Who the hell is responsible?

Soidee

Does this club survive on the premise of balancing the books or playing winning football as No 1 priority? Just about every successful business will take on debt in order to grow. For us to grow we have be playing good footy and then the financial rewards will come too. Not charity that we have become dependant upon.

"Dig up, stupid" - Chief Wiggum

A club survives on the premise of balancing the books. Survivial is the number 1 priority for most, which means a sustainable business. Not winning football.

You can't just "decide" to play good football. It all starts with a solid administration and financial position.

• Like 1

These guys were responsible for disastrous polices and strategies that in any reputable organisation private or government should have seen them sacked and disgraced. Having cultural revolutions to mask serious mistakes will only lead to even more disasters. The clean out should have started at the top and not the bottom. We remain damned until these necessary changes are made.

What do you like about the club? Go on, just for me, say something nice about someone or something.

• Like 1

The issue with the "everyone's fault but CS" line

Stop you right there. Didn't say that.

Nothing is black and white.

The truth is in nuance but none of the anti-Schwab & McLardy crew that pop-in from time to time have any desire to talk in nuance.

You can't debate fanatics.

How does a club get out of a $5 million debt.....Be able for the first time to get a FD that is on a par with the top sides......Without the solid working CEO and a board that can take the whole club forward......Yes Jim was the starter but without the smarts of the rest it would have faulted.......Just for the record.....Carlton has a 10 mil debt.......Richmond.....3 mil.......Coll......$4 mil

and don't get me started on the Lions....Port......West Coast......and the newbies........All journeys start at the begining....I back the board and the CEO to the hilt.......I have not seen the footy club in a better position for 20 years....

Facts. Gotta hate 'em.

• Like 2

I dont know anyone on the inside, have no special, secret information and the MFC "deep throat" did not whisper in my ear.

Here is my guess (yes - a guess)

Prior to the supposed sacking of CS he was sticking his nose into FD issues - and the board was not happy with this aspect of his management. I can't see how they could be anything but happy with his commercial efforts ( attracting ANY sponsors to the club with our current appeal is amazing in itself, debt reduction etc etc). At 186 elements wanted to sack both DB and CS but calmer heads said you cant heave ho both.

I "guess" that CS was told he can stay but limit his influence to admin and stay the hell away from footy - he has done that - everyone happy - nothing to see here - everyone move on.

Just a guess.

• Like 2

I dont know anyone on the inside, have no special, secret information and the MFC "deep throat" did not whisper in my ear.

Here is my guess (yes - a guess)

Prior to the supposed sacking of CS he was sticking his nose into FD issues - and the board was not happy with this aspect of his management. I can't see how they could be anything but happy with his commercial efforts ( attracting ANY sponsors to the club with our current appeal is amazing in itself, debt reduction etc etc). At 186 elements wanted to sack both DB and CS but calmer heads said you cant heave ho both.

I "guess" that CS was told he can stay but limit his influence to admin and stay the hell away from footy - he has done that - everyone happy - nothing to see here - everyone move on.

Just a guess.

Bingo.....

• 2 months later...

Just posted on 'ology..."I have it under good authority that Cameron Schwab will be sacked within 24hrs and a presser to be held shortly....My source comes from a players father who i work with. Watch this space......"

Just posted on 'ology..."I have it under good authority that Cameron Schwab will be sacked within 24hrs and a presser to be held shortly....My source comes from a players father who i work with. Watch this space......"

Whaaaaaa???

Really? I just took a look on 'ology and could see no such post. Last post was in a Denham on Watts thread and made no mention...and there are no other recent posts.

Big news if true but you would wonder why a player or players father would know.

Sacked on Saturday...i highly doubt, but like everyone i will be waiting to see how true this is.

Im sure someone(Fan?) on here predicted that if the AFL had already had an outcome for tanking engineered/planned; (i.e. sack CS OR CC) they might announce it on a date where another important sporting event was going to take place. Like the Australian Open, say, to move it off the front page.

Not to give credence to a rumour but it would fit that scenario.

Im sure someone(Fan?) on here predicted that if the AFL had already had an outcome for tanking engineered/planned; (i.e. sack CS OR CC) they might announce it on a date where another important sporting event was going to take place. Like the Australian Open, say, to move it off the front page.

Sounds like the sort of thing that will bring Caro racing back from holidays. She'll write exactly the same article whether its true or not!!

Player's father the source? Might not be a Melbourne player.............could be Brock McLean's father

The same fella posted the same thing on BigFooty.

No, the OP stated 'ology in error and actually meant Big Footy... this makes it, in my mind, carry far less weight...and as someone else already stated, how would a player know (let alone the player's father)?

Who would sack the CEO...The MFC or the AFL?

If it was an MFC Board decision i would i would expect the Board to step down as well, as it was them who extended CS tenure last year.

One in all in.

So i find the above statement hard to believe at this moment....

I am staggered that the MFC would chose to sack CS on the eve of our response to the 'tanking' saga unless it is something that they discussed before. If we had to have a sacrificial lamb why would it be our Chief Executive ahead of our General Manager-Club Development (CC)? It is far harder to replace a CE than CC's role, particularly when we have secured Neeld, Craig, Viney etc since 2009. After all CC's role is largely fabricated with the recruitment of the others and is further removed from involvement with the players than it was in 2009.

Who would sack the CEO...The MFC or the AFL?

If it was an MFC Board decision i would i would expect the Board to step down as well, as it was them who extended CS tenure last year.

One in all in.

So i find the above statement hard to believe at this moment....

It wouldn't be that AFL---yet. They have to wait for the responses to the 800 page document and then deliberate as to whether or not they are sufficient explanations. If they are not, then they may boot out CS.

Guest Spirit of 39
No, the OP stated 'ology in error and actually meant Big Footy... this makes it, in my mind, carry far less weight...and as someone else already stated, how would a player know (let alone the player's father)?

Why does someone posting on BF carry less weight than 'Ology? BF is first port of call for many passionate Dee supporters.

I'm sceptical about this info, but the poster has been around a while and is respected.

It wouldn't be that AFL---yet. They have to wait for the responses to the 800 page document and then deliberate as to whether or not they are sufficient explanations. If they are not, then they may boot out CS.

I don't think it's the AFL's right to sack anyone.......They do not employ CS...so how on earth can they sack him??????