Three players who you expect a BIG 2013 from ...

Guest Hulkamania

Guest Hulkamania

1) Jack Watts

Time to step up for this fella in his 5th season. Needs to go up not one but two notches in output and start influencing games of football. Needs to show more intensity, get to more contests, take more marks and show more leadership ... even if it does mostly occur in the backline. Has the tools to become All-Australian in 2013 ... but does he have the mindset and the will?

2) Jack Trengove

Disappointing 2012 from Trenners. Really disappointing. We paid out a number two draft pick for a kid who was touted as the next Mark Ricciuto out of SA. No more injury excuses or 'he's learning the defensive side of the game' quips. That won't cut it anymore. The Captain needs to step up, get the pill more and show the footballing public - and more importantly MFC supporters - what he's really capable of.

3) Mark Jamar

Let's face it, Russian hasn't fired a shot since being handed an AA guernsey two years ago. We need more from him. A lot more. With question marks still over Spencer, Martin and the injury-riddled Gawn, our new-look midfield group will be looking to him to provide the quality first use, agression guile we know he's capable of. C'mon Mark ... show us all why that juicy three-year contract was justified.

Who are your three players?

Blease - Big pre season running alongside Jones should set him up to go up a notch next year

Sylvia - I think he responds to the Neeld hardline approach rather than the Bailey do what you want approach as his second half of the year (injury interupted first half) was pretty solid. If he can do a full pre season and Neeld's no forgiveness for laziness this could be his year. We say this every year though!

Watts - Full season across half back, bigger , stronger and more confident could be a big year

Edited by demon destruction

Mitch Clark will be so hungry and as long as his foot heals 100% I expect a great year with support from Dawes.

Tom McDonald with a few more kgs of muscle will show more confidence which in-turn will help his clearance work from the back half.

Jack Trengove knows he's got the ability as do most of his supporters. Time to light the after-burners, Jack.

• Like 1

Sylvia!!. I (like most here) have predicted a breakout season for Col every year since he started. Got to get it right eventually. Using similar reasoning I also pick the same lotto numbers each week

Watts. Please, just to shut the media naysayers up for a while

Taggert. In the unlikely event that Sylvia doesn't step up, Taggert could be the next big thing

Trengove. He is really angry and disappointed about 2012 and I reckon he is bursting to show he is a bloody good footballer. B&F beckons.

Blease. His last 5 games of 2012 were outstanding and with another preseason, we will see a genuine superstar emerge.

Frawley. If our midfield improves even 20% and actually helps out with defensive pressure, Frawley will become Scarlett-like. He will have more freedom to run and set up attack for play makers like Watts, Trengove, Jones and Davey.

1) Jack Watts

Time to step up for this fella in his 5th season. Needs to go up not one but two notches in output and start influencing games of football. Needs to show more intensity, get to more contests, take more marks and show more leadership ... even if it does mostly occur in the backline. Has the tools to become All-Australian in 2013 ... but does he have the mindset and the will?

Think you're being a bit harsh on Watts mate. He's steadily improved every year, still nowhere near peak age, don't know why you expect him to all of a sudden be a superstar.

Guest Hulkamania

Think you're being a bit harsh on Watts mate. He's steadily improved every year, still nowhere near peak age, don't know why you expect him to all of a sudden be a superstar.

I expect our number 1 draft pick to start exerting a real influence in games of football in his 5th year. If you're happy with what he's produced so far then you're too easily pleased.

Raise the bar.

• Like 1

I expect our number 1 draft pick to start exerting a real influence in games of football in his 5th year. If you're happy with what he's produced so far then you're too easily pleased.

Raise the bar.

Hook, line, and sinker.... Welcome back Range Rover.

Guest Hulkamania

Hook, line, and sinker.... Welcome back Range Rover.

This is the second time someone has said this to me. Haven't got the foggiest what it means.

This is the second time someone has said this to me. Haven't got the foggiest what it means.

Sure you don't mate. You've started threads that are basically polls without actually using a poll, you don't like Watts, and you sound the same as always.

I do like your new name a lot better though.

• Like 2

Watts - He finally clicked against the bombers and showed the world what he can do. He knows exactly how to get results now. An injury-free pre-season will set him up nicely and he should dominate off half back.

Clark - I think people have forgotten just how impressive he was before his injury. The addition of Dawes and Byrnes to the forward line (and Rodan in bursts) wll take some of the pressure off and free him up to be more dominant.

Trengove - Struggled this year to find a balance. He tried too hard to do the team acts and 1%ers while sacrificing his offensive game. Towards the end of the season he was playing a much more balanced game, still doing the hard things, but also attacking the ball and impacting games more directly. Was right up there in a number of stats this year and should improve further.