Dayle Garlett

Guest NoMoreMrNiceGuy

So Bomber Thompson with his pathetic two flags at Geelong and Hird with his stinking premeirships and forgettable Brownlow medal reckon Garlett's worth a look at but us superstar, perennially challenging Demons shouldn't give him the time of day?

Get real people.

For one they haven't taken him yet and for another these are the same genius's that thought they could fast track physical development of a young team and destroyed them last season. Michael Voss with 3 flags also took his team apart with poor trading a couple of years ago, they may now be slowly recovering.

• Like 1

So Bomber Thompson with his pathetic two flags at Geelong and Hird with his stinking premeirships and forgettable Brownlow medal reckon Garlett's worth a look at but us superstar, perennially challenging Demons shouldn't give him the time of day?

Get real people.

They might think so? Perhaps memories of Andrew Lovett have already faded? We on the other hand should have very fresh memories of failed footballers for a plethora of reasons to be fair but why bring in a bloke who has let all his failings hang out there and is just an accident waiting to happen to bring more despair on a fragile, developing culture, team mates, coaches, supporters and sponsors.

If I was Neeld;

MN: Dayle, we admire your talent, we just question your committment. Are you willing to commit as much as the other blokes like Jones, Trengove ect?

DG: Shityeah boss. Give me a chance, I wont let you down.

MN: Ok, but due to your reputation, we will be keeping a close eye on you.

DG; I just want to play on the big stage.

MN: We want that aswell, but firstly you need to be fit enough, and secondly, you need to follow the team gameplan and be footy dicipline.

DG: No probs boss. Lets go.

MN: Ok, due to you enormous talent, we will give you the opportunity to see if you are made of the right stuff. Good luck, you are now a Demon!

If I was Neeld;

MN: Dayle, we admire your talent, we just question your committment. Are you willing to commit as much as the other blokes like Jones, Trengove ect?

DG: Shityeah boss. Give me a chance, I wont let you down.

MN: Ok, but due to your reputation, we will be keeping a close eye on you.

DG; I just want to play on the big stage.

MN: We want that aswell, but firstly you need to be fit enough, and secondly, you need to follow the team gameplan and be footy dicipline.

DG: No probs boss. Lets go.

MN: Ok, due to you enormous talent, we will give you the opportunity to see if you are made of the right stuff. Good luck, you are now a Demon!

What enormous talent, due to your potential talent we will put our program at risk of being derailed like it was in 2012 because we admire potential talent so much and realise that Barassi never knew what he was talking about.

Get real people.

Get real people ?

I think your the one that should take that advice

If the Bombers want to take a chance on a obvious football talent with questionable ethics, character or whatever else you deem is an appropriate term then who cares

This is a TEAM SPORT not tennis where you get the likes of Nastasie , Connors , McEnroe or our latest PITA Tomic

You are one of those who looks at football as something that happens for 100 minutes once a week and is blind the rest of the time

You certainly have issues if you think Hird was undeserving

I have never seen a better Bomber since Hutchison , Reynolds and Coleman not that you would know who they were

Guest José Mourinho

However, speaking at the club's training camp on the Gold Coast, Hird said the Bombers would give Garlett an opportunity next week.

"I've never met Dayle, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes," Hird said.

"With someone like Dayle, no doubt there's a lot of talent there and the way he plays his football excites everyone.

"We've just got to figure out whether someone like Dayle fits our group. You make decisions on players about the way they play, but also how they fit in your group, so we'll be pretty keen to assess how he adjusts in that week."

Exactly bloody right. If we don't select Garlett, it seems Hird has more common sense than our whole FD put together. Remember, we can delist him at any moment. 1day if we have too.

I can see it happening, he will be a friggin star.

Let a more mature Sylvia nuture him, and show him what he can and cant get away with. Sylvia knows the tricks by now. Garlett will not be Grimes, but if he can hold it together like Sylvia, I will be pleased.

Stop it!

You're killing me!!!

Hilarious...

• Like 3

Neeld's trying to develop a solid culture. Somebody who posts pictures of himself drinking and smoking the night before a draft, and then posts another picture of himself "cooked" after telling people he is going to get serious is not somebody that will help develop the solid culture Neeld is striving to create.

Talk about it all you want, but as much as you may think he would be a good pick up, there is a 0% chance that we will take him.

just to get some facts straight, that photo was posted 3 months ago (hence the 12w in the corner of the photo)

for all we know he is trying, im sure we will be looking at all options, even do some interviews and see what happens. if neeld decides no, then fair enough, if we have a rol of the dice ten he could be anything!

My god you are clueless...

No, i just go out and do other things rather then spending all day trying to understand processes to a tee so i can make smartass keyboard hero posts on fellow supporters.

Grow up mate.

just to get some facts straight, that photo was posted 3 months ago (hence the 12w in the corner of the photo)

for all we know he is trying, im sure we will be looking at all options, even do some interviews and see what happens. if neeld decides no, then fair enough, if we have a rol of the dice ten he could be anything!

Regardless of when it was posted, common sense should dictate that it is moronic to post such things if you're hoping to be drafted. Good for him if he says he's trying, but I don't want someone like him at the MFC, and I'd bet everything that I've got that Neeld & Co don't want him either.

With the MFC recruits this year Neeld spoke about targeting strong successful characters, its easier to see Garlett's character is flawed to a certain extent, he is young if you want an excuse, but its there clear as day why we (and 16 other Clubs) didn't select him.

Good luck to Bummers if they can sort him out.

He is still a kid, smoking, drinking, drugs sex and rock'n'roll. Who cares ...

I do.

A long and successful career in the AFL requires a professional, committed athlete. This stuff about "just being a kid" is rubbish. There are dozens of hard-working, mature 18-year-olds who aren't trouble and who deserve to be selected ahead of one that thinks natural talent on the field is all that they need to get ahead, and they can be totally unprofessional at other times.

I fully support a "no d**kheads" policy. It's served the current premiers well. I would have thought we would learn from the history of players like Fevola, Lovett, Connors, Angwin, Carroll and a host of other irresponsibles that their influence on club culture is an overall negative.

The issue is probably moot, because we have a full list, and therefore don't have a PSD pick. I'd be very reticent to give Garlett a contract to our senior player list because he can't prove commitment and acceptance of culture at an AFL club. Rookie at best if he wants a chance to prove himself, but he probably won't fall that far.

• Like 2

Garlett will end up being the one that got away.

He is a player that we really need, a gifted forward goalkicker able to play in the middle.

We can at least interview him.

Its like many of you want a blue collar team ONLY.

The one that got away? Every club passed on him, so i dont know why he'd be the one that got away for us more than any other club?

Lets be honest, there are players with his talent and goal scoring nouse that come along every year. I dont have a problem waiting unti future drafts to get a talented small forward who isnt a head case

I do.

A long and successful career in the AFL requires a professional, committed athlete. This stuff about "just being a kid" is rubbish. There are dozens of hard-working, mature 18-year-olds who aren't trouble and who deserve to be selected ahead of one that thinks natural talent on the field is all that they need to get ahead, and they can be totally unprofessional at other times.

You can't buy this fellas natural gift. Actually, you can scour the land and rarely even find it.

We can take the challenge of nuturing, which may be, the most natuarlly gifted footballer on our list. If it dosnt work, quick delist.

Easy done.

The up-side is monumental, in the scale of B.Franklin or Cyril, the downside is a quick delist.

Its a no-brainer.

Edited by tonatopia

You can't buy this fellas natural gift. Actually, you can scour the land and rarely even find it.

We can take the challenge of nuturing, which may be, the most natuarlly gifted footballer on our list. If it dosnt work, quick delist.

Easy done.

The up-side is monumental, in the scale of B.Franklin or Cyril, the downside is a quick delist.

Its a no-brainer.

You do know that cancer spreads yeah?

So we take the risk and draft him, he plays up badly within 6 months and we delist him mid year. Not only are we then wasting a spot on our list but we've also ran the risk of Garlett's attitude, company, outlook rub off and effect a Hogan or Barry, Kent, Toumpas etc... And then we've got problems with other players.

No way is he worth the risk, the fact that 17 other clubs overlooked a top 10 draft talent like him says it all. If we weren't willing to draft him at Pick 48, then he isn't worth a rookie spot.

• Like 1