INJURY LIST - ROUND 5 - aka the Dave Misson Appreciation thread

What

We desperately need a long term injury to get Magner on the playing list. I think he is must option for the mid field for matches coming up. He and jordie are needed to stem the carnage when we face the top sides. I don't want Mitch to be the out please.

I'm so sick of hearing about "subluxations" and "contusions".

What's wrong with the more widely-known "dislocations" and "bruises"?

The subluxation is a partial dislocation, out a bit then back in again. It's not the full monty.

With Clark and Dawes possibly both coming back through the VFL at the same time, and Hogan thumping along at Casey too...

Best 2s level forward line ever?

I say we shave his hair and tan him up and try to pass Hogan as Dawes for this week.

They'll never know, and if they find out, lets just say we had 'never formally employed or had direct contact with the beautician who undertook this makeover'. It'll be fine.

• Like 6

you know Larkins works with the bulldogs and essendon doctor and the former Melbourne doctor.

And you know a lisfranc is a mid foot fracture dislocation and clark has a midfoot strain. It's like the compare the market and compare the meerkat ad. Simples

Larkins' credibility took a bit of a nosedive when he declared two years ago that Tom Scully's knee injury was potentially career threatening and one which would severely restrict him for the remainder of his time in the game. On what I saw last Sunday that doesn't appear to be the case but of course, I'm not a medico.

Perhaps we should be asking Dr. Turf who seems just as qualified and a Demon fan as well.

I'm so sick of hearing about "subluxations" and "contusions".

What's wrong with the more widely-known "dislocations" and "bruises"?

Mainly because a subluxation ain't a dislocation. It is just a little bit of a one.

The subluxation is a partial dislocation, out a bit then back in again. It's not the full monty.

Nonetheless, it would be nice not to have to whip out the dictionary every time a person does an injury report.

• Like 2

Re Stark, saw him at Windy Hill last week, he is over his injury just gave him the week off playing, then back at full tilt training, he explained.....young guy, rookie, still building him, no rush......alwyas on the side of caution.....Barry was the same.........why we only have 2 on the injury list

I hate to cast a cloud over a generally positive thread (that's my bitter half) but does it not worry anyone that, despite one of the best injury free starts to a season ( and therefore fielding almost best sides) that we have copped three massive floggings?

Only you by the looks of it, follow the Club mantra, it will take time and the last place you will see the improvement is on the field.....this is a post about Misson and how his bit seems to be working

With Clark and Dawes possibly both coming back through the VFL at the same time, and Hogan thumping along at Casey too...

Best 2s level forward line ever?

If that is the case for the first time ever I will choose watching Casey over Melbourne

I hate to cast a cloud over a generally positive thread (that's my bitter half) but does it not worry anyone that, despite one of the best injury free starts to a season ( and therefore fielding almost best sides) that we have copped three massive floggings?

Worries me Bbo

Expect a fairly strong Casey side to take on Williamstown this weekend Dawes earmarked for VFL return

Defenders Joel Macdonald, Lynden Dunn and Tom Gillies were also set to resume for Casey this weekend.

“They’ve all come through their respective rehabs and they’ll definitely play in the VFL this week,” Misson said.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.