Come on Neeldy prove the masses wrong

Soidee

Responsibility for our demise rests on this muppets shoulders.

He should resign in shame.

He should go for the good of the team.

What about the 5 years before that where we have been godawful?

Was Neeld secretly coaching us from Collingwood?

Oh wait, i know, i know. He must have used telekinesis and mind control on Bailey and co and on those before him.

He's a crafty one that Neeld, i say instead of just sacking him we should burn him at the stake too!

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As
  • Like 2

Responsibility for our demise rests on this muppets shoulders.

He should resign in shame.

He should go for the good of the team.

Yeah, cause he's been with us since '64..... 50 yrs of no success, and he tanked, and he picked all those wasted 1st round picks over the last 6 yrs, and he gave us a $5mill debt that had to be repayed, and he picked that dud Viney, and traded for that loser Mitch Clark.....

Who looks the muppet now, Kermit?

• Like 2

Just say we are at round eight and still winless, you'd have to say Neeldy will be gone.

Been thinking about who would replace him, that has experience.

Thought of a few.

Rodney Eade

Paul Roos

Gary Ayres

Terry Wallace

Alastair Clarkson

Matthew Knights

Neil Craig

Brett Ratten

Just say we are at round eight and still winless, you'd have to say Neeldy will be gone.

Thought of a few.

Rodney Eade

Paul Roos

Gary Ayres

Terry Wallace

Alastair Clarkson

Matthew Knights

Neil Craig

Brett Ratten

Neil Craig is the only logical one in that group but would he want it.

Thought of a few.

Rodney Eade

Paul Roos

Gary Ayres

Terry Wallace

Alastair Clarkson

Matthew Knights

Neil Craig

Brett Ratten

There is only one in that list worth considering Paul Roos.

But he wouldn't coach Melbourne if his life depended on it.

Melbourne Stink, as far as anyone outside of supporters think.

• Like 2

Thought of a few.

Rodney Eade

Paul Roos

Gary Ayres

Terry Wallace

Alastair Clarkson

Matthew Knights

Neil Craig

Brett Ratten

Lol, sure, we'll just grab Alastair Clarkson over from Hawthorn after round 8. Let's get him over as a midfield coach in the mean time, just in case.

Although I concede Neeld has made some major mistakes since coming to the club, I desperately want him to succeed. Not for Mark Neelds sake, but for the clubs sake. Give the guy till mid season and see what he's got. If no improvement, then see ya later Mark. If the side shows some signs of fight and even a couple of wins then let him have the second half of the year.His performance in the second half will determine whether he Leeds us into the next year. At the end of the day the MFC isn't a particularly attractive proposition for any coach in waiting. By over reacting and sacking Neeld to early we only make the job of attracting a decent new coach all that little bit harder.

• Like 2

Sanderson, Scott Bros, Hinkley, show that there are plenty of good newbies out there! Experienced or new there are plenty of replacements!

We got unlucky with Mark Neeld. No one was to know he would decimate an already fragile club/list.

You can see how disappointed Garry Lyon is. Garry tried his best to get the right guy. He asked Mick, Mick said Neeld. It was just a bad appointment. Let's move on,

Who's pantaloons?

He posts here regularly. I was being a little flippant although pantaloons did put up his hand to coach the team a few days ago. You obviously missed that post. ^_^

Sacking him this season will just put another nail in the coffin of the MFC because we won't be able to get anyone big or noticeably better. Continuity and stability are key and take time. This is still a learning curve for Neeld and I believe he can get through it.

• Like 7

Lol, sure, we'll just grab Alastair Clarkson over from Hawthorn after round 8. Let's get him over as a midfield coach in the mean time, just in case.

Sorry i didnt mean interim i meant long term.

• Like 1

Sanderson, Scott Bros, Hinkley, show that there are plenty of good newbies out there! Experienced or new there are plenty of replacements!

We got unlucky with Mark Neeld. No one was to know he would decimate an already fragile club/list.

You can see how disappointed Garry Lyon is. Garry tried his best to get the right guy. He asked Mick, Mick said Neeld. It was just a bad appointment. Let's move on,

Disagree. I believe Neeld got unlucky with us. He would've made a very good senior appointment at those clubs. Perhaps that says more about our culture and the way MFC is run, especially the board and senior managers, and then there was the playing list he inherited. Bitter pill to swallow for all of us. But to say that someone else would have got us better at round 2, 2013 as the clubs whose coaches you mention is delusional.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 2

Garry should be disappointed himself. He could have hung around or even taken on a role himself instead of popping up for a few weeks, directing big changes that the future of the club depended on and then buggering off back to the footy show.

But if you ain't got the cattle, you ain't got the cattle.

I doubt that no coach could have done anymore than what has been done - we are looking a four years of failure and standards from Bailey era not to mention four years of poor recruiting. Can takes years for recruiting to pay off... you only have to look how long it takes to build a premiership side. We screwed up badly.
  • Like 1

It is Neelds team as of now.

It is Neelds game plan now.

It is Neelds assistants now.

It is Neelds football department now.

He has weeks to get this list playing competitive football, it's a no brainer.

The players will decide Neelds fate.

Neeld's team? Not fully, he's still got quite a number of NQRs left from pre 2012.

Game plan? Yes, still being learnt.

Assistants? Most, Royal the midfield dud is still there. And what a great midfield it is.

Neeld's FD, yes, but Josh Mahoney was not his decision.

I think that Neeld has about till round 10 or 11 to show some wins and improvement. I hope to hell he does, because I believe he is a good coach, on the whole. I'm not an apologist for Neeld, i'm sure he's made some decisions that could have been handled better. But it's not his fault we are a coach killing football club.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1