FAREWELL CALE MORTON

stuie

It's very clear to me now what Neeld is doing.

He wants hard strong bodied midfielders that train hard and are hard to play against.

If you dont have a big body then you better be quick , a great runner or very skilled.

The plan also needs big bodied forwards and some clever crumbers.

It's pretty clear to me now.

Morton and Gysberts didn't fit into this. Apparently Gysberts application preseason was dismal, and Morton will always be beaten by a strong body.

Keep the faith.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 2

This si the thing that worries me the most - are we behind the 8-ball again? I want our coach to be innovative not just copy something that worked for someone else 3 seasons ago. In 2012 3 of the top 4 teams played a highly skilled kicking game slicing through the zone/press with short accurate kicks. Kicking long to the boundary was made redundant and is too easy to defend against.

I have doubts also, but I am keeping the faith and certainly won't dismiss this approach until I've seen it. I'd much rather play like Geelong to be honest - there is no way to beat them in full flight, gameplans and all.

• Like 1

we have lost the plot...

pick 88??? what is the use of that. we wont use it and wont pass it on in trade

Grumble

that is two trades today that pisses me off

1) He was contracted so we couldn't just delist him.

2) We want extra spots on the list.

3) He obviously wants out and wants to go home to WA.

4) We have to have "something" in the trade paperwork for Ken Wood to sign off otherwise the AFL won't approve the trade.

If we could have we probably would have just delisted him.

• Like 1

Lets put all of our talented, underperforming players into the too hard basket and ship them off to other clubs for trinkets and baubles.

Lets not put any work into developing any young players on our list, even though most of them have shown plenty of ability at one time or another.

Lets bring in a bunch of Z-graders to ensure that we are competitive next year and that Neeld keeps his job. God forbid we might have another 4-18 season next year, but actually do something to move us closer to a premiership.

Let's just be negative at every turn. These guys have had their chance. They have held back the development of the team and now it's time to start afresh.

Go Dees!

• Like 2

we have lost the plot...

pick 88??? what is the use of that. we wont use it and wont pass it on in trade

Grumble

that is two trades today that pisses me off

Could not agree more - absolutely pathetic trades - pick 88 FFS !

And let's remember - Pederson played 2 games this year - 2 GAMES ! And we let Rivers walk ... plot lost !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

PREGAME: Rd 17 vs West Coast

The Demons return to Melbourne in Round 17 to take on the Eagles on Sunday as they look to bounce back from a devastating and heartbreaking last minute loss to the Lions at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 26

PODCAST: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 1st July @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the Gabba against the Lions in the Round 16. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 15

VOTES: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

Captain Max Gawn has a considerable lead over the injured reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 24

POSTGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons once again went goalless in the last quarter and were run down by the Lions at the Gabba in the final minutes of the match ultimately losing the game by 5 points as their percentage dips below 100 for the first time since 2020. 

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 412

GAMEDAY: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

It's Game Day and the Dees are deep in the heart of enemy territory as they take on the Lions in Brisbane under the Friday Night Lights at the Gabba. Will the Demon finally be awakened and the season get back on track or will they meekly be sacrificed like lambs to the slaughter?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 920

UNBACKABLE by The Oracle

They’re billing the Brisbane Lions as a sleeping giant — the best team outside the top eight —and based on their form this month they’re a definite contender for September AFL action. Which is not exactly the best of news if you happen to be Melbourne, the visiting team this week up at the Gabba.  Even though they are placed ahead of their opponent on the AFL table, and they managed to stave off defeat in their last round victory over North Melbourne, this week’s visitors to the Sunshi

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

WILDCARDS by KC from Casey

Casey’s season continued to drift into helplessness on Sunday when they lost another home game by a narrow margin, this time six points, in their Round 13 clash with North Melbourne’s VFL combination. The game was in stunning contrast to their last meeting at the same venue when Casey won the VFL Wildcard Match by 101 points. Back then, their standout players were Brodie Grundy and James Jordon who are starring in the AFL with ladder leaders, the Sydney Swans (it turned out to be their last

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

LIFE SUPPORT by Whispering Jack

With Melbourne’s season hanging on a thread, Saturday night’s game against North Melbourne unfolded like a scene in a hospital emergency department.  The patient presented to the ward in a bad way. Doctors and nurses pumped life-saving medication into his body and, in the ensuing half hour, he responded with blood returning to his cheeks as he stirred back to life. After a slight relapse, the nurses pumped further medication into the bloodstream and the prognosis started looking good as the

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 19

PREGAME: Rd 16 vs Brisbane

The Demons head back on the road for their fifth interstate trip this season when they head up to Brisbane to take on the Lions under lights on Friday night at the Gabba. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 381
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!