• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Essendon

DeeSpencer

Grimes Dunn Jetta

Watts T Mcdonald Terlich

M Jones Viney Howe

Byrnes Dawes Blease

Davey Clark Garland

Jamar Sylvia N Jones

Fitzpatrick Rodan, Pederson, Sub Toumpas

Frawley out as he just keeps failing to produce, needs to go back to the 2's to meditate on his attitude.

Garland did ok down forward in the past, I think he should be tried there again providing support clark going left and garland going right and dawes in the middle will test most teams.

Brynes and Blease to crumb and help get the ball forward - all forwards need to stick to their half of the ground a lot more so there is support for Clark if/when the ball gets down there.

Pederson I think he deserves another chance, he shows he can mark and kick, needs a little more time fitting into a dysfunctional team

Howe on the wing so that he can help more for kick ins, needs to move it up a notch.

Davey - the coach needs to take him aside and talk to him about how we need his crumbing, run and delivery - he has the skills needs the belief

Dunn - needs to step up and take more control of the backline as a senior player, his long kicking down the ground should be used more often. While he may not be the best full back the aim is to stop the ball from getting down there. if Joe Danaher is playing then Tom Mc will probably need to take him. I would expect Essendon would bring Joe in for this game as it would probably be seen as a light introduction into AFL football.

No spare man in defense, all players man up and stay manned up all day long. no easy kicks, tackle hard and shepherd for your team mates.

Out

gillies - horrible player to watch doesn't have much upside

pederson - just a nothing player

sellar - same as pederson

Nicholson - has a go but murders the ball too often

Mckenzie - same as nicho obviously a decent tagger but can't turn tag into attack.

Dunn - just no good.

In

Tom McDonald, terlich, jetta, Dawes, Trengove, kent

All of the above will offer so much more

You're missing a third tall. Dawes to replace Sellar, who replaces Pedersen?

I agree they were both shockingly bad but you have to keep one of them. I'd probably keep Pedersen but it's a tight call.

OUT:

Gillies, Nicholson, Sellar, Tapscott, Dunn

IN:

Tom Mcdonald, Dean Terlich, Chris Dawes, Dean Kent/Aaron Davey(I'd prefer Kent but he wasnt even in the 25 for Round 1 whereas Davey was), Neville Jetta

Everyone is calling for Pederson to be dropped or never play again when he kicked a goal, assissted another and at least chased. And no body can convince me that Sellar wuda taken that hanger on the goalline in the 2nd. On the other hand James Sellar still drops chest marks, is innefectual up forward, runs around without any sense of direction/instruction and is still the worst footballler, along with Lyden Dunn, known to man. Gillies was a dud, and proved that, much like Sellar did last season, Nicholson squibbed it yesterday and then got towelled up convincingly by a first gamer. Tapscott needs to turn it around quickly or else he will be playing SANFL if he's lucky next season. Lynden Dunn is just a flop, why we kept him I'll never know. Why they allow him to take kickouts, I'll never know either.

Tom Mcdonald is a must inclusion. The backline looked terrible without him; bigger loss than Rivers it would seem. Terlich must come in for Dunn because he looks like he can play on an opponent and still rake in the touches and offer something other than a 50m kick to no-one. Dawes, fit or unfit, 80% or 90% fit I cudnt care must play. Dean Kent or Aaron Davey is the only dillemma. Kent would give more than Davey would in my opinion and his toughness for me warrants his selection. The soft nature of Davey allows him a week in the VFL or emergency again because after yesterday the soft must not play. Neville Jetta comes in and replaces Nicholson. Simple as that.

Edited by DEELIRIOUS

Both Kent and Davey MUST play. They can run and spread and kick. We did none of those things. Those two along with Blease will be an injection of skill that is desperately needed on yesterday's showing,

• Like 2

OUT:

Gillies, Nicholson, Sellar, Tapscott, Dunn

IN:

Tom Mcdonald, Dean Terlich, Chris Dawes, Dean Kent/Aaron Davey(I'd prefer Kent but he wasnt even in the 25 for Round 1 whereas Davey was), Neville Jetta

Everyone is calling for Pederson to be dropped or never play again when he kicked a goal, assissted another and at least chased. And no body can convince me that Sellar wuda taken that hanger on the goalline in the 2nd. On the other hand James Sellar still drops chest marks, is innefectual up forward, runs around without any sense of direction/instruction and is still the worst footballler, along with Lyden Dunn, known to man. Gillies was a dud, and proved that, much like Sellar did last season, Nicholson squibbed it yesterday and then got towelled up convincingly by a first gamer. Tapscott needs to turn it around quickly or else he will be playing SANFL if he's lucky next season. Lynden Dunn is just a flop, why we kept him I'll never know. Why they allow him to take kickouts, I'll never know either.

Tom Mcdonald is a must inclusion. The backline looked terrible without him; bigger loss than Rivers it would seem. Terlich must come in for Dunn because he looks like he can play on an opponent and still rake in the touches and offer something other than a 50m kick to no-one. Dawes, fit or unfit, 80% or 90% fit I cudnt care must play. Dean Kent or Aaron Davey is the only dillemma. Kent would give more than Davey would in my opinion and his toughness for me warrants his selection. The soft nature of Davey allows him a week in the VFL or emergency again because after yesterday the soft must not play. Neville Jetta comes in and replaces Nicholson. Simple as that.

Watts still gets a game?

In: McDonald, terlich, kent, jetta, dawes, man on man

Out: gillies, Nicholson, tapscott, garland, sellar, the zone crap

FB: Jetta, frawley, Dunn

Hb: watts, McDonald, terlich

C: grimes, jones, jones

Hf: howe, Dawes, blease

Ff: Byrnes. Clark, kent

Foll: Jamar, mckenzie, Viney

Int: Rodan, pedersen, Sylvia

S: toumpas

Who is "man on man?"

Grimes Frawley Strauss

Joel MacDonald T Mcdonald Terlich

M Jones Viney Davey

Kent Dawes Blease

Byrnes Clark Fitzpatrick

Spencer Sylvia N Jones

Taggert, Tynan, Magner Sub Toumpas

Out Nicholson, Pederson, Sellar, Garland, Tapscott,Gillies

In Fitzpatrick,Terlich,Jetta, T Mcdonald,Davey,Dawes

And I just want to see players trying their best with intensity. That is all really. Four quarter efforts, never say die.

Jamar needs to learn to tap to our advantage. Frawley, Gillies and Watts just didnt want to be there. Id sooner see Evans out there at least trying.

Watts still gets a game?

With Terlich there will the focus solely be on Watts? And regardless, maybe one of our players can be a team player for once and sacrifice their game for the benefit of the team by allowing others to blossom. I'm not saying thats what happened yesterday with Watts, nor am I saying its gonna happen this week, but if the focus is on Watts most weeks then other players in our defence can capitalise. I understand Watts had a shocker yesterday but I'm confident the bearded woman can bounce back

terlich offers more than Watts - he has a crack, he can kick and most importantly he offers run out of the back half - something we've only had twice in years (ward and grimes)

OUT: Byrnes, Rodan, Gilles, Garland, Sellar, Dunn, Jamar.

IN: Kent, Spencer, Terlich, Davey, Trengove, Dawes, McDonald.

B: Terlich Frawley Nicholson

HB:Grimes McDonald Watts

C: Trengove Viney M. Jones

HF: Kent Clark Howe

FF: Davey Dawes Pedersen

Foll: Spencer McKenzie N. Jones

I: Blease Toumpas Sylvia

S: Tapscott

My team and its based around run

Jetta Frawley Garland

Watts McDonald Terlich

Blease Jones Grimes

Howe Dawes Davey

Byrnes Clark Sellar

Jamar Sylvia Viney

Rodan Mckenzie M Jones

Toumpas

In Jetta, Terlich, Davey, Dawes

Out Nicholson, Dunn, Pederson, Gillies

A lot of lucky players get a chance to make up for yesterday, our backline didnt function

Grimes Frawley Strauss

M Jones Viney Davey

Kent Dawes Blease

Byrnes Clark Fitzpatrick

Spencer Sylvia N Jones

Jamar not in and not out? Watts?

Fitzpatrick is not up to AFL standard and even if he was you couldn't go with both him and Spencer.

• Like 1

So in other words there are exceptions to your rule. Maturity which is not necessarily attached to age, ala Kent (how you've come to this judgement based on a couple of NAB Cup games I have no idea).

I would question how a 1 gamer has a mature head in AFL terms (Jones). Mature body yes.

Your system is confused. Just pick the best performed players. Reward effort. Don't confuse it.

To me Maturity is all of 3 things in the combative field of footy.

'Emotional', 'Physical', & of the players 'Age' as well, in any combinations, add up to the readiness of the combatant.

... being emotionally ready to be aggressive with some tough men.

... being of a size where the body has mostly filled out & has hardened up for the full on clashes of AFL footy.

... the age & the years a player has been in the AFL system usually helps them cope with the perceived & real pressures of the gameday.

imo, the signals a player is ready to take on fully grown men & not succumb the mental pressure of the occasion, starts to show usually with the age approaching 22 or 23 years, normally.

...... There are exceptions to the rule, & with our predicament atmo with so many List changes, & the losses mounting up over the last 4 - 5 years, the ability to put a winning thinking side out on the park, needs to be balanced a certain way.

Firstly to have AS MANY head over the footy types we can muster, who'll take No Backward steps to anyone.

... Especially in the next couple of matches, as we take on some of the most mature & winning teams around. We need to reestablish our fortitude & belief in one another, with the hardest players we've got.

Then for the GWS game we could add 1 or 2 more of the 'skillful variety'.

But first things first, get the players belief back into being hard & competitive as a group.

Edited by dee-luded

Grimes Frawley Strauss

M Jones Viney Davey

Kent Dawes Blease

Byrnes Clark Fitzpatrick

Spencer Sylvia N Jones

You haven't got Watts either in your team or out! As you have dropped four talls, why don't you leave him in for Magner who can't play as a rookie? Not sure about Fitzy, might be better to leave Garland in?

OUT: Gillies, Dunn, Tapscott, Nicholson

IN: Mcdonald, Terlich, Dawes, (best of vfl players on Form.)

Terlich you have right, but Dawes and McDonald as best VFL players? Good players yes but if you are picking best VFL players on form you would have Davey, Jetta and MacDonald! No argument about dropping Nicholson, Tapscott or Gillies after Saturday!

I'd be playing the following:

B: Jetta Frawley Garland

HB: Strauss McDonald Terlich

C: Blease Viney Howe

HF: Sylvia Clark Rodan

F: Davey Dawes Byrnes

Fol: Jamar Jones Trengove (if fit)

Int: Toumpas McKenzie M Jones

Sub: Watts

Which I guess mean:

IN: Strauss, Jetta, McDonald, Terlich, Dawes, Davey

OUT: Sellar, Gilles, Pederson, Nicholson, Dunn, Tapscott

The sad part of above, is that if given the option I would never play Strauss or MacDonald in the backline - one can't kick and one's too loose, but it would have to be better than last week. God help us.

I haven't seen the game, but it sounds like Gillies, Nicholson, Watts, Dunn and Pederson were as bad as they come.

However, it doesn't really matter. We're not going to go anywhere whilst the core of the side doesn't put the required effort in. We can change the players as much as we want, we just aren't going go become anything other than a bottom 4 side when teams can treat matches against us like a training drill.

i envy you!!!

These players today squibbed it under pressure:

Nicholson, 22

Sellar, 24

Pederson, 26

Jamar, 29

Watts, 22

Frawley, 24

Garland, 24

These didn't:

Viney, 18

M.Jones, 25

I think you're "senior heads" theory is rubbish.

Play whoever played well, that's how you develop a list.

If a third of our side are squibs there could we could have a problem Houston. Don't think you're truly serious with a few of the names you have mentioned , but we were short of single minded resolve by a few you have named.

If a third of our side are squibs there could we could have a problem Houston. Don't think you're truly serious with a few of the names you have mentioned , but we were short of single minded resolve by a few you have named.

I was trying to point out to Deeluded that just putting in the senior players is not the solution, as it was only really the younger players who gave a yelp yesterday..

Watts on the wing. He is hopeless in the contest but is one of our best users and we are too slow in the midfield.

Garland needs to play as the third tall defender. He is being played out of position at the moment and our backline needs one or two extra runners. Dunn and Watts may be good kicks but we need players who can break a line with run off half back.

If Tapscott is going to make it it is as a small defender. His lack of pace is obvious in the forward line. Still he needs a week at Casey to find form.

I prefer Davey over Rodan.

And use the corridor and play on.

• Like 1

In: McDonald, Kent, MacDonald

Out: Gillies, Watts, Dunn

Sellar down back where he belongs, McDonald up forward where he played well at the end of last year, Watts out for a disgustingly laconic game.

Tapscott survives through his lack of gametime in the last couple of years.