Everyone Calm Down!

Demon Jack

Ok, I understand how frustrating this is. Melbourne has been a below average team for years now with the last few seasons being full of unfulfilled promises. Today was a big disappointment, but to show to everyone what a strong footy club we are, we need to pick ourselves up and continue to support our team. Because that's what supporters are for.

• Like 5

Ok, I understand how frustrating this is. Melbourne has been a below average team for years now with the last few seasons being full of unfulfilled promises. Today was a big disappointment, but to show to everyone what a strong footy club we are, we need to pick ourselves up and continue to support our team. Because that's what supporters are for.

Brave man.

we'll all do that regardless, please don't think we won't.

This place is a place of venting with like minded passionate supporters.

A grain of salt is required.

Richmond and WC bottomed out when we did and WC are touted as top 4 contenders.

Richmond are challenging top sides.

North didn't even bottom out and they are going goal for goal with the best side in the comp atm.

We bottomed out better than most and can't even beat the worst side in the league.

And after bottoming out, we look to of even gone backwards.

Snap reaction, perhaps, but what do you expect supporters to say?

Has there been a side in the competition so ordinary, for so long? And I mean ordinary.

• Like 1

I think we will all support our team, however we are all over these performances. We are only human, how long can we put up with sub par and frustrating performances. The Melbourne Footy Club and I are in a very bad and hurtful relationship, I love them but they keep letting me down and I always go back to them! LOL

• Like 2

No mate, listening to Carey describe our effort as insipid and putrid gives all members the right to show how strong we are and give this Club what it deserves.... a massive boot fair up the @rse

Demon jack I agree we as supporters need to support through thick and thin.

But today was nothing short of disgraceful.mi can accept losing but not in the manner they lost today. Did not fire a shot after half time.

The team was an embarrassment, a joke.

If the players don't care, how can we as supporters?

Give me a f#*king break!

Accepting the [censored] that was dished up today by our club is exactly what's wrong. It's not enough to be happy to go to the footy and see a team play - just ask South Melbourne and Fitzroy supporters.

We can and should demand more from the team. They are terrible, and asking them to be better has now become the responsibility of the supporters because we have a long term view of both the club and the league. If we want to be around we need to be competitive.

Today was a disgrace from a sponsorship and membership perspective and that's what allows us to exist.

Don't be afraid to demand more.

• Like 3

Ok, I understand how frustrating this is. Melbourne has been a below average team for years now with the last few seasons being full of unfulfilled promises. Today was a big disappointment, but to show to everyone what a strong footy club we are, we need to pick ourselves up and continue to support our team. Because that's what supporters

are for.[/quoPretty hard to when they so frickin' insipid, l've had enough and l don't give rats tossbag about pretending to be a strong club, 5-6 years of this crap is enough to make me want to give AFL away

Richmond and WC bottomed out when we did and WC are touted as top 4 contenders.

Richmond are challenging top sides.

North didn't even bottom out and they are going goal for goal with the best side in the comp atm.

We bottomed out better than most and can't even beat the worst side in the league.

And after bottoming out, we look to of even gone backwards.

Snap reaction, perhaps, but what do you expect supporters to say?

Has there been a side in the competition so ordinary, for so long? And I mean ordinary.

Whilst it's true that Richmond and WC bottomed out - we bottomed out post Daniher, "re-built" under Bailey, and have gone back to the drawing board under Neeld. Enough is enough. Today was an embarrassment and the sooner performances like that one stop being tolerated or explained away the better.

I can cop losing, but I can't put up with insipid, gutless dogs representing the club I love and would bleed every drop of blood to play one game.

I'm sick of going to a game and watching them not give a [censored].

Great call

Don't start me on Wines, him and Viney represent everything our side doesn't.

Meanwhile Toumpas was seen standing 10m away from contests with hands on his knees.

Ffs i know its his first game but if he isnt ready then dont play him.

No...

Your sentiment is nice, but our hostility is healthy..... frightening, but healthy.... don't stop the anger, let the players adjust to it & feel it & let them learn to cope with the fire.

We as supporters have been to meek for a combatant contact sport.... we can be 'meek' away from the game doing other things. other clubs supporters fireup when they go bad & so can we..

.... Wats needed si for the players to collectively stand up & have a go.

who cares about a few mistakes when we're getting smashed, as long as they are showing PLENTY of Heart.

.................. thats the starting point we have to see..... Heart & Ticker

• Like 2

Get off your damm high horse. All of us who support this club bleed red and blue, don't tell anyone to calm down after such rot served up. We are bloody hurting after this.

[censored] off

• Like 1

Please lets not calm down. Heads need to roll after losing to an interstate side at the g by 80 points that last year noone wanted to coach and everyone thought were the ultimate basket case on field and off field. When Port lost to GWS and primus lost his job I laughed and said o well at least we'll never hit as rock bottom as port. We lost to them by 80 points today ffs. God this club makes me angry

• Like 1