Who is largely responsible yet consistently slips under the radar?

CBDees

Understandably everybody is blaming somebody for the last fortnight's debacles: the coach [guilty], the majority of players [guilty], the online-coaches [guilty], the President and Board, [guilty] and the CEO [guilty]. The only two in the football department who have not copped a lot of flack on the forums have been Craig and Meeson and Jones (x2) and Viney amongst the players.

The person who has not copped a lot of flack is Club Icon, Gary Lyon. Remember that Gary stepped in as football director on the Board when Jim was failing and a replacement for Bailey needed. He had a big role in the selection of Neeld [or so it has been reported] and was looked up to in bringing the culture back into the Club. But did he? Check Gary's football tips in the paper and you will find that he consistently tips against Melbourne in the celebrity tipping. Apparently he footy tipping ranking is more important to him than supporting his team. What message does this send to the Melbourne players (especially the younger ones) or to the coach for that matter? I have never seen Eddie McGuire tip against the Pies, nor John Elliot tip against Carlton. I think that Gary is a disgrace personally and would like to see him receive his share of the blowtorch from these forums for his negative mesages to our playing group!

I think he has copped a fair bit of criticism from most of us on this site - no credibility whatsoever.

As I said in another post, he lost me when he was completely useless for us during the tanking media beat-up (more concerned about his ego than the club that made him)

Understandably everybody is blaming somebody for the last fortnight's debacles: the coach [guilty], the majority of players [guilty], the online-coaches [guilty], the President and Board, [guilty] and the CEO [guilty]. The only two in the football department who have not copped a lot of flack on the forums have been Craig and Meeson and Jones (x2) and Viney amongst the players.

The person who has not copped a lot of flack is Club Icon, Gary Lyon. Remember that Gary stepped in as football director on the Board when Jim was failing and a replacement for Bailey needed. He had a big role in the selection of Neeld [or so it has been reported] and was looked up to in bringing the culture back into the Club. But did he? Check Gary's football tips in the paper and you will find that he consistently tips against Melbourne in the celebrity tipping. Apparently he footy tipping ranking is more important to him than supporting his team. What message does this send to the Melbourne players (especially the younger ones) or to the coach for that matter? I have never seen Eddie McGuire tip against the Pies, nor John Elliot tip against Carlton. I think that Gary is a disgrace personally and would like to see him receive his share of the blowtorch from these forums for his negative mesages to our playing group!

One of the most ridiculous comments I've read.

• Like 6

One of the most ridiculous comments I've read.

Couldn't agree more... if tipping against the club you support is a crime, then I think most of us here failing our club.

I did a tour of the facilities on the Sunday morning prior to the Port game and was talking to Russell Robertson (he hosted much of the tour)... he talked about the captaincy and inspirational figures at the club, and mentioned that Lyon was the most inspirational (and frightening) captain/player he encountered during his time playing with the club. He mentioned that Lyon was the kind of person you would be prepared to put your body on the line for (if he said jump you would ask how high? was how I think he put it).

Perhaps we need to employ the inspirational talents of one G Lyon to give the playing group a solid pre-game rev up as opposed to Mark Neeld's fireside chat that we witnessed on Saturday?

Garry Lyon is an interesting case, he should be the man to bring this club back together but he is rat -cunning and deliberately keeps himself at arm's length from genuinely having any real involvement in the club. He could be an Eddie Maguire type figure at the Dees but that would mean some degree of self-sacrifice and require him to stand up for the club.

It is far easier to live in the world of the media and throw "grenades" rather than be productive and support the club that gave him so much.

Stand up and be counted Garry.

How come the boot studder always seems to escape blame for everything. Talk about laying low. We need to flush him out urgently

They dont have boot studders now DC.

It's all moulded studs.

This could be the reason he escapes our wrath.

This is ridiculous. Having a go at him for his tipping against Melbourne?

Crikey. Excuse him for trying to keep up with the leaders.

Please, spare me.

Garry Lyon has been copping crap since long before things were much his fault. But now along with the crap there seems to be an incremental increase in the belief that he is elbows deep in the septic slime that is our club culture, while all along he keeps moaning in his media outlets about how 'someone needs to change the culture'.

They dont have boot studders now DC.

It's all moulded studs.

This could be the reason he escapes our wrath.

so you're saying the fault is having moulded studs?

although i thought they had screw ins, so you could vary the length according to conditions

you couldn't trust that sort of technical stuff to mere players, certainly not ours

better not alert the club, he's probably still drawing a salary

• Like 1

I blame the trumpet guy.

Started blowing that horn in 2007.

You get the point.

Someone bring a shotgun this Saturday .

Although I fear he will keep going like the guy at the start of "The Party".

• Like 1

The curse is our new emblem - we've been crap every since they brought that in.

Is that the Emblem that cost us Hankook?

Huh? tell me more

That was the dispute Hankook had with our famous CEO, it was taking up to much jumper space, Hankook didnt like it, but you know Cameron, its his way or the highway.