Away strips don't exist anymore?

Gorgoroth

Last week the bombers wore their home strip v Adelaide, now the tigers are in theirs against the blues, and I reckon Cotchin handballs to a blues player and another tiger kicked one earlier to a area where there was only a blue.

So have the AFL gone weak over this again?

Guest fitness

Perhaps they have finally come to the realisation that clash strips (not away strips) only need to be worn when a genuine clash exists.

Call me old fashioned but nobody wants to see their club wearing anything but their traditional jumper, unless a clash forces the need for one.

I reckon there would only be less than 5 genuine clashes in the whole league.

• Like 1

Away strips are a [censored]. The games was around for over 100 years without requiring away strips. They played covered in mud when teams were almost indistiguishable

Umpires in the same colour as one of the teams - different story. There should be one uniform for umpires which is worn in all games

Away strips are a [censored]. The games was around for over 100 years without requiring away strips. They played covered in mud when teams were almost indistiguishable

Umpires in the same colour as one of the teams - different story. There should be one uniform for umpires which is worn in all games

Think you'll find that the speed of the game 100 years ago was a bit different, Biff. Might have been a tad bit easier to distinguish between teams, even when muddy.

Perhaps they have finally come to the realisation that clash strips (not away strips) only need to be worn when a genuine clash exists.

Call me old fashioned but nobody wants to see their club wearing anything but their traditional jumper, unless a clash forces the need for one.

I reckon there would only be less than 5 genuine clashes in the whole league.

There is a genuine clash this coming Sunday but I will bet that Collingwood will not wear their 'away strip'; my apology they don't have an away strip do they? Whereas whenever we play St Kilda in our 'away' jumper we actually create a clash. Nothing wrong with the simple black and white shorts like the old days [particularly when we also have our distinctive red socks]!

I support the away strip worn when necessary, but only when applied evenly across the whole competition. If they aren't going to force some of the 'bigger' clubs to wear them when there is a clash, then we should rock out in the blue and red every week.

• Like 1

One way to stop the afl & any away type strips, is to Not buy any away styled merchandising...

they will get the message from our actions. If we buy this crap they'll sell it to us.

If you want to bring back the heritage, you have to show it.

• Like 2

I hate it when i see a little kid wearing an MFC Clash jumper.

That is not the colours of the Red & Blue.

Did "Bluey" Truscott wear that jumoer under his greens when he went to war??.

Last night proved that a clash jumper is not needed.

Stand Firm MFC. If our club stood up publicly against the AFL we would gain more Members.

Show some pride Demons. Fcuk that white rubbish we are forced to wear.

The Filth are aiming at 80,000+ members this year. Their jumper remains.

Edited by why you little
  • Like 2

The annual away strip thread has started early this year.

Lets all get over it.

We are not a power club

We need to suck up to the AFL

They want us in the away strip

End of the story.

I actually don't mind the current one.

If they start winning I don't care if we are in pink with purple polka dots

There is a genuine clash this coming Sunday but I will bet that Collingwood will not wear their 'away strip'; my apology they don't have an away strip do they? Whereas whenever we play St Kilda in our 'away' jumper we actually create a clash. Nothing wrong with the simple black and white shorts like the old days [particularly when we also have our distinctive red socks]!

Funny how Collingwood keeps getting dragged into this discussion. Fact is, they DO have a clash jumper. Their regular jumper is primarily black (especially the back), whereas the clash jumper is primarily white (especially the back). I personally reckon their clash jumper is more than adequate.

Certainly more than can be said for Essendon (who have NEVER made a genuine effort in this regard) and Carlton & Richmond, both who HAVE made genuine efforts over the years, only to have apparently abandoned them in recent times.

As much as I hate the hawks I think their clash jumper is a good one and should be an example to other clubs.

I wouldn't mind having a demon picture on the front with white back ground and the same could be done for the bombers and tigers.

The eagles also do it. Every other sport in the world has no problem with wearing clash guernseys why are we so special??

As much as I hate the hawks I think their clash jumper is a good one and should be an example to other clubs.

I wouldn't mind having a demon picture on the front with white back ground and the same could be done for the bombers and tigers.

The eagles also do it. Every other sport in the world has no problem with wearing clash guernseys why are we so special??

because we are us, as are you, and not them

I actually cannot see any rationale in an away jumper (except AFL marketing opportunities in sale of guernsey advertising space) as our traditional jumper is one of the most distinctive in the AFL and clashes with nobody!

This isn't really the best place to ask this question, but I can't find another thread on the 2013 jumper (there probably is one, so sorry about this).

I see on our home jumper for this year that the MFC insignia is faintly drawn into the blue. You can see it in this photo from the store: https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/assets/shopdesq/products/images/thumbnail/Guernsey%20ATH%20MFC.jpg

Is that new? Or was that there last year?

This isn't really the best place to ask this question, but I can't find another thread on the 2013 jumper (there probably is one, so sorry about this).

I see on our home jumper for this year that the MFC insignia is faintly drawn into the blue. You can see it in this photo from the store: https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/assets/shopdesq/products/images/thumbnail/Guernsey%20ATH%20MFC.jpg

Is that new? Or was that there last year?

??????????

The annual away strip thread has started early this year.

Lets all get over it.

We are not a power club

We need to suck up to the AFL

They want us in the away strip

End of the story.

I actually don't mind the current one.

If they start winning I don't care if we are in pink with purple polka dots

We're not a power club because we think we're not, & act like politically correct little boys.

if we are to be, then we have to act up. be bold & take what we want.