Training - Friday 21st June, 2013

Satyriconhome

I arrived about 9.30 to have a look at the Casey squad train, and the midfield group was out on the ground already doing walkthroughs with Craig, Royal and Greaves

The Casey group was just warming up and then they trained, one noticeable thing, Hogan bouncing around like a caged animal

Jack Viney was doing laps under the supervision of one of the fitness staff (see below for more)

The main group started to train at 10am sharing the field with the Casey group

Main emphasis today seemed to moving the ball, at the end of session both groups joined in this drill type

Some points

Jack Grimes was off on the other field doing some training including hitting the tackle bag, asked him at the end and he said he will be back in full training next week

Jack Viney got thrown off the training track for being out there too long, I spoke to him afterwards and he confirmed that was what happened, he is putting on some serious size and admitted doing heaps of weight training whilst off his feet, told him he would get thrown out of that as well for doing too much, of course said he already had, he reckons he is about 2 weeks away

Chip Frawley did the whole session, didn't look inconvenienced at all, asked him why he wasm't playing, said the Physio said no for this week

Jordie McKenzie is a week away, hyperextended his elbow, had a strange looking brace on it

Joel Macdonald was doing laps, looks a week away as well

Jack Trengove said that the last couple of games before the bye were when he felt he was back at full match fiitness after his foot injury, freshened up with the bye and is ready to go

Mitch Cliisby is excited to be 'living the dream', wants to just play his role as well as he can

Tom Couch left the session early, seemed to have a bit of stiff back or hammy

Tried to engage Josh Mahoney in a conversation but seemed to have his Football Manager face on, just hoping for a good showing and a week without a headline in the paper

Craig took a few players asisde one on one during the session, saw him speak to Couch, Gillies, at the end of the session he kept back Toumpas, Nathan Jones, Watts and Trengove to have a chat, in the middle of the ground, so couldn't hear a thing

I asked a few players about how they felt and they all gave the same answer as Col Garlland in his presser this morning on the Club website

Bit shocked at what happened to Neeld

All had a good relationship with him (contrary to reports)

They have to support the decision and move on

Felt partially responsible for what happened

Absolutely no idea and are frustrated by why they can't take the training track form onto the field during games

Looking now to giving Craig the support and having a real crack to try and prove everybody wrong

Any questions I will try and answer

• Like 20

Thanks for that Reports always welcome by those of us who cant get there.

Any noticeable differences between how the team was listed versus how they lined up in the training drills? I'm hoping that Watts is actually going to go into the forward line and Sylvia in the middle, which is the opposite of what the team submission says.

Thanks for the report S

As u said the players are:

Looking now to giving Craig the support and having a real crack to try and prove everybody wrong

Thats sounds ominous

Hopefully we can walk the walk instead of just talking the talk for a change.

Edited by DemonOX

Let's get one thing straight, the players will not can Neeld even now that he's gone so I doubt we'll ever find out the truth on that (except when Moloney is involved).

Interesting that Garlo said in his presser about Craig engages the group with his stature, and the look in his eyes etc... Never once heard a player say that about Neeld.

Anyway, I digress.

Cheers for the report Saty... Always appreciated.

• Like 2

Let's get one thing straight, the players will not can Neeld even now that he's gone so I doubt we'll ever find out the truth on that (except when Moloney is involved).

Interesting that Garlo said in his presser about Craig engages the group with his stature, and the look in his eyes etc... Never once heard a player say that about Neeld.

Anyway, I digress.

Cheers for the report Saty... Always appreciated.

I only put those comments because a couple of posters asked me to ask, there are a couple of players I can rely on to be blunt and truthful with me, so I don't necessarily agree with what you have said,

I think that because the coach has to deal with 40 odd personalities his method can occasionaly go wrong, I am paraphrasing what the players said, so yes not everybody in the squad 'loved' Neeld, but then again I don't think Craig will have everybody on side either.....it doesn't happen

Exactly. No-one should take any notice of a players remark that they're disappointed to see him go and that they got on fine. What would you say if you were asked by a random ?

And they may well have "got on fine". It doesn't change the fact that they didn't play for him and he couldn't coach.

• Like 2

Exactly. No-one should take any notice of a players remark that they're disappointed to see him go and that they got on fine. What would you say if you were asked by a random ?

And they may well have "got on fine". It doesn't change the fact that they didn't play for him and he couldn't coach.

This is a training thread, can we leave the Neeld bashing aside, look forward to tomorrow, they players have moved on, can we

• Like 4

Thanks for the info Satyriconhome.

The following line I find amazing

"Bit shocked at what happened to Neeld"

They must have been the only ones in Victoria!

Also how long did they think they could keep getting beaten every week by10+ goals before something happened.

Oh well life goes on I guess

Thanks for the info Satyriconhome.

The following line I find amazing

"Bit shocked at what happened to Neeld"

They must have been the only ones in Victoria!

Also how long did they think they could keep getting beaten every week by10+ goals before something happened.

Oh well life goes on I guess

To answer your question because I think it stays on topic, is contrary to what is reported or believed, most had bought in to the Neeld plan for development, and they had 'survived' for want of a better word to the bye, for the Club to then act I think 'shocked' them, as I said above I genuinely believe a lot of them have no idea why they fall to bits on game day, it isn't/wasn't the game plan, it wasn't Neeld's coaching etc etc

To answer your question because I think it stays on topic, is contrary to what is reported or believed, most had bought in to the Neeld plan for development, and they had 'survived' for want of a better word to the bye, for the Club to then act I think 'shocked' them, as I said above I genuinely believe a lot of them have no idea why they fall to bits on game day, it isn't/wasn't the game plan, it wasn't Neeld's coaching etc etc

I was not trying to derail the thread Sat. just surprised at the comment.

I am sure you know my thoughts on their ability.

IMO the reason they cannot take the training track to game day is they are not good enough.

On game day things get serious and you play people with better skills than you have.

Thanks for the report Sat

further to all above was there intensity with the training?

You mentioned walk thrus? It seems there is difficulty in translating training to playing, intensity has been mentioned again and again. Are we training at speed and under pressure?

Unlike OD I reckon there is skill there but it is limited. Not every player can be good on both feet or fast with their hands but they all have some skill and it is releasing that in combination that makes the team IE if a player is good on delivering off his right hand it is better to be there than running on his left unless you are particularly skilled at reacting to an error. These things come under greater scrutiny in match conditions and under intense pressure which can be replicated at training

physical presence can be intimidating and induce pressure, this can be a feature of training without causing injury

Thanks for the report Sat

further to all above was there intensity with the training?

You mentioned walk thrus? It seems there is difficulty in translating training to playing, intensity has been mentioned again and again. Are we training at speed and under pressure?

Unlike OD I reckon there is skill there but it is limited. Not every player can be good on both feet or fast with their hands but they all have some skill and it is releasing that in combination that makes the team IE if a player is good on delivering off his right hand it is better to be there than running on his left unless you are particularly skilled at reacting to an error. These things come under greater scrutiny in match conditions and under intense pressure which can be replicated at training

physical presence can be intimidating and induce pressure, this can be a feature of training without causing injury

I look forward to seeing some of it in the next two games dpositive skill I.e.

Was he ashen faced?

now that you mention it he sure did

they highlighted (and commented on) him standing back and away from the huddle when craig was addressing players, then showed him looking glum and commenting on the shock of neeld leaving

typical cut and paste piece from the media trying to make something out of probably nothing