WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - CHRIS DAWES

Byrnes Clarke Sylvia

Howe. Dawes. Pederson

Blease. Viney. Toumpas

Davey. MacDonald Watts

Garland. Frawley. Grimes

Gawn Trengove Jones

Inter Tapscott, Stringer Wines Fitzpatrick

I would be very happy with this ...and very possible.

• Like 2

didn't mike sheahan retire?

Must be in the same retirement village as Johnny Farnham.
  • Like 2

Byrnes Clarke Sylvia

Howe Dawes Pederson

Blease Viney Toumpas

Davey MacDonald Watts

Garland Frawley Grimes

Gawn Trengove Jones

Inter Tapscott, Stringer Wines Fitzpatrick

I would be very happy with this ...and very possible.

Where's Jamar? Haven't we just employed him for three years?

When we picked up Clark every announcer had there opinion that he was not worth the money and would not bring anything to Melbourne.

I do agree we may have spent a little bit more that what he is worth but he was the only tall forward available at the time and Melbourne did what they had to do to get him which I applaud them for that.

After the half a season he played for us a lot of the critics changed there view on Clarky.

With out Mitch Clark we have No Forward line, we need a player like Dawes.

Yes, we do need another big forward. Perhaps one like Dawes, even.The thing that worries me is that Collingwood have 'recruited' 28 (or is it 29) years old Lynch to replace a much younger Dawes. Warning bells are sounding here.And then Eddie will want and expect and probably get huge compensation for Dawes, who has effectively been sacked. Is Dawes really worth pick 13 (or better)?

Yes, we do need another big forward. Perhaps one like Dawes, even.The thing that worries me is that Collingwood have 'recruited' 28 (or is it 29) years old Lynch to replace a much younger Dawes. Warning bells are sounding here.And then Eddie will want and expect and probably get huge compensation for Dawes, who has effectively been sacked. Is Dawes really worth pick 13 (or better)?

Or, you could stop and use some reality, and realise that one of Collingwood's biggest weaknesses is that when Jolly needs a rest, they have to ruck Dawes. Who isn't a ruckman. So they've gone and got themselves someone to play the Leigh Brown role, which helped them win a flag in 2010.

They're not directly replacing Dawes with Lynch. They need someone to ruck. If we take Dawes, we don't need him to ruck.

• Like 4

Or, you could stop and use some reality, and realise that one of Collingwood's biggest weaknesses is that when Jolly needs a rest, they have to ruck Dawes. Who isn't a ruckman. So they've gone and got themselves someone to play the Leigh Brown role, which helped them win a flag in 2010.

They're not directly replacing Dawes with Lynch. They need someone to ruck. If we take Dawes, we don't need him to ruck.

Well TU, I bow to your superior knowledge of the situation. However, when Collingwood won the flag in 2010 didn't they have Cloke and Dawes up forward with Brown as the second ruck? If this is the case, then wouldn't Lynch really be the replacement for Brown?My point still remains, Lynch is 4 or 5 years older than Dawes so Collingwood obviously believe that Dawes' best football is behind him. If we can get him 'cheaply' then do so, but paying over the top would be unwise in my opinion.

So they've gone and got themselves someone to play the Leigh Brown role, which helped them win a flag in 2010.

If this is the case, then wouldn't Lynch really be the replacement for Brown?

...? What?

Just a q

All the whiles it's been mooted,not by us but the club, that the likes of P13 might likely be used for a decent est player.

Consensus suggests Dawes isn't a 13 nor would Pedersen; so whom ?

Or would we get change ?

That's what I thought - a rebuild of their 2010 forward structure - but it appears not to be the case. As I read it, Dawes spoke with Buckley and after this decided to investigate his options. If they were reinventing their wheel you'd have thought Dawes would have been reassured, not seeking a release.

Funny really considering we actually HAVE Leigh Brown !!!! Lol

The Swans didn't pick up any old recycled player that was wanting a trade, they picked up what was needed to fill a specific purpose. I don't think We should grab Dawes just because we can. I don't think he's what we need

You may not rate him, but you don't think we need a big key forward to complement Clark ?

• Like 3

Well TU, I bow to your superior knowledge of the situation. However, when Collingwood won the flag in 2010 didn't they have Cloke and Dawes up forward with Brown as the second ruck? If this is the case, then wouldn't Lynch really be the replacement for Brown?My point still remains, Lynch is 4 or 5 years older than Dawes so Collingwood obviously believe that Dawes' best football is behind him. If we can get him 'cheaply' then do so, but paying over the top would be unwise in my opinion.

Dawes is fighting for a position with Jackson Paine not Lynch and Collingwod see him, Paine, ahead of Dawes at the moment.

It was obvious that he had lost his prowess as a journo when he sat mouth agape in front of Brock McLean and failed to question him on his true motives for leaving Melbourne. No self respecting journo would ever allow someone to make the claim that he left a club because of tanking, pardon me, experimenting and then accept the fact that he went to Carlton of all clubs.

Mind you, it's got the better of the AFL and their investigations officers for a while too.

Why does Dawes find it so difficult to take marks? Did he have some sort of surgery to his hand & eye???

A Collingwood mate of mine said he hand injury last year (split webbing?) and has struggled with his marking ever since.

I'm sure that if we are making approaches to him (and any other player) that we also arrange the appropriate medical testing and that we're absolutely sure about his fitness including his capacity to take marks in the future.

Dawes is no good and will be no good at Melbourne. Praying that this doesn't come to fruition.

He wouldn't have got a game at MFC this year? He wouldn't get a game next year?

Who are we playing as the second tall forward ahead of him?

I think that Neeld and Brown are in the best position to judge his relative merits.

• Like 3

You may not rate him, but you don't think we need a big key forward to complement Clark ?

we require a big forward yes but not any guy with a big body. If all we are looking for is a gorilla lets get Billy Brownless to sit on our CHF. I'm saying lets get the best big body we can find.

Pick 13 could be used on a undevaleped player like cook that will never get a game and then get delisted 2years later

Or

We could use it on a already developed forward which has finel experience which we need.

We all know how hard these types of key player are to develop. Look at watts, everybody said when he was in the draft he was born to play forward.I'm not saying he will never get there but it look like he wont be that type of player for another 2 or 3 seasons and he was at pick 1.

So know what would you prefer, a player out of the draft at pick13 that might take 6 seasons to develope if he even makes it that far or trade pick 13 for an already developed key player.

I know who I would pick.

• Like 1

Guest neeldstherealdeal

Pick 13 could be used on a undevaleped player like cook that will never get a game and then get delisted 2years later

Or

We could use it on a already developed forward which has finel experience which we need.

We all know how hard these types of key player are to develop. Look at watts, everybody said when he was in the draft he was born to play forward.I'm not saying he will never get there but it look like he wont be that type of player for another 2 or 3 seasons and he was at pick 1.

So know what would you prefer, a player out of the draft at pick13 that might take 6 seasons to develope if he even makes it that far or trade pick 13 for an already developed key player.

I know who I would pick.

The last ten "Pick 13's"

2002 - Byron Schammer (Fre)

2003 - Brent Stanton (Ess)

2004 - Matthew Bate (Melb)

2005 - Shannon Hurn (WC)

2006 - Jack Riewoldt (Rich)

2007 - Brad Ebert (Port)

2008 - Tom Lynch (Stk)

2009 - Daniel Talia (Ade)

2010 - Seb Tape (GC)

2011 - Taylor Adams (GWS)

Bit of a mixed bag but you're roughly a 60-70% chance to land a quality player at that pick.

Then again if you're us those odds probably go down to 20-30%.