Come on Neeldy prove the masses wrong

Soidee

Disagree. I believe Neeld got unlucky with us. He would've made a very good senior appointment at those clubs. Perhaps that says more about our culture and the way MFC is run, especially the board and senior managers, and then there was the playing list he inherited. Bitter pill to swallow for all of us. But to say that someone else would have got us better at round 2, 2013 as the clubs whose coaches you mention is delusional.

I would agree - you can blame the current coach but the problems stem way, way back. Sanderson or Scotts would be in the same position as Neeld. Atleast he has taken steps to improve training and fitness. It is just going to take a bit longer to get the players to play the way he wants. I'd stick with neeld.
  • Like 3

Oh, nice.

Bit of circle work, some handball drills, run throughs, then a few beers :)

Well we've got Redleg running for President/Chairman (got my vote)

Coach - pantaloons

CEO - Biffen or stuie

You and I can take care of the barrels for the pleasant Sunday arvo's and Bob's ya Uncle.

• Like 2

Neeld's team? Not fully, he's still got quite a number of NQRs left from pre 2012.

Game plan? Yes, still being learnt.

Assistants? Most, Royal the midfield dud is still there. And what a great midfield it is.

Neeld's FD, yes, but Josh Mahoney was not his decision.

I think that Neeld has about till round 10 or 11 to show some wins and improvement. I hope to hell he does, because I believe he is a good coach, on the whole. I'm not an apologist for Neeld, i'm sure he's made some decisions that could have been handled better. But it's not his fault we are a coach killing football club.

Neeld may well be a good coach and a top bloke, but if we drop the next 2 games badly on our home ground he will not last until mid season

Look at his press conference from last weekend...he is running out of ideas fast...

I am not blaming him as i am sure he is giving his all, but his messages are not getting through...

Sacking him this season will just put another nail in the coffin of the MFC because we won't be able to get anyone big or noticeably better. Continuity and stability are key and take time. This is still a learning curve for Neeld and I believe he can get through it.

Last thing we'd want, surely? To remain stable? What we want is a total overturning of what we have got.

"Continuity" - that does mean more of the same, doesn't it? Can you be serious??

He might get through it - but are we going to, is the MFC going to? Lot of casualties so far, while Neeld works his way through it. Add Jack Watts and Blease to the list this week - who next week? How far, Mark?

I wonder does anybody remember learning about General Haig, the man responsible for the 1917 Battle of Passchendaele? A man of undoubted resolve, with a surefire battle plan, just pushed the men harder and harder, determined not to flinch in carrying out his ideas... In case you never did learn about this great warrior and leader of men, history has him as a man who did not succeed, but in attempting to, he put hundreds of thousands in their graves, many simply vanishing in the mud that he ignored in pursuit of his grand plan. The real question has to be, what was British Prime Minister Lloyd George's problem that he let it go on for so long?

Who's going to break ranks down at the club, and declare the Emperor exposed?

Edited by robbiefrom13
  • Like 3

Heard Terry Wallace on SEN today say that we won't see the results of some of Neelds coaching tenure for up to 3-4 years. He compared it to Essendon now reaping some of the benefits of the Matthew Knights recruiting and coaching philosophy only now 3 years after he's gone. Neeld inherited Bailey's work and only now into round 2 of his second season is he getting some of his own players on the park with the new recruits. It could take another 12 weeks for them all to gel. People don't realise changes take a lot longer than we think to take effect.

• Like 4

Last thing we'd want, surely? To remain stable? What we want is a total overturning of what we have got. "Continuity" - that does mean more of the same, doesn't it? Can you be serious?? He might get through it - but are we going to, is the MFC going to? Lot of casualties so far, while Neeld works his way through it. Add Jack Watts and Blease to the list this week - who next week? How far, Mark? I wonder does anybody remember learning about General Haig, the man responsible for the 1917 Battle of Passchendaele? A man of undoubted resolve, with a surefire battle plan, just pushed the men harder and harder, determined not to flinch in carrying out his ideas... In case you never did learn about this great warrior and leader of men, history has him as a man who did not succeed, but in attempting to, he put hundreds of thousands in their graves, many simply vanishing in the mud that he ignored in pursuit of his grand plan. The real question has to be, what was British Prime Minister Lloyd George's problem that he let it go on for so long? Who's going to break ranks down at the club, and declare the Emperor exposed?

Our club can't handle a big overturn again. It will destroy us and prove to the AFL that we are a basket case and can't be saved.

Passchendaele was a reflection of the vast majority of field battles in the great war, not just the will of one man and the fact that you are comparing Haig to Neeld is laughable.

• Like 1

Well we've got Redleg running for President/Chairman (got my vote)

Coach - pantaloons

CEO - Biffen or stuie

You and I can take care of the barrels for the pleasant Sunday arvo's and Bob's ya Uncle.

WYL to do the media...

Old dee to be Number 1 ticket holder and coterie host...

The Song Formerly Known As can be our speech writer...

and

Moonshadow to take over from Brian Royal.

What a powerhouse!!!

• Like 2

WYL to do the media...

Old dee to be Number 1 ticket holder and coterie host...

The Song Formerly Known As can be our speech writer...

and

Moonshadow to take over from Brian Royal.

What a powerhouse!!!

That's overrating moonshadow.

Any D'lander could replace royal

• Like 1

Heard Terry Wallace on SEN today say that we won't see the results of some of Neelds coaching tenure for up to 3-4 years. He compared it to Essendon now reaping some of the benefits of the Matthew Knights recruiting and coaching philosophy only now 3 years after he's gone. Neeld inherited Bailey's work and only now into round 2 of his second season is he getting some of his own players on the park with the new recruits. It could take another 12 weeks for them all to gel. People don't realise changes take a lot longer than we think to take effect.

Billy, should not post this type of information it will be to much to take in or understand, what they want is the more of the same as the last 5 years where the players rule the roost and train when they want to train (even Garland admitted that they were not fit enough) but that's what they want. You even have to read some of the posts about the pre-game address and most of them thought that was it 90 minutes before a game........dohhh

• Like 1

Neeld may well be a good coach and a top bloke, but if we drop the next 2 games badly on our home ground he will not last until mid season

Look at his press conference from last weekend...he is running out of ideas fast...

I am not blaming him as i am sure he is giving his all, but his messages are not getting through...

Agreed, WYL. The worse the results, the sooner the push to get him out. We want quick results or someone to carry the can. Will it change much about our players or results? Not one cracker, IMO. With a record of getting rid of coaches well short of the end of their contract, who'd want to go near us?

There is no denying he's not achieved anywhere near the success hoped, but we're cutting off our nose despite our face if we expect much success from where we were in just over 1 season and 2 preseasons ago. Sure, he's currently not a good media performer. Good god, who would be given our start? (As an aside, McLardy is a far worse media performer, Schwab made him look amateurish at the presser). Personally I don't care if he's a top bloke or a hard ass b breaker, but I'm very concerned that if we axe Neeld, we might as well close up shop, because we will be a bigger basket case than Fitzroy in their final years.

I don't know the answers, WYL, but I fear we will have to keep sacking till there is no one left, at this rate.

Maybe I am ridiculously naive but I was expecting some signs of improvement by now. I know everyone says that the squad (particularly the midfield) is not up to scratch but bad players just do not get this far without either demonstrating that they have what it takes or have the potential to develop it.

I've gone along (and will continue to go along) to the first two games and it makes no sense to me to see players not consistently trying hard enough or not making the 2nd and 3rd efforts that other teams' players are making. I cannot believe that the remaining players are no longer fit enough to put in a concerted effort for less than 10 minutes.

I hear (and believe)players like Mitch and Col Garland say that they want to play for Neeld so why is it that so many of our players seem incapable & incompetent.

Neeld needs to demonstrate quickly that he can get a team to play to their potential - win or lose. Without that effort, his days have to be numbered. And if he goes, his replacement will need to clear out any players that talk the talk but are unwilling or unable to walk the walk.

I sincerely hope that we show something on Saturday and that supporters, players, coaches & officials can start enjoying footy again.

Ps would like to understand and be informed about the reasons for the dropping of Blease & Watts. Makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

Agreed, WYL. The worse the results, the sooner the push to get him out. We want quick results or someone to carry the can. Will it change much about our players or results? Not one cracker, IMO. With a record of getting rid of coaches well short of the end of their contract, who'd want to go near us?

There is no denying he's not achieved anywhere near the success hoped, but we're cutting off our nose despite our face if we expect much success from where we were in just over 1 season and 2 preseasons ago. Sure, he's currently not a good media performer. Good god, who would be given our start? (As an aside, McLardy is a far worse media performer, Schwab made him look amateurish at the presser). Personally I don't care if he's a top bloke or a hard ass b breaker, but I'm very concerned that if we axe Neeld, we might as well close up shop, because we will be a bigger basket case than Fitzroy in their final years.

I don't know the answers, WYL, but I fear we will have to keep sacking till there is no one left, at this rate.

Over 81% of 'landers were expecting (on average) 5 and a half wins in the 1st half of the season last year ... The First Half Draw

Over 71% of 'landers were predicted a finish between 6th and 13th for last season. That converts to about 12 wins on average ... Season Prediction

Of course we've all lowered our expectations now, but it's hard to argue with the expectations (and the numbers) before the start of last season.

There weren't that many predicting doom and gloom and they were definitely in the minority. The large majority were expecting a lot better. The numbers don't lie.

Yeah, but don't be fooled. The real reason he raised this is because he wants to take credit for Richmond's improvement.

It's interesting to hear Terry Wallace talk about coaches and lists. I've heard him say several times now that clubs currently are where they are due to decisions made 5 years ago with recruiting and coaching philosophies. The current state would say mistakes were made 07/08 and I would have to agree, our current coach needs more time and those calling for him to be sacked, please your opinion is valid but please give us an alternative that is remotely realistic.

If I hear one more person say get Roos I'll go spare,there is as much chance of that happening as footballing media being unbiased and well researched, he is no chance of coaching us.

Disagree. I believe Neeld got unlucky with us. He would've made a very good senior appointment at those clubs. Perhaps that says more about our culture and the way MFC is run, especially the board and senior managers, and then there was the playing list he inherited. Bitter pill to swallow for all of us. But to say that someone else would have got us better at round 2, 2013 as the clubs whose coaches you mention is delusional.

We won 8.5 games in 2011. Is it delusional to think a new coach could improve on that?

Last thing we'd want, surely? To remain stable? What we want is a total overturning of what we have got.

"Continuity" - that does mean more of the same, doesn't it? Can you be serious??

He might get through it - but are we going to, is the MFC going to? Lot of casualties so far, while Neeld works his way through it. Add Jack Watts and Blease to the list this week - who next week? How far, Mark?

I wonder does anybody remember learning about General Haig, the man responsible for the 1917 Battle of Passchendaele? A man of undoubted resolve, with a surefire battle plan, just pushed the men harder and harder, determined not to flinch in carrying out his ideas... In case you never did learn about this great warrior and leader of men, history has him as a man who did not succeed, but in attempting to, he put hundreds of thousands in their graves, many simply vanishing in the mud that he ignored in pursuit of his grand plan. The real question has to be, what was British Prime Minister Lloyd George's problem that he let it go on for so long?

Our club can't handle a big overturn again. It will destroy us and prove to the AFL that we are a basket case and can't be saved.

Passchendaele was a reflection of the vast majority of field battles in the great war, not just the will of one man and the fact that you are comparing Haig to Neeld is laughable.

The comparison was clearly an analogy, but we must have a complete overturn - MN and NC in particular, must go!

Over 81% of 'landers were expecting (on average) 5 and a half wins in the 1st half of the season last year ... The First Half Draw

Over 71% of 'landers were predicted a finish between 6th and 13th for last season. That converts to about 12 wins on average ... Season Prediction

Of course we've all lowered our expectations now, but it's hard to argue with the expectations (and the numbers) before the start of last season.

There weren't that many predicting doom and gloom and they were definitely in the minority. The large majority were expecting a lot better. The numbers don't lie.

Did i say most Dee supporters were not expecting better, Macca? And with all due respect, if you are going to provide stats, at least do not claim them to represent all at 'land when not everyone contributed to them, otherwise those stats do lie. Nor are they a true sample of what wider footy fans thought of us. Besides, it is only normal for Dee supporters to expect improvement. I did.

As I said, if we are to continue down the path of axing coaches well before their contracts are up, we will end up in a far greater mess than we are now. That was my point which you missed.

Edited by Moonshadow

Neeld's team? Not fully, he's still got quite a number of NQRs left from pre 2012.

Game plan? Yes, still being learnt.

Assistants? Most, Royal the midfield dud is still there. And what a great midfield it is.

Neeld's FD, yes, but Josh Mahoney was not his decision.

I think that Neeld has about till round 10 or 11 to show some wins and improvement. I hope to hell he does, because I believe he is a good coach, on the whole. I'm not an apologist for Neeld, i'm sure he's made some decisions that could have been handled better. But it's not his fault we are a coach killing football club.

Not even close Moonshadow - Neeld simply hasn't got it - he was a bad choice. Stop blaming the players and anyone else. We need to lose MN and NC fast!

• Like 1

Love this one. No one at the club has broken ranks yet and admitted that Neeld was an unfortunate error. The Schwab sacking was done without any conviction by Mclardy. Preaching stability on Monday, sacking Tuesday and then back to preaching the stability model on Wednesday.

I guess they are waiting for GWS. Last Saturday was enough for me.

prove the "masses" wrong? Masses in this site seem to want Neeldy to stay right?

Just read the team line up for WC game. As usual the young stars top draught picks are dumped while hacks like Sellar Dweller and Jamar are retained. Typical Neeld. Has pressured Watts out of playing any decent football by dreaming Watts is the new Goddard on the block. Get real Neeld. How about giving him more than a quarter at FF. Watts had a shot at Goal V Bombers, hit the post. If it snuck through what might of happened. As for Blease. Let the kid play!! I'll swear if this guy was coached right he'd be an absolute star! Neeld is killing us. Maloney, Rivers, Martin, Gysberts and Petterd got sick of him. Next year will be Sylvia, Watts and Grimes.

Sick and tired of all the feel good replies an topics.

Yes to a Schwartz lead recovery and get Sheedy on board next year in some form. Let Craig take over after the GWS match.

• Like 2