getting real at Windy Hill as we speak. Massive afternoon coming up.

Geez, that is informative.

Elaborate?

its been discovered Essendon players have been using tape to cover edges of cricket bats, to fool the DRS hotspot system

caro Wilson uncovered the plot after leaked information came out of AFL by non other than greg MO Mathews

the players tried to hide this crime by starting false rumours of peptides and AOD being used at Essendon , but caro didn't fall for that old trick ,she sniffed out the story of the cricket bats as only a good journo would\

CONGRATS CARO and everyone at AFL house

The main problem i have with all this is.... Regardless of the the penalty.... The have effectively boosted their player development, with drugs.... They are ahead of where they would be, had they not used drugs.... They may get all their points stripped this year.... But next year they are still going to be a head of where they would have been without drugs..... They have cheated! And they need to feel the full strength of the law on this....

• Like 4

The investigation might not have come up with anything against the players other than circumstantial evidence of the use of prohibited substances but this hasn't prevented the AFLPA from being concerned at the way Essendon implemented its supplements programme - Essendon drugs probe: AFLPAs fury at Bombers.

It's interesting that Albert Haddad's name is now coming up. I rather fancy the idea of him interrogating Hird and others at Bomberland in the heavy handed way he went after people at Melbourne in the "tanking inquisition". A taste of bamboo under the fingernails and waterboarding might well bring to light some more information and possibly that might be shared with the public via leaks to the media and others. Amazing what might come out if that were to occur.

• Like 2

To check on the latest Essendon drug news i occasionally look at Bomberblitz (its also good for a laugh - some many delusional people in one cyber spot).

Just had a squiz and their server is down. Perhaps some news has leaked and out and all the bomberblitz fans jumping on the site to check it out have crashed it (joking btw, lest some techno nerd feels the need to point out how much traffic would be required to crash a site etc etc)

Edit: just noticed a tweet by Robinson saying 'meeting at Windy Hill tonight. Armageddon looming' so perhaps my joke might have a grain of truth?

Edited by binman
  • Like 1

The main problem i have with all this is.... Regardless of the the penalty.... The have effectively boosted their player development, with drugs.... They are ahead of where they would be, had they not used drugs.... They may get all their points stripped this year.... But next year they are still going to be a head of where they would have been without drugs..... They have cheated! And they need to feel the full strength of the law on this....

Not sure about that. I have no doubt they intended to boost their player development but I'm not yet convinced that anything taken (legal or not) has actually been proven to improve performance or player development.

Not sure about that. I have no doubt they intended to boost their player development but I'm not yet convinced that anything taken (legal or not) has actually been proven to improve performance or player development.

If it helps them heal even a day quicker, thats a day quicker they can get back to training. It may not directly improve performance, but it hastens the process of improvement and development. Besides taking a fat loss substance (even if it doesnt work) indirectly effects performance enhancement because it allows you to eat more without the food converting to fat... Things dont have to directly relate to performance enhancement to be performance enhancers.

If it helps them heal even a day quicker, thats a day quicker they can get back to training. It may not directly improve performance, but it hastens the process of improvement and development. Besides taking a fat loss substance (even if it doesnt work) indirectly effects performance enhancement because it allows you to eat more without the food converting to fat... Things dont have to directly relate to performance enhancement to be performance enhancers.

Exactly right-they cheated and they must pay the piper.

Hird should cop a long ban or the AFL chief should quit.

Experimenting with compounds is naughtier than experimenting with dud players.

• Like 1

Exactly right-they cheated and they must pay the piper.

Hird should cop a long ban or the AFL chief should quit.

Experimenting with compounds is naughtier than experimenting with dud players.

The MFC has a PHD in that vlast one Biff.

I agree with you. My point, though, is that I'm not sure anyone knows whether the stuff the players took actually does anything at all.

To check on the latest Essendon drug news i occasionally look at Bomberblitz (its also good for a laugh - some many delusional people in one cyber spot).

Just had a squiz and their server is down. Perhaps some news has leaked and out and all the bomberblitz fans jumping on the site to check it out have crashed it (joking btw, lest some techno nerd feels the need to point out how much traffic would be required to crash a site etc etc)

Edit: just noticed a tweet by Robinson saying 'meeting at Windy Hill tonight. Armageddon looming' so perhaps my joke might have a grain of truth?

Great....Web Meltdown...:)