• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Watts almost traded?

DeeZee

this was something uttered about him when first drafted, and honestly I can see him being that player. Personally I think the question marks over his hardness at the contest are largely unfounded.. it is mainly the result of media propoganda - even so, that is his only weakness. He is a smart, athletic, skillful and of a size adequate to play most positions on the ground. FFS that is exactly why he went at number 1. If it was up to me I would have him in the centre square round 1 next year, but far wiser heads than me make that decision. If they float him across half back utilising his nous and class, so be it. If they stick him up forward, where Clark, Dawes, Pederson, Jamar and Howe allow him to receive little attention he might completely run riot. I've been to training a bit this PS and I have no qualms whatsoever about where the kid's head is at - he's not aloof, he doesn't lack confidence, he doesn't feel pressured, he just attacks it with a smile on his face because he knows how good he is and he is going to prove it... eventually. I have him in our very best assets pile along with Clark, Jones, Howe, Grimes, T.McDonald and of couse Viney and Toumpas.

It's a big weakness to have in this contact sport. Luckily for him he oozes class and that is what is keeping him in the team. Make no mistake if he wasn't so soft (hate to say it) he would be in the forward line, where we drafted him for- instead of being a loose back.

It's a big weakness to have in this contact sport. Luckily for him he oozes class and that is what is keeping him in the team. Make no mistake if he wasn't so soft (hate to say it) he would be in the forward line, where we drafted him for- instead of being a loose back.

With Rivers gone, we need him at half back to play the same sort of role that Jared did. I think we have more than enough tall forward targets in Dawes, Clark, Pedersen, Howe, Fitzpatrick, Hogan (2014), etc. We don't NEED Watts to become a gun FF. IMO, I'd rather he blossomed into an AA half back, which I suspect is what will happen.

this was something uttered about him when first drafted, and honestly I can see him being that player. Personally I think the question marks over his hardness at the contest are largely unfounded.. it is mainly the result of media propoganda - even so, that is his only weakness. He is a smart, athletic, skillful and of a size adequate to play most positions on the ground. FFS that is exactly why he went at number 1. If it was up to me I would have him in the centre square round 1 next year, but far wiser heads than me make that decision. If they float him across half back utilising his nous and class, so be it. If they stick him up forward, where Clark, Dawes, Pederson, Jamar and Howe allow him to receive little attention he might completely run riot. I've been to training a bit this PS and I have no qualms whatsoever about where the kid's head is at - he's not aloof, he doesn't lack confidence, he doesn't feel pressured, he just attacks it with a smile on his face because he knows how good he is and he is going to prove it... eventually. I have him in our very best assets pile along with Clark, Jones, Howe, Grimes, T.McDonald and of couse Viney and Toumpas.

Agreed.

Further to this I don't understand why he 'has' to be some form of KPP or take on a 'Jared Rivers' type role.

I saw numerous games last year where he constantly hit blokes on the chest, lace out, with both feet, reminded me a bit of TJ.

If he can develop a superior motor and work on his speed and accelaration he can be anything.

I agree with C & B in regards to putting him in the middle. He could be so damaging that I would leave him to his own devices and let the opposition worry about him.

Edited by Stigga

The role he played last year prior to his ankle knack reminded me of Andrew Mackie from the Cats.

Mackie is a damaging user of the ball who doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities and yet also pushes forward at times to be an offensive threat.

If Watts can be our version of that he'll be a very handy player to have in the side.

What I find incongruous about Watts is that he's supposed to be in the top three quickest at the club but you'd be forgiven for thinking he's in the top 3 slowest.

Is it a lack of confidence? Does he try so hard to avoid body contact that he goes to spaces that offer him less opportunity to take the game on?

I don't know but hr needs a minimum 25% increase in output this season. There is no halo on this player anymore. Must find another gear or find himself on the fringe.

Edited by Range Rover

What I find incongruous about Watts is that he's supposed to be in the top three quickest at the club but you'd be forgiven for thinking he's in the top 3 slowest.

Is it a lack of confidence? Does he try so hard to avoid body contact that he goes to spaces that offer him less opportunity to take the game on?

I don't know but hr needs a minimum 25% increase in output this season. There is no halo on this player anymore. Must find another gear or find himself on the fringe.

Welcome back Range Rover. Reinstated hey mate?

Yeah, don't agree but wgaf.

No, I think It's a 21 year old man still working himself out.

My favourite acronym (referenced an another thread) not listed here is TLA

It is of course the perfect tuatology as it is the three letter acronym for Three Letter Acronym.

Much favoured in the 80's and 90's business colleges ther TLA was almost made redundant by the FLA (Four Letter Acronym) and for those really modern and important occasions the 5 letter acronym. Of course SLA's (6&7) were given even greater significance if they could be constructed into a legitimate word, with additional credit when the word was either tautologous to the phrase or more significantly totally opposite to the phrase.

I cannot recount any but they were much loved in the highest levels of management obscurity.

It was perhaps significant that a new generation has adopted the acronym (although most do not know what that word means) as an efficient method of communication. Efiiciency can often be overlooked as laziness. But thats another topic

Perhaps this should be included in the NO BS thread

NO I think I can JBW

(Just Blame Watts)

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho
What I find incongruous about Watts is that he's supposed to be in the top three quickest at the club but you'd be forgiven for thinking he's in the top 3 slowest.Is it a lack of confidence? Does he try so hard to avoid body contact that he goes to spaces that offer him less opportunity to take the game on?I don't know but hr needs a minimum 25% increase in output this season. There is no halo on this player anymore. Must find another gear or find himself on the fringe.

I think it's been too long since you've seen him play, so you're just making up things in your head.

This isn't the case with watts at all.

He does often stop and prop before making a move, much in the vein of Pendlebury, but that's the point guard in him.

• Like 2

That's crazy talk. You are just like the media vultures who demand he plays a higher standard than everyone else.

He finished 16th in the BnF despite missing 7 games.

His 18.5 disposals a game was the third best average at the club behind Jones and Grimes.

His supercoach average was 3rd at the club, his dreamteam 9th.

At the start of 2012, he had just turned 21, meaning he is a good 3-5 years away from his best football.

If you think he is anywhere near the fringe of the side you have no idea about football, simple as that

• Like 3

My favourite acronym (referenced an another thread) not listed here is TLA

It is of course the perfect tuatology as it is the three letter acronym for Three Letter Acronym.

Much favoured in the 80's and 90's business colleges ther TLA was almost made redundant by the FLA (Four Letter Acronym) and for those really modern and important occasions the 5 letter acronym. Of course SLA's (6&7) were given even greater significance if they could be constructed into a legitimate word, with additional credit when the word was either tautologous to the phrase or more significantly totally opposite to the phrase.

I cannot recount any but they were much loved in the highest levels of management obscurity.

It was perhaps significant that a new generation has adopted the acronym (although most do not know what that word means) as an efficient method of communication. Efiiciency can often be overlooked as laziness. But thats another topic

Perhaps this should be included in the NO BS thread

NO I think I can JBW

(Just Blame Watts)

too true

i think the TLA should now be re-architected as the the 3LA to distinguish it from the now common 2LA

nevertheless some will still think it a new radio station, YCWTA

I think it's been too long since you've seen him play, so you're just making up things in your head.

This isn't the case with watts at all.

He does often stop and prop before making a move, much in the vein of Pendlebury, but that's the point guard in him.

You must be joking, fancy putting Watts and Pendlebury in in the same sentence, the guy stops and props because his scared of body contact, just like Morton was.

The holiday's done you no good at all.

Get real, the kids going to be a champion.

We didn't even bother starting a poll about which thread Range Rover would choose to resurface in, it was too obvious.

The holiday's done you no good at all.

Get real, the kids going to be a champion.

We didn't even bother starting a poll about which thread Range Rover would choose to resurface in, it was too obvious.

Well Rangey. It just goes to show how temporary a concept fame and love is on Demonland. One moment a rooster - the next a featherduster.

• Like 1

There is no player i would prefer with the ball in his hands, that i can absolutely count on to make the right decision than Watts.

Watts might be quick but he doesn't use his speed, especially in the first five metres.

I think there is a lot of unfounded criticism given to Watts, but on this I think you are right. When he does start taking advantage of his physical assets added to his kicking and decision making he will be a player.