Franklin: Hawthorn's Voldemort

Elwood 3184

There is a showdown looming at Glenferrie Oval this year.

Franklin and Clarkson are not talking to each other over an issue to do with Buddies partying.

A source has told me the words

"it's either him or me" were uttered in a conciliation/ crisis meeting .

The club is divided over it.

Not a happy team at Hawthorn.

Personally I'm pretty happy with it.

• Like 12

Here we go again

AFL will look at topping up Lance Franklin's pay if decides to move north and join GWS

Certainly, we need to promote the game on a national level but does it have to be in a way that denies constituent clubs any chance of preserving their most valuable assets?

If I were a Hawks supporter reading this, I would be one livid, and two demanding answers, particularly from the AFL. Unlikely to get any answers.

It stinks of an unfair playing field.

Who is to say that Buddy hasn't been directly offered by the AFL $10million upon retirement from the game if he moves to GWS? Plus marketing cuts. On top of any future lucrative contracts....

Where has the heat on Demetriou gone?

Very nice cleansing article on Demetriou and the Commission yesterday. PR anyone?

In breaking news I understand that Hawthorn have enlisted retired Green's politician Bob Brown 'to save the Franklin'!

• Like 10

And some were saying it would be unfair if hogan played for us this year. The AFL are in the business of unfair. This comes as no surprise to me and I think we and some other clubs need to be thought of a bit more. What if the doggies who won't have much to watch this year have their own little warchest to attempt to take buddy or another big name in the attempt to win games but also raise memberships and interest? Sorry lads outbid by the love child giants with the approval of the head office. This is becoming one of the most unfair leagues and it has to stop.

• Like 4

If I were a Hawks supporter reading this, I would be one livid, and two demanding answers, particularly from the AFL. Unlikely to get any answers.

It stinks of an unfair playing field.

Who is to say that Buddy hasn't been directly offered by the AFL $10million upon retirement from the game if he moves to GWS? Plus marketing cuts. On top of any future lucrative contracts....

Where has the heat on Demetriou gone?

Very nice cleansing article on Demetriou and the Commission yesterday. PR anyone?

I think any supporter would be, no love for the hawks here but this is just way over the top.

It's these type of decisions that splits competitions.

• Like 1

I think any supporter would be, no love for the hawks here but this is just way over the top.

It's these type of decisions that splits competitions.

Demetriou just spoke on SEN, and called it very poor journalism by Robinson based on a hypothetical question.

If you were Buddy, you couldn't help but think what kind of figures the AFL would be talking. He may already know.....hello Folau's marketing component....

Its such a level playing field. All clubs treated fairly and equally. Amazing how they do it really :huh:

There is a showdown looming at Glenferrie Oval this year.

Franklin and Clarkson are not talking to each other over an issue to do with Buddies partying.

A source has told me the words

"it's either him or me" were uttered in a conciliation/ crisis meeting .

The club is divided over it.

Not a happy team at Hawthorn.

Personally I'm pretty happy with it.

I new it, that must have been why I heard he was being 'shopped' last year. To make him change his ways, or to get something back for his trade.

Actually I hope he goes to GWS.

I think that will help us secure some other.

And the Hawks will be in the market for a mobile forward.

Demetriou just spoke on SEN, and called it very poor journalism by Robinson based on a hypothetical question.

If you were Buddy, you couldn't help but think what kind of figures the AFL would be talking. He may already know.....hello Folau's marketing component....

...and AD answered that hypothetical question because????

Sowing a seed.

So Vlad's a journalistic critic now. Where's he been the last 8-9 months !!! ffs

• Like 1

Have been told (cant vouch for the source) that Freo has offered $1.2 for 4 yrs PLUS a guarantee he will be employed as an indigenous ambassador for 10 yrs post career..

Its starting to smell...the AFL will have their hand all over it,

Its such a level playing field. All clubs treated fairly and equally. Amazing how they do it really :huh:

"All pigs are equal. Some pigs are more equal than others...!"

• Like 3

Franklin....Gawn!

Freo Mining $$$ will set up the Franklin mint very nicely.

Vlad our bloated one got very heated on the the wireless this morning.

Cracks are appearing in his Empire at AFL HQ.

Could it be that he views only flags won outside of Victoria as profitable?

Won't be long, his reign of tyranny is approaching the end

• Like 2

Have been told (cant vouch for the source) that Freo has offered $1.2 for 4 yrs PLUS a guarantee he will be employed as an indigenous ambassador for 10 yrs post career..

Its starting to smell...the AFL will have their hand all over it,

Maybe Robbo got the Club wrong but the gist of the article was correct - all based on extra ambasadorial payments. Can you imagine Jeff K reaction to this - AFL assisting another Club to poach one of their players. Sounds familiar.

Can we sign someone up as a ambassador for Casey? Or the doggies have someone be an ambassador for sunshine? Why can't we just have a correct salary cap with no outside payments?

• Like 1

Just a reminder..Why was the MFC denied a 3rd Party deal to keep $cully?

We were never given any reason for this.

But of course the deal had already been $igned off.

Us v Them Demons. The only way this club will survive.

• Like 2