WELCOME TO DEMONLAND - PAUL ROOS

timmyo64

Makes the Paddle Pops look a bit stupid now doesn't it.

Sack a favourite son on a whim.

We ll that depends on if Roos defiantly Doz not coach there or who they get. Maybe they have tapped up say Clarkson which would be a better appointment (his was just a hypothetical, I know Clarko is contracted)

We spoke to Eade this last week, and Mark Williams the week before.

I'll be very happy with either, but I'm more concerned with the support we out around them.

We need capable experienced assistants, with preferably a standout that could conceivably be a successor in 3-5 years.

For some reason, I think Eade would be more accepting of this possibility, but both would be resistant to it.

And I'm fine with that, but it may be an impediment to bringing in someone like Adam Simpson or Scott Burns, since they are close to being ready for a senior gig.

If it were Hayes, Black or Ling, I think it would work.

• Like 2

There's more in it for sure, I don't think they'd be so unproffesional to sack him on a whim.

We won't know for sure whether Roos is coaching or not until appointments are made. I'd expect Lions will be into talks with Eade and Choco too, or maybe have locked away someone like Laidley or Mark Harvey.

There's more in it for sure, I don't think they'd be so unproffesional to sack him on a whim.

We won't know for sure whether Roos is coaching or not until appointments are made. I'd expect Lions will be into talks with Eade and Choco too, or maybe have locked away someone like Laidley or Mark Harvey.

you would hope so. The supporters are filthy.

Ridiculous comment - on a whim. He has had 5 yrs They decided they were not going to renew his contract. So they told him and asked if he wanted to coach out the rest of the year. he declined.

I actually think they handled it well given its is never an easy or pleasant thing to do particularly given he is a club legend.

The other thing that was impressive is that no-one had an idea. I wish our club was as sound as that, We have leaked like a sieve.

Ridiculous comment - on a whim. He has had 5 yrs They decided they were not going to renew his contract. So they told him and asked if he wanted to coach out the rest of the year. he declined.

I actually think they handled it well given its is never an easy or pleasant thing to do particularly given he is a club legend.

The other thing that was impressive is that no-one had an idea. I wish our club was as sound as that, We have leaked like a sieve.

Nothing wrong sacking him but it couldn't have been handled any worse.
  • Like 1

Paul Roos is a great bloke, i think alot of people would have taken the money and screwed the club over.

Now that he is out of the race we need to use the money on a coaching dreamteam

Coach: Mark Williams

Senior Assistant: Adam Simpson

Backs: Nathan Bassett

Mids: Michael Voss

Forwards: Jonothan Brown ( Assuming he retires )

Head of player development: Cameron Ling

It may have been the right decision, but their handling of it was appalling.

• Like 4

It may have been the right decision, but their handling of it was appalling.

Agreed. What's wrong with 'not renewing his contract' when the season's over, rather than sacking him with three rounds to go?

I can only conclude they thought they could beat Melbourne to Paul Roos.

• Like 1

Agreed. What's wrong with 'not renewing his contract' when the season's over, rather than sacking him with three rounds to go?

precisely.

oops !!!

Perhaps Carlton won't be such an attractive destination for young Jack Watts after all ...

Mick Malthouse to get Neeld?

Prendergast is there too is he not.

Get him Royal and the spoon is theirs.

• Like 2

Why not instead conclude that they wanted to get in early to beat us & Essendon to whichever of Roos, Eade, Williams etc they could? Don't see why everyone ties it to Roos only.

Mick Malthouse to get Neeld?

Prendergast is there too is he not.

Get him Royal and the spoon is theirs.

maybe all this is another Carlton set up.... Like the kruezer cup, where our coach at the time ended up at the blues at years end....

Lots of talk about Adam Simpson coming to Dees to be senior assistant and groomed for top job similar to the Sheedy / Cameron set up at GWS.

Correct.

Matthew Lloyd on 3AW just reported that according to his 'Melbourne intellect' (whatever that may be) Neil Craig will get two years and Simpson will join the Club next year as senior assistant with a transition process in place.

• Like 1

gee i hope this is Bulltish! Another half arsed, wishy washy coaching appointment, All these rave reviews of Simpson. Remember how highly the Pies midfield, including Pendlbury , rated Neeld? This is bollocks Melbourne. Get a premiership winning coach. someone who will command an audience with these players. when Eade or Choco lead, players follow. I cant believe this rumour can be true. Craig is alright but the players badly need the club to draw a line under the Neeld era and put in pllace a coach who can look can look them in the eye and say Fellas , ive been there and i know what it takes. Lets go!

Edited by Munga
  • Like 4