Changes vs Brisbane

What

On a serious note, D's played well with Clarke of because we finally got some run and given Brisbane are quick I think Mckenzie to tag Rich, Blease for pace and Strauss so Jack can go up forward with Jetta, Viney and Clarke missing

• Like 5

One certain out wih Nev Jetta copping 2 weeks at the tribunal.

In - McKenzie, Rodan, Fitzpatrick

Out - Jetta (susp), Viney (rest/quad), Clark (ankle).

Who would you guys bring in?

McKenzie, Strauss probably Sellar if Clark misses maybe another small (Blease) with Big Max already in. Not sure the big Fitz is ready yet.

On a serious note, D's played well with Clarke of because we finally got some run and given Brisbane are quick I think Mckenzie to tag Rich, Blease for pace and Strauss so Jack can go up forward with Jetta, Viney and Clarke missing

Looks like the best options Older D.

However swapping Mckenzie for Viney is like trading in your Merc for a Chery.

But The options are probably low.

• Like 1

I thought the same OD, that Gawn played deeper than Clarke had, & we had another running player after late in the game which helped our surge.

It was the tonic to kickstart us

• Like 2

JACK WATTS MUST PLAY FORWARD THIS WEEK!

IT'S TIME DAMMIT! IT'S TIME!

tumblr_lwf8uaoPCB1qbrfrz.gif

played his better game from what i saw against the wc gorillas in 2011 and that was forward.mitch clark deciding to go back at desperate stage to settle things was just what was needed . very happy with it all.

Terlich Frawley Garland

Watts T Mcdonald Strauss

Trengrove Jones Evans

Howe Pederson Sylvia

Byrnes Gawn Fitzpatrick

Jamar Grimes Mckenzie

Bail, Tapscott M Jones Sub Davey

Out Clark,Jetta,Viney

In Mckenzie,Fitzpatrick,Strauss

Garland Frawley Terlich

Dunn McDonald Strauss

Trengove MJones Grimes

Sylvia Watts Howe

Byrnes Gawn Pederson

Jamar, Jones, McKenzie

IC. Evans, Bail, Tapscott

Sub: Davey

In; Dunn, Strauss, McKenzie

Out: Jetta, Clark, Viney

• Like 1

Outs: Jetta, Viney & Clark

Ins: McKenzie, Blease & J MacDonald

It's hard trying to pick players to come in. Would like to see Taggert, Tynan & Kent get a run at some stage but unsure how they've been travelling in the reserves.

I'd also put Sylvia in the centre, Watts up forward next to Gawn/Jamar/Pedersen and Blease on a forward flank. I'd put J Mac on the back flank to replace Watts.

Jamar doesn really fit as he is too one dimensional but with Clark out and Spencer/Fitzpatrick not offering much more as a second ruck at this stage I'd keep Jamar as the no. 1 ruck and Gawn as his back-up.

I'd like them to set up as

B: Garland Frawley Terlich

HB: MacDonald McDonald Grimes

C: Evans Sylvia M. Jones

HF: Byrnes Howe Blease

F: Davey Gawn Watts

R: Jamar N. Jones Trengove

I/C: Pedersen Bail McKenzie

Sub: Tapscott

Dunn should be right by now so:

Out: Clark, Jetta and Viney (if injured or needs rest)

IN: Dunn, Mckenzie and Strauss or Spencer (probably to many talls but he deserves a chance)

I think a few have forgotten how hand Dunn is.

Would like to have Blease come in but I think he is in a similar boat as Watts and needs to show consistent good form at Casey (3-4 weeks)

Would also like to see Kent come in but according to reports his form on the weekend does not warrant it (and can't let one sided players in the team now - no defense).

Edited by Young Dee

Out: Jetta, Clark, Viney

In: McKenzie, Rodan, Kent

There's no obvious replacement for Clark. Dawes isn't ready, Fitzpatrick isn't good enough, Sellar doesn't deserve his spot back. Let Pedersen and Gawn/Jamar do the bulk of the big forward work.

Rodan and McKenzie fill in for Jetta and Viney. Kent gets a game due to his VFL form.

Round 4: Melbourne team v giants
B: Jack Watts, James Frawley, Dean Terlich
HB: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland
C: Jack Trengove, Jack Grimes, Jack Viney
HF: Aaron Davey, Mitch Clark, Jeremy Howe
F: Luke Tapscott, Max Gawn, Shannon Byrnes
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones
I/C (from): Jimmy Toumpas, Cam Pedersen, James Sellar, Michael Evans, Jake Spencer, Rohan Bail, Matt Jones
IN: Jake Spencer, Jack Watts, Max Gawn

Round 5 possibilities: Out: Under the pump: Injured:

B: Jack Watts, James Frawley, Dean Terlich
HB: Neville Jetta, Tom McDonald, Colin Garland
C: Jack Trengove, Jack Grimes, Jack Viney
HF: Aaron Davey, Mitch Clark, Jeremy Howe
F: Luke Tapscott, Max Gawn, Shannon Byrnes
FOLL: Mark Jamar, Colin Sylvia, Nathan Jones

I think there could be as many as 4 changes, but I think they'll try to settle the side, so I can see 2 certain, & maybe 3 changes...

Potentials from the last weeks: Cam Pedersen, Michael Evans, Rohan Bail, Matt Jones,,,, > Jimmy Toumpas, James Sellar, Jake Spencer, & add: McKenzie, Strauss, Dawes, Rodan, Blease, Kent,

IMO, we need to be Not too tall up in the heat... so I'd keep the rucks the same, IF Dawes comes straight in, he'd be my replacement for Clarke.

I'd have Pedro deep, or watts may go forward in the greasy conditions. Myself I'm on record that I think Watts should be at Casey for a month, but I'm trying to anticipate what the selectors will do.

I'd like to see McKenzie come straight in to the Mids, as this team is light on for tenacity, hardness, experience, & physical strength... McKenzie for Viney

the Half-Backline needs fortifying with a decent midsized flanker. Dunn has been out for weeks, so this should see Strauss get his deserved shot.

thats 2 ins: or 3 if Dawes comes in...

Bit harsh I know, but I'd be willing to give Strauss a go over him, and he hasn't impressed me too much yet

Terlich does all of the hard stuff that strauss doesnt!

If Clark & Dawes both miss, then Watts can play CHF, and strauss can take the distributor role on the HBF

• Like 1