Peter Jackson CEO

dee-luded

Peter Jackson CEO  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh my G....How did he get it so wrong after talking of all the above....SERIOUSLY...How???

Possible reason could be Drugs, Alcohol, Lack of understand of what the big words actual mean, A Collingwood plant ,Incompetent people, Lack of experience/skill or Mental Illness.

I have no idea what went wrong or why it failed in such a big way.

The MFC seemed to attract alot of well intebtioned people with little actual skills or experience who made so many bad decisions.

People say that CS loved the Club which may or may not be true. All I can say to that statement I would have hate to see what he would of done if he hated us?

It is true TBF, he wouldn't have turned up to training in mfc colours after he'd been sacked if he didn't love the club.

He did a terrible job but he had been a Melbourne man most of his life and would love our club to prosper.

If anything that may have been the problem - so emotionally invested in success he didn't trust others to do their jobs right?

• Like 1

It is true TBF, he wouldn't have turned up to training in mfc colours after he'd been sacked if he didn't love the club.

He did a terrible job but he had been a Melbourne man most of his life and would love our club to prosper.

If anything that may have been the problem - so emotionally invested in success he didn't trust others to do their jobs right?

He still claimed the payout he didnt deserve, the guys a crumb, let him go love another club.

He had a 3 month pay out clause in his contract, did he claim more than that?

Given he had a contact (deserved or not) and was sacked suddenly (ie did not have another job to move into) why would you expect him to refuse to accept this money? That's pretty unrealistic...

Edited by deanox
  • Like 1

I think you are letting him off the hook here 'deanox', it was more likely he thought he understood the football side of things much more than he actually did. His opinion of his ability was nowhere near his actual capability. In other words he had no idea and a big ego.

I think you are letting him off the hook here 'deanox', it was more likely he thought he understood the football side of things much more than he actually did. His opinion of his ability was nowhere near his actual capability. In other words he had no idea and a big ego.

I don't disagree with that either rjay, it is a fair assessment.

But I do disagree with anyone saying he didn't care about the club or that he isn't a Melbourne person, and I don't think he should be personally derided although I have no problems with critiquing his performance. Same goes for all Melbourne people, administrators supporters and players past and present. Except Tom Scully and Chris Judd because they lied to the club.

• Like 2

No faith in anything anymore except the promise of death one cold grey day.

What point is there?

It's all a vain struggle against the inevitable .

Hope this Stoic reality provides you all with some solace .

Oh, right in the heart.

Sorry just saw this.

No faith in anything anymore except the promise of death one cold grey day.

What point is there?

It's all a vain struggle against the inevitable .

Hope this Stoic reality provides you all with some solace .

Quick someone fill up his glass as he hates it when its half empty

I vomited in the first sentence when he mentions 'high performance with high integrity'

jesus christ

Sounding very much like Krudd #2 (which by the way =Krudd#1)

But I do disagree with anyone saying he didn't care about the club or that he isn't a Melbourne person, and I don't think he should be personally derided although I have no problems with critiquing his performance. Same goes for all Melbourne people, administrators supporters and players past and present. Except Tom Scully and Chris Judd because they lied to the club.

How did Judd lie to the club , he toured the facilities and declined, Judd owed us nothing and never lead us on , it was 2007 build a bridge you basket case.

How did Judd lie to the club , he toured the facilities and declined, Judd owed us nothing and never lead us on , it was 2007 build a bridge you basket case.

I 'll tell you and this is from a Carlton Board member.

Judd was signed to Carlton mid year and he then went through a ruse of naming three other clubs that he would look at and consider. They were never considered at all. He did this so as to throw the Weagles off the idea that he was nobbled by Carlton mid year, while still playing for them. This may have led them to refuse to deal with Carlton.

Judd got to know Richard Pratt very well before becoming a Blue.

The lie was publicly exposed when after looking at the Pies' Lexus centre, Judd said he preferred Carlton because of their facilities. At that stage they were worse than the Junction oval.

Judd lied to every AFL fan and the media, to cover his Carlton deal.

• Like 3

Judd was signed to Carlton mid year and he then went through a ruse of naming three other clubs that he would look at and consider. They were never considered at all. He did this so as to throw the Weagles off the idea that he was nobbled by Carlton mid year, while still playing for them. This may have led them to refuse to deal with Carlton.

The lie was publicly exposed when after looking at the Pies' Lexus centre, Judd said he preferred Carlton because of their facilities. At that stage they were worse than the Junction oval.

How many times did Melbourne interview him?

Judd, a Melbourne supporter before his playing days, had the chance to join our club and help us rise up the ladder. He told us he was interested in playing with us and used us as part of his ruse to line his pockets.

It is different than the Scully situation but if he ever had love of our club it became worth nothing when he pulled that stunt.

I didn't denigrate him or carry on, I just included him in my list of people who should never be welcome at our club.

I'm not sure why that qualifies you to insult me?

Judd is better off at Cantwin as we only want players who show effort with integrity.

He always seemed a little immature to me e.g. the pressure point stunt.

How many times did Melbourne interview him?

I thought as much.

Who cares.

He moved to Carlton 6 years ago and is now past his prime; would be on the same list as Silvia, Jamar, and Dunn.

Anyway Melbourne wouldnt have been able to afford him... no way we could have got him to care so much about the environment as Visy did.

Judd, a Melbourne supporter before his playing days, had the chance to join our club and help us rise up the ladder. He told us he was interested in playing with us and used us as part of his ruse to line his pockets.

It is different than the Scully situation but if he ever had love of our club it became worth nothing when he pulled that stunt.

I didn't denigrate him or carry on, I just included him in my list of people who should never be welcome at our club.

I'm not sure why that qualifies you to insult me?

I agree with Redleg's version. While Judd's management clearly wanted to paint a picture that there was more than one club he could consider going to, and therefore meet with more than one, I don't believe the MFC was "used".

I know Paul Connors, who told me at the time, the main reason they were prepared to meet with Melbourne was his respect for Craig Cameron. I believe Judd met Bailey once and was impressed. When I asked Jake (Connors) whether Melbourne was a realistic chance he said, "no". I don't believe Melbourne was ever led down the garden path, but I also have no doubt that Carlton was always the intended destination.

Judd having a soft spot for Melbourne growing up had no influence in him meeting Melbourne. It was Connors driving the meeting, which in part was our position in the preseason draft and, as stated, his respect for CAC.

Honestly Ben. If he'd been snagged mid year anything subsequent is decoration.

Also known as a sham.

Same board member who told me three weeks before the Kreuzer Cup that Fev would be shipped off for surgery because Carlton couldn't afford to win any more games that year?

Told me they were after Kreuzer and an even "bigger fish".