Brent Moloney

Theo

Can someone please tell me why Brent Moloney left the club?. Leigh Mathews during the commentary was intruiged by the fact that he was best and fairest in 2011 and is now at Brisbane. Please please tell me because Brent was a die hard dees supporter and is now at Brisbane.

This team is doing my head in when I see Sam Mayes and Ollie Wines carving up the oppossition. We are 10 years behind the best and going further behind. No one is going to want to play for this club in the future. It is becomoing a joke and an embarassment to wear the red and blue.

Mark Neeld blunders:

Jamar 3 years

McKenzie 3 years

Gillies, Rodan & Pederson when we could have used these picks in the draft.

Neeld has no idea and is in survival mode. His positive attitude to losses makes me pu'ck.

The recruitment compared to other clubs is second rate even though we have picked up some gems in Howe, Hogan and Viney. Where to from here.........?

• Like 1

It must be because Neeld is an idiot.

Or the dozens of other reasons that have been discussed to death on here, like waving the white flag last year, sulking, only being any good against rubbish sides (how shocking that he killed us), being a poor cultural influence etc.

Nah, must be that first thing.

By the way, I don't reckon forgoing Pedersen, Gilles and Rodan would have been quite sufficient to land Mayes or Wines.

• Like 6

Moloney is no longer with us because he chose to leave. I think that's pretty simple. If you want to know why, ask him. I would suggest that the rumours on this topic are at best only part of the reality, and that only Beamer and those close to him know the whole reason for him deciding to leave.

• Like 1

Whatever the reason we the financial member and lifelong supporter has been duped shafted whatever you wish to call it.

Thank Christ Peter Jackson starts this week.

The MFC has been spinning out of control since Jimma was diagnosed.

MN showed how much he rated Moloney by basically putting noone old him. (Which I for one think was a pisspoor decision).

Moloney does what he does best...tears crap sides like us a new one, and goes missing against the good ones.

• Like 1

The issue is not why Moloney was let go, the issue is that we have not replaced him with an equally hard body who can win the contested ball. All this has done is put more pressure on Nathan "one man midfield" Jones.

Moloney is no longer with us because he chose to leave. I think that's pretty simple. If you want to know why, ask him. I would suggest that the rumours on this topic are at best only part of the reality, and that only Beamer and those close to him know the whole reason for him deciding to leave.

Why in gods name would you let a midfeilder walk out your door & replace him with a 29yo spud Rhodan?

Moloney had his issuesbut was passionate about the MFC,..Neeld has barbequed him as this guy guy cannot manage his players

By the way Mclean had 29 touches also..... another midfielder gone!

Edited by dees64
  • Like 2

The issue is not why Moloney was let go, the issue is that we have not replaced him with an equally hard body who can win the contested ball. All this has done is put more pressure on Nathan "one man midfield" Jones.

Who would you have replaced him with?

Who would you have replaced him with?

Perhaps we shouldn't have been so quick to throw him out if there was no suitable replacement?

I understand the cultural arguments for getting rid of him, but on game day we now have just one genuine inside mid who is getting tagged to within an inch of his life. It's not smart list management.

It also makes no sense that we kept Magner on the rookie list. He is no world beater but he can get the contested ball. We just need someone to temporarily help Jones while Viney and M Jones develop physically.

• Like 1

Perhaps we shouldn't have been so quick to throw him out if there was no suitable replacement?

I understand the cultural arguments for getting rid of him, but on game day we now have just one genuine inside mid who is getting tagged to within an inch of his life. It's not smart list management.

It also makes no sense that we kept Magner on the rookie list. He is no world beater but he can get the contested ball. We just need someone to temporarily help Jones while Viney and M Jones develop physically.

Got it. You're just angry.

Got it. You're just angry.

No I'm not angry, I'm disillusioned.

We made some odd recruiting choices in the off season and it has done nothing to improve our very weak midfield.

Like I said, I don't care that we got rid of Moloney, I care that we haven't found a way to cover his loss. Like we still haven't found a way to cover the loss of McLean. The reality is, we haven't had a decent midfield since early 2000s, which is a disgrace when you consider the amount of early picks we've had. But that's not all on Neeld, it's a long legacy of [censored] recruiting and [censored] trading and [censored] development.

• Like 2

We talk about replacing Moloney's big body in the midfield...we had a guy out there today with a big body, who can influence the contest when he feels like it and is a far more talented player than Moloney. His issues are essentially the same as the former's though. It's between the ears. His name is Colin Sylvia.

MN showed how much he rated Moloney by basically putting noone old him. (Which I for one think was a pisspoor decision).

Another Demonland myth, unsupported by the facts:

""We sent a few players to Brent but couldn’t stop him."

Why in gods name would you let a midfeilder walk out your door & replace him with a 29yo spud Rhodan?

Moloney had his issuesbut was passionate about the MFC,..Neeld has barbequed him as this guy guy cannot manage his players

By the way Mclean had 29 touches also..... another midfielder gone!

Neeld let McLean go?

Makes you wonder where this form was last year from moloney

Moloney always dominated against rubbish sides, struggled against good teams. MFC = shite therefore Beamer dominated. It was always on the cards.

• Like 1

Leaving Magner on the rookie list, our strongest and hardest bodied player, knowing that Moloney was gone rates, for me, as one of the stupidest decisions by Neeld

No wonder we get smashed in there every week.

• Like 1

You have a better suggestion than to keep playing the elite A-grade quality players we have out on the park at the moment? The guy is killing it in the magoos and i seem to remember he was pretty good in the centre before Neeld put him at half forward last year