Cameron Schwab Resigns

Steamin Demon

I am on record earlier today as saying this is what had to happened, and think it is a good move for our football club.

That said, we all should always keep in mind that people dedicate a lot of time and hard work to doing what they think is best for our footy club. We might think they have gone down the wrong path at times but they are always trying to do what is best.

Good luck to Cameron in whatever he does next.

• Like 7

McLardy goes next. Backed this joker in for a full three years.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/melbourne-presidet-don-mclardy-defends-demons-integrity-over-tanking-allegations/story-fnelctok-1226443248153

"The board has complete faith in his ability to deliver the key elements of our future club plans...an announcement on his tenure can be expected in the next couple of weeks.''

I don't necessarily agree with that at this stage. The President should stay until a better one can be found and should stick around til the end of the year. I don't think his position is untenable as Schwab's was and think he has done an OK job in the face of some pretty pressing issues over the last couple of years and was thrust into the role only due to the death of Stynes. Unless there are relationship issues between the players/FD and McLardy as there were with Schwab I don't think he should go just yet. Some of his comments over the last couple of days were pretty unprofessional but I'll give him a bit more time especially considering he has made the tough call on Schwab.

• Like 1

this is just awwwwfffffuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllll

I agree with the decision to get rid of CS, but DM is just, sadly, unable to handle the media................ he's insulting CS by saying he's (CS) polarised the supporter base

• Like 1

Damien Barret is a smug jerk, I get the feeling that the media will be gunning for Don to leave next. How can our future be controlled by the bias, agenda driven media.

Cameron has done himself a great favour by leaving in this way.

Our future should be governed by on field performance. Edited by why you little

sounds like McLardy pushed him

Yep..

McLardy asked him to resign.

Caro the pain, asking the same questions over..

McLardy poopy ATM - showing stress and fight at the same time! Treating the press how they deserved to be treaded - shut up until Im finished type thing..

Cam pretty much backing him up.. Schwab: "its a performance based industry - weve been bad, i take responsibility.. club can use fresh set of eyes.. still believes the plan is good, club WILL have its day!"

A good clean exit..

Did the right thing by the club. Well done Cameron Schwab.

Yep.

You can say what you want about Schwab (and I wanted him gone 2 years ago) but he is literally taking responsibility for a lot here and should be applauded for what he's doing right now to present a unified front.

Today is the start of a bright future for us.

• Like 10

Needed to happen...............................the remnants of 186 still lingered around the club.

Still some very good work done over the past 4 years, and cannot doubt his passion for the club!

Good luck Cameron.

• Like 2

... now for the president and Brian Royal to tender their resignation.

Also, I feel like [censored] slapping Caro... [censored] slap for a [censored].

Edited by Benson
  • Like 6

Don just said Neeld is not on notice when asked then Mark Robinson quickly chipped in and said '' but that's what you said about Cameron yesterday...'' and then it finished up... intresting times ahead

• Like 1

Always liked Cam as a bloke, often chatted to him at games. Had more passion than most supporters I've met.

But something had to happen, Cam going helps highlight that McClardy has NFI what he's doing from one day to the next.

Let's get a president that wants to run the MFC, McClardy never wanted full responsibility in the first place.

• Like 5

This topic is now closed to further replies.