THE WILSON FILE - the arrogance at the heart of the innuendo

Whispering_Jack

I Hope she starts something about Richmond's TANKING.

CARO your hate for the MFC is clear and my hate for your fairytale story's is equal.

MFC SHOULD NEVER TALK TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU AGAIN.

GROW UP CARO.

THE AGE HEADLINE FOR NEXT WEEK The-Age.jpg

SCHWAB & CONNOLLY TANKING CARO FOR LAWSUIT WIN

2 MILLION IN DAMAGES

Wilson does not have a twitter account!

It needs to be said again, lest more look foolish.

What does it matter if this is a fake site - as it almost certainly is?

It has a lot of followers - maybe even the real CW.

Spoof sites can be very valuable if used correctly in a PR sense.

They let you focus on a particular issue and like a good satire, they let you make a very strong point without the agro that goes with being direct.

As there are journos who follow the Carowhine Twitter some well placed tweets - like those sent by Demonland - will get to her.

If she makes a song and dance about the Twitter account it could open her up to ridicule and provide a reason to make her fess up to what she's been doing.

• Like 2

It's some [censored] going for laughs impersonating someone.

What does it matter?

It matters if the [censored] says something that we react to, which happened a couple days ago.

I don't care if journos are 'following' it out of ignorance or malevolence I am just saying that anyone who thinks this account is Caroline Wilson they are mistaken.

What does it matter?

It matters if the [censored] says something that we react to, which happened a couple days ago.

I don't care if journos are 'following' it out of ignorance or malevolence I am just saying that anyone who thinks this account is Caroline Wilson they are mistaken.

You miss my point - never mind.

In lots of ways Social Media doesn't work like traditional media.

Look how many international advertisers such as beer companies and car companies (see the recent Opel campaign run through the MFC ) do things which seem to leave themselves wide open for abuse and ridicule, but in the end do a lot to reinforce their brand. Turning what a "[censored]" (your term) says about our club back on them is much easier on spoof pages. Anyway, the truth will hopefully come out in the next week or so and we can get on with making our club a great football club again.

Edited by BangkokDemon

What does it matter?

who cares if it is not her legit account...Wilson will know it exists, & i am sure she reads this site. So the message gets out.

This is what I mean when I refer to the damage done to the club by the media's treatment of the "tanking" story - Denis Pagan urges the AFL to go easy on Melbourne for tanking

FORMER Carlton coach Denis Pagan has urged the AFL to show restraint in penalising Melbourne for tanking, as the league's inaction on banning priority picks comes under fire.

---

Pagan yesterday said the league had to be careful in how it penalised the Demons, who are hopeful the league will have made no decision by the national draft.

Denis Pagan is a nice bloke and his sentiments about the AFL not going to hard on us over tanking are well and good but there's a heavy presumption of our guilt running throughout the story. The propaganda effect has won out and in the eyes of the world we're guilty of an offence before we've even been charged, seen the evidence or put our case.

Our jails would be brimming full if that sort of thing happened in society.

Worse thing. There'd be no lawyers because once somebody accuses you of something, you're automatically guilty. That sort of thing doesn't even happen in totalitarian societies where, at least they give defendants a show trial.

• Like 8

Totally agree WJ. Pagans comments are sickening really.

Lets be clear. The only acceptable outcome is one with no repercussions.

Anything else and the club needs to go to war.

• Like 3

Guest José Mourinho

Is CW on leave or something? Nothing since last week.

It's quiet... too quiet.

I'm hoping she's been reined in by the editor, following a flood of emails promising to boycott The Age whilst she remains.

4 of those from me.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I have never seen a journalist get caught out lying quite like this before!!

Ha ha, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

This is what I mean when I refer to the damage done to the club by the media's treatment of the "tanking" story - Denis Pagan urges the AFL to go easy on Melbourne for tanking

Denis Pagan is a nice bloke and his sentiments about the AFL not going to hard on us over tanking are well and good but there's a heavy presumption of our guilt running throughout the story. The propaganda effect has won out and in the eyes of the world we're guilty of an offence before we've even been charged, seen the evidence or put our case.

Worse thing. There'd be no lawyers because once somebody accuses you of something, you're automatically guilty. That sort of thing doesn't even happen in totalitarian societies where, at least they give defendants a show trial.

Love the last line of the article quoting Demetriou calling the media "absolutely disgraceful" for their suggesting of MFC Tanking.

Guest José Mourinho

It's basically:

- MFC tanked

- go easy on them

- MFC tanked

- MFC tanked

- Demetriou takes ridiculous position on tanking

A tried and tested formula.

• Like 2

I had to write a comment to the paper - what we have is a comment about going easy on a penalty to our club from someone who is out of the game before the investigation is finished, before the finding is handed down, before the MFC has had a chance to defend itself of any charges - if indeed charges will be laid at all.

Does my head in that it needs to be published at all.

• Like 2

I had to write a comment to the paper - what we have is a comment about going easy on a penalty to our club from someone who is out of the game before the investigation is finished, before the finding is handed down, before the MFC has had a chance to defend itself of any charges - if indeed charges will be laid at all.

Same here, couldn't resist having a shot back. FWIW

Not sure if this has been posted, but I have never seen a journalist get caught out lying quite like this before!!

[media=]

I love it when she visabily shifts uncomfortably in her seat when he starts to bring it up. She knows whats coming.

Then she tries to defend and then shift the arguement onto something else. Then Hutchy keeps her on topic and then she attempts to squirm out of it.

Absolute gold!

Seeing this just made my day a better one!

• Like 2

Its become A classic Strawman argument really.

We'll dipense with the facts and stated positions and go over here instead and make it up and then let everyone consider this or that scenario when in fact it has no standing.

its just bullsh!t !!

I love it when she visabily shifts uncomfortably in her seat when he starts to bring it up. She knows whats coming.

Then she tries to defend and then shift the arguement onto something else. Then Hutchy keeps her on topic and then she attempts to squirm out of it.

Absolute gold!

Seeing this just made my day a better one!

Hmm could be one for the Demonland pollsters...

Sociopath or Compulsive Liar?

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/lying-and-deception/confronting-a-partner/compulsive-lying/types-of-liars.html

'WJ', I think this is John Ralph's spin on what Dennis said. Having heard the interview I don't remember Dennis presuming any guilt at all, he was talking about the detrimental effect that losing draft picks would have on Melbourne and Adelaide if the AFL penalised the clubs.