MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION

Demonland

I love this team ..

Its clearly a running side.

Love Watts as Ruck rover and Sylvia full forward , with Trengove in the centre.

I love this team ..

Its clearly a running side.

Love Watts as Ruck rover and Sylvia full forward , with Trengove in the centre.

96% of the time they don't start in the their positions where they have been named.

Why the hell is Spencer in the team ahead of Gawn?

They are awful selections.

I think its obvious that Spencer is a no 1 ruck type and Gawn is the ruck / forward.

Im a fan of Gawn and like what he as shown, but he has shown that up forward, not in the ruck.

He would struggle in the centre bounce against McEvoy. Gawns time will come, he just needs more bulk.

But for now you need to go with Spencer.

• Like 2

96% of the time they don't start in the their positions where they have been named.

I know, but im hoping they do.

Also look at the four crumbers in Byrnes Rodan, Davey and Blease.

Great to see Watts named on the ball.

Hope he plays there.

That was the surprise of the team selection. Thinking outside the square.

Be interesting to watch.

Why are you in love with Tapscott?

I doubt he has justified his selection in one game so far this season.

Besides the odd bump what has he contributed and what does he offer?

Tapscott has been poor and rightly deserves to be dropped. its disapointing that his form as been ordinary.

• Like 4

Spencer is in the team because, other than Jamar, he's the only ruckman who can play that position all game. McEvoy runs all day and is nearly as slow as Jake. Gawn & Fitz would conk out pretty quickly. It's either Spencer and Gawn or Spencer and Fitzpatrick. I'd prefer big Gawny but presume they're giving Fitzspud at extended run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicho in the negating role. At least he has some speed, unlike Haggis McPlodder.

On the subject of speed - the ins all seem to have a bit of toe (other than Spencer) - a welcome sight as St Kilda aint quick.

a REALLY interesting side. I like it. Blease, Clisby and a few change ups make it definitely worth watching to see. I agree that although I like tappscott he has had a poor season with minimal impact.

• Like 2

Spencer is in the team because, other than Jamar, he's the only ruckman who can play that position all game. McEvoy runs all day and is nearly as slow as Jake. Gawn & Fitz would conk out pretty quickly. It's either Spencer and Gawn or Spencer and Fitzpatrick. I'd prefer big Gawny but presume they're giving Fitzspud at extended run.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Nicho in the negating role. At least he has some speed, unlike Haggis McPlodder.

On the subject of speed - the ins all seem to have a bit of toe (other than Spencer) - a welcome sight as St Kilda aint quick.

well Spencer is quicker than Jamar and Fitzy quicker than Gawn so you might be on to something!

Speed kills. It might just be us not them who kills us!

It was a misty night in early September, 2006 when Melbourne last beat St. Kilda before 67,528 people who came to the MCG for an elimination final. The rain began to fall as half time began and those hearts that beat true for the Demons were downcast as their team, in arrears by 20 points (it could have been worse had they not scored the last goal of the second quarter), trudged slowly into the rooms. It would take a champion effort to turn things around.

I was there that night and it cement my utter hatred for the saints and their fans. At quarter time three yobby supporters with face paint and a skin full got in my face and screamed go sainters - one then sprayed beer all over my pants. I was sober and with an old bloke so I let it fly - three quarter time and at the end of the game sadly they were no where to be seen so I didn't get to return the favour.

I don't think its such a bad side - different but I want to see different. I think the basic idea is to change it up and see what these blokes have got for the rest of the season. I just have this nagging feeling we are half a chance and I have no idea why...

• Like 2

well buggered if you do and buggered if you don't , I like , and yeah I reckon we are in with a show , fmd there are some experts in here

I like Watts in the middle, this is where we should develop him as the Goddard type player. Goddard's not a big clearance machine but he is a go to man with his kicking and he can drift forward and back. Watts has a similar skill set, let him settle there and see what he can do.

Interesting side... when I see Spencer included I wanna rip my hair out but I guess we don't really have another option right now, can't really throw Gawn to the wolves as first ruck.

Hopefully Watts plays at least a bit where he was named, bit of size in the middle will really help out if he can use it.

• Like 1

I don't think its such a bad side - different but I want to see different. I think the basic idea is to change it up and see what these blokes have got for the rest of the season. I just have this nagging feeling we are half a chance and I have no idea why...

I get that feeling most weeks, it's called delusion. But this week it might not be!

• Like 1

just watched QB qtr1 again, it's pretty exciting really, 4 quarters like that and we take it up to most sides, no doubt. Trengove, Watts, Toumpas and Blease wre all fantastic, as was Dawes. We were missing Grimes, Clark, Frawley. I really think it is possible for us to turn things around very quickly. I cannot wait to see them Saturday. It would be handy to not have so many injured: Jamar, McKenzie, Evans, Clark, Grimes, Frawley, Viney, MacDonald

sportsbet is paying 7.00 for us if you don't mind

Edited by Curry & Beer
  • Like 1

Jamar - (lack of) toe.

mcKenzie - (needs an) elbow (to the head to improve disposal).

I hope Cragie gave the following instructions:

"Run, Forrest, run"

" from defence, don't kick to the open wing unless there is someone there"

49 m is "inside 50", but the hot spot is 15m out, straight in front.

Play like you may not be on the list next year, because.....

Love watts in the middle, but would play him on the wing. Fitzy and Howe in forward 50, Dawsey lead-up.

Hoping we can stick it to the aints.

• Like 1

I think Spencer might surprise a few on here; he is aggressive, and quite quick for a big guy, his biggest problem is he lacks strength and gets pushed out the way easily.

His problems are many. The 15 minutes it takes for him to get the ball to his boot is a fair problem. The fact he struggles to touch the ball away from a ruck contest is another problem. And if he does touch it he's a liability. Someone please end the experiment.

• Like 2

His problems are many. The 15 minutes it takes for him to get the ball to his boot is a fair problem. The fact he struggles to touch the ball away from a ruck contest is another problem. And if he does touch it he's a liability. Someone please end the experiment.

yeh hasn't he now been on our list for 6 years, i know ruckmen take time but geez....

I think Spencer might surprise a few on here; he is aggressive, and quite quick for a big guy, his biggest problem is he lacks strength and gets pushed out the way easily.

I know what would fix that, lets say about 6 AFL preseasons including a whole year out with a knee injury where he could've done some serious work in the gym.

In fact I believe Spencer is one of our strongest in the gym makes me think that he doesn't have a clue how to translate it to games. Which is just another one of his poor traits.

• Like 1

Lot of interest in the game for us, down a fair few players and certainly missing a large chunk of our best 22. Will be keen to see the effort the boys bring for four quarters, whether they play with more freedom and take the game on a bit more.

Good luck to Clisby in his debut and lets see some fire in the belly Dees!

• Like 3