THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

Not so sure that's the reason. I suspect it's published as "Fairfax" instead of "The Age" to simplify syndication into other Fairfax publications (in print and online).

My point is she is the investigative journalist doing her own piece. Whether she uses 'Fairfax' or 'The Age' as you put it allows her room to move if confronted - as Buckley has done.

I have fully serviced the Rack with a good dose of WD40 she is working most efficiently & back to her old self i must say.

Wouldn't it be great if both the MFC & The Filth took Ms Wilson to court. I am sure between these 2 iconic clubs we could mount an excellent case for defamation etc....she better hope her sources are right on both fronts...

Translation: Caroline Wilson could not find one senior person at Collingwood this week prepared to defend Swan.

Yet Nathan Buckley states, "Still waiting for your call Caroline..." on his twitter - as reported in numerous articles today.

To make the claim that “Fairfax Media could not find one senior person at Collingwood this week prepared to defend Swan” when Swan’s coach was not contacted shows how disingenuous her reporting has become.

The McCarthy comments are just vile.

• Like 1

I have just re read Wilson's articles from today...Heavy stuff either way. She has really staked a lot on this one.

I just don't know how you can expect all AFL players to be good litlle boys in their off season when they have been good little boys through the season and worked bloody hard.

Some players will let off steam with with drugs. Some won't.

Putting a full size picture of Swan on the front page of the sports section is a bit rich.

YES! finally offended biffo

I can't handle the cut and thrust of the Demonland forum anymore.

I'm going to throw my life down the toilet by picking up an Ice pipe and going for a job at The AGE.

• Like 2

I can't handle the cut and thrust of the Demonland forum anymore.

I'm going to throw my life down the toilet by picking up an Ice pipe and going for a job at The AGE.

by getting a job at the Age wouldn't that mean that you would then need to go through the demonland forum even more for some new hot stories?

I have just re read Wilson's articles from today...Heavy stuff either way. She has really staked a lot on this one.

I just don't know how you can expect all AFL players to be good litlle boys in their off season when they have been good little boys through the season and worked bloody hard.

Some players will let off steam with with drugs. Some won't.

Putting a full size picture of Swan on the front page of the sports section is a bit rich.

With Pert stating himself, ahead of this furore, I wonder if it's Collingwood &/or the AFL trying to get a player to clean up his act, via media intimidation.

I don't think,,, it was Caro who started the talk. I think it was Pert who kicked things off the day before Caro.

• Like 1

by getting a job at the Age wouldn't that mean that you would then need to go through the demonland forum even more for some new hot stories?

I've been to a few AGE parties over the years and lets just say if they drug tested the Journos they would find some individuals that defy Science. I contacted some fairfax staff about this for my new job but they didn't reply .
  • Like 4

ha Robinson...what an alternative. His radio spots are laughable...slurs every 3rd word...

I quite like Robbo and I think the reason is that as hard as I try I just cant take him seriously - there is something quite comic about him.

Even when he does start to say something with a straight face and full of importance I expect any moment him to stop and break into that huge ridiculous grin and say "only shittin' ya".

I quite like Robbo and I think the reason is that as hard as I try I just cant take him seriously - there is something quite comic about him.

Even when he does start to say something with a straight face and full of importance I expect any moment him to stop and break into that huge ridiculous grin and say "only shittin' ya".

yes exactly... He is continually "topping up" as far as i can tell...Chief Football Writer...after what he did to Terry Wallace he should have been fired on the spot.

I have no doubt this story has legs

I'm not sure about that in so far as it is really just gossip. Perhaps its got legs in terms of being a good tid bit but its of no real interset outside of a gossip column. Footy players using recreational drugs? Woopdy doo. I could care less. Gossip pure and simple that adds nothing to dialogue about footy.

To me i suspect this is more evidence of a pretty dramatic shift at the Age to really sleaszy tabloid style puff. Its not just in sports, have a squiz at how they are reporting elements of the Gillard union story. Only Gratten can hold her head high in the reporting of that story at the age.

This story by Wilson obviously cleared the editing process and i would assume she has been encouraged to go down the sensationalist road - any attention is good attention rule. No better than Paparazzi style rubbish And the story has got some media play.

But its amazing, CW seems to sabotaging her reputation as a serious journalist. As Fan has pointed out she has good sources and therefore knows scuttlebutt But these sources will dry up quick smart with the sort of muck raking palaver she has been serving up of late.

Once she loses her sources what will be left? Nada, zip.

• Like 1

To me i suspect this is more evidence of a pretty dramatic shift at the Age to really sleaszy tabloid style puff. Its not just in sports, have a squiz at how they are reporting elements of the Gillard union story. Only Gratten can hold her head high in the reporting of that story at the age.

this ^^^

I refuse to subscribe or buy the paper even when offered at bargain basement discount prices.

There was some talk earlier this year that CW was going to take the senior footy writer position at the Hun. Perhaps after considering her the Hun owners thought their paper was too high brow for her.

• Like 1

Shes become a bit of a joke now .

I dont think shes got any cred whatsoever.

He "sources" are feeding her rubbish which she prints and then cops refutation ,denial and back-handers from the teams she slags.

Cant see her winning a Walkley any time soon .

I don't think you can call BigFooty a source.

There was some talk earlier this year that CW was going to take the senior footy writer position at the Hun. Perhaps after considering her the Hun owners thought their paper was too high brow for her.

Her recent emotive sensationalist views may have cost her Robbo's new position.

The Hun as I understand, wouldn't take it lightly when Emma Quayle beat her to the punch on the award winning Crows story.

Caro as the chief - allegedly reminded Emma of her Draft duties - and swiftly took over the Crows salary cap breach proceedings after having been up to her neck in looking at 3/4 time footage of Rd 19, 2009 to see who was revving who up in the huddle.

I think that is a disgusting and pathetic thing to do, quite frankly.

• Like 1

I installed some strong protection for my computer and logged onto the filth site to see what they had to say, and was amazed how many were going 'probably' re Swan... does anyone else check out the opposition forums? BTW they must have strong dirt on Swan put that picture of powder in the shape of a field over his image is pulling no punches at all. still think she is a troll though. I wonder how Flanagan gets on with her? I miss his articles.

Ironic that her husband has just tweeted as follows: "Best ice in Melbourne" and includes a photo.

http://t.co/gqEaLyPB

(Apologies if the link doesn't work. I've never copied a tweet before)

Link works ........... great pick up - classic

Translation: Caroline Wilson could not find one single person at Collingwood this week prepared to even talk to her

Now we are getting close to the truth......

Good call.

The toxicology report is / was done, but the results not released. Even if she does know what was in it, it was unnecessary to bring JM into it - it added nothing to the story.

878 words and she couldn't find room for a single sentence about Dustin Martin, but had no qualms slurring the recently-deceased McCarthy by implication.

Poor form.

You are right. The reference to JM was completely out of line. It would not be inappropriate for the AFL to pull her up on that one : talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

I have fully serviced the Rack with a good dose of WD40 she is working most efficiently & back to her old self i must say.

Wouldn't it be great if both the MFC & The Filth took Ms Wilson to court. I am sure between these 2 iconic clubs we could mount an excellent case for defamation etc....she better hope her sources are right on both fronts...

I actually like the idea............

Link works ........... great pick up - classic

Now we are getting close to the truth......

You are right. The reference to JM was completely out of line. It would not be inappropriate for the AFL to pull her up on that one : talk about bringing the game into disrepute!

I actually like the idea............

No chance. As with any major media outlet, any commentary, report or article, they are well and truly "legalled" before going public. While she may think she is above scrutiny, she would not write such stories, until the legal department cleared it.

However, your sentiments are shared by me.

No chance. As with any major media outlet, any commentary, report or article, they are well and truly "legalled" before going public. While she may think she is above scrutiny, she would not write such stories, until the legal department cleared it.

However, your sentiments are shared by me.

I know you are right (but give me 2 lawyers and I'll give you 2 opinions!!)

Still this is about the sentiments - on which we both agree

You know what the funny thing is. The stupid morons who are abusing her on twitter to the account they think its hers. Im guessing the majority of them are pies fans. But hate to tell you its not her.

So someone out their has decided to win the Guinness Book Of Records' "Most abuses in one place Award" by opening a Twitter Account in the name of Caroline Wilson? Smart move if spelling mistakes, expletives and the odd decayed tooth are allowed.