Is your support of the MFC unconditional ?

Hannibal

Come hell or high water  

235 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You mean we still have one left dee-luded?

must be moth eaten cheese cloth by now.

Lets hope the people at the top have an ability to be Self Analytical, to see where the club has made its mistakes a the top Level for generations.

So many Coaches & Assistants have passed thru our doors, & CEO's, they're not all blind to the truth.

But yet we still find ways to undo ourselves. Hard honest talk isn't the curse, the lack of it is.

WOW, I think they new about hard times immediately before they're growth spurt.

I haven't read they're History bit have the impression they were soft targets up to the mid 60's?

Pretty sure the vast majority of their supporters were born well after that and those that suffered from 1925-1961 have well and truly left this mortal coil for the most part.

No so sure about that Dr.

I know a few still going well.

No doubt there is, but when you go to a Hawthorn the vast majority of their supporters are between ages 0-40 and wouldn't have any idea what its like to support a team like MFC with only 2 GF thrashings in the last 50 years compared to their 10 flags.

No doubt there is, but when you go to a Hawthorn the vast majority of their supporters are between ages 0-40 and wouldn't have any idea what its like to support a team like MFC with only 2 GF thrashings in the last 50 years compared to their 10 flags.

Probably correct Dr.

The sad part is one of our thrashings was by the Hawks.

I find it hard to blame Hawks supporters for their arrogant attitude.

I wish like hell we had a quarter of the reasons they have.

As they say winners are grinner's and the rest can please themselves.

Hawthorn became a top side because John Kennedy became sick of being thrashed by Norm Smith's Melbourne in the 50's.

They were good mates.

Time we learnt from them.

Edited by why you little

Pretty sure the vast majority of their supporters were born well after that and those that suffered from 1925-1961 have well and truly left this mortal coil for the most part.

So the Hawks & the Blues & North have Pilfered our people since the 60's!

This has got to stop.

But are we tough enough to stop Car'ton, Poos 'n' wees, & the rest ?

Did a search for thread on the membership survey and couldn't find one so here's a good place to post without starting a thread I guess.

I'm an interstate member only, and only got to the QB's game against the filth with me mum and sis, loved it, except for the loss, but we did have a crack that day as i reckon most of the lads have done for the yr, but we are just really not up to scratch with our current list, we stink, to put it lightly.

Just did the survey and found it interesting, some of the Q's asked, I really have no idea about, but found the Q on the teams performance very easy to answer, I rated em all 1, pre game entertaiment? Couldn't recall any? Didn't even hear or see the imfamous trumpeter, might've got lucky hey! Also the Q about renewing nxt year and what would stop us from rejoining, interesting reading with our own thread on (unconditional) the tipping point for following our mighty MFC. Also the Q about how we are perceived as a club by others, wow, laughable came to mind unfortunately! And my comment in the last box............

OTHER COMMENTS

Are there any other comments of satisfaction or dissatisfaction or suggestions you have for the Club's membership department? (Optional)

I'm happy with the direction we as a club are taking on the coaching and admin side, but i really think we need to be stronger in drafting and recruiting, our list ain't great but I have confidence in M Neeld and co. doing much better in the future, we MUST get it right this time and in the future, we must be more aggressive with the media, thru our board, when they start putting some of the crap on us as they do, or even better, get the team to start WINNING to stop the rot they write about us, cause we all now that the truth hurts when it's true. Go the DEE's.

As posted earlier in thread will burn (in HELL) in my Dee's jumper.

" but for some bizarre reason I can still remember footage of Ron Barassi allegedly knocking out Roger Dean on the eve of the '63 finals resulting in a four match suspension. "

--_________________________________________________________________

"Allegedly" is right! He hardly touched that little squirt Dean, who dived backwards. Dean would be reprimanded for that act nowadays.

.That gutless act probably cost us the '63 premiership.

Just as I'll never stop barracking for the Demons, I'll never stop disliking Richmond because of Dean, or Collingwood because of the '58 GF.

Will always love the club but Demetriou and co. are killing my love of the game.

I'm in team Flags or bust .

Seen 2 Melbourne GFs , got smashed in both.

Getting to the big dance and coming away empty in both has changed me.

Second place will never do it for me.

If I knew we would never win another , it would be over.

• Like 1

Will always love the club but Demetriou and co. are killing my love of the game.

I'm in team Flags or bust .

Seen 2 Melbourne GFs , got smashed in both.

Getting to the big dance and coming away empty in both has changed me.

Second place will never do it for me.

If I knew we would never win another , it would be over.

I've seen three and we got smashed in two.

Won the other one.

It was real real good : I've tried to forget it but can't.

Causes a very slow-burning type of addiction.

I don't even need that now H_T

I don't think we will get that good in the next decade

Just a good side that wins more than it loses will satisfy me.

All I need is a side that plays tough is respected and I can go to matches believing we have a good chance of winning most.

You don't need it?

You just want to be satisfied with a side that wins more than loses? That to me says a lot.

Maybe that sums up quite a few complacent supporters not demanding to be the best. Or those willing to put up the white flag regarding support for this club - including those looking for a "tipping point"...

It's the very reason this club is looked upon as soft and not ruthless enough.

The club needs to make correct decisions, and they need the unconditional support to compete and succeed.

Its a competitive market, our supporters should be demanding more than just winning a few games for satisfaction.

This is a thought provoking thread and I've searched for a tipping point and I can understand some including the OP'er, having a tipping point or two in their support. I have a belief that deep down people like the OP'er have unconditional support for Melbourne. They just don't realise it. In other words, the club could totally stuff up this draft period coming and there would still be a glimmer of hope for them. As long as there is hope they have something to hang onto.

I started this thread recently: http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31036-blue-sky/page__hl__%2Bblue+%2Bsky

So I certainly see plenty of hope.

Even though I'm a little more clinical in my support these days I expect to be a Demon for a long time. But I'm not a lemming and won't guarantee an all encompassing future.

" but for some bizarre reason I can still remember footage of Ron Barassi allegedly knocking out Roger Dean on the eve of the '63 finals resulting in a four match suspension. "

--_________________________________________________________________

"Allegedly" is right! He hardly touched that little squirt Dean, who dived backwards. Dean would be reprimanded for that act nowadays.

.That gutless act probably cost us the '63 premiership.

Just as I'll never stop barracking for the Demons, I'll never stop disliking Richmond because of Dean, or Collingwood because of the '58 GF.

He learnt that trick watching the Jack Johnson/ Jess Willard fight.

I started this thread recently: http://demonland.com..._hl__+blue +sky

So I certainly see plenty of hope.

Even though I'm a little more clinical in my support these days I expect to be a Demon for a long time. But I'm not a lemming and won't guarantee an all encompassing future.

I would say most lemmings don't think they are lemmings until they have a number above their heads...

Anyone remember that game? Loved it. Made in 1991 would you believe?! Crazy.

I would say most lemmings don't think they are lemmings until they have a number above their heads...

Anyone remember that game? Loved it. Made in 1991 would you believe?! Crazy.

Yeah great game. Also had chistmas lemmings, which was basically lemmings but they all wore santa hats! class

You don't need it?

You just want to be satisfied with a side that wins more than loses? That to me says a lot.

Maybe that sums up quite a few complacent supporters not demanding to be the best. Or those willing to put up the white flag regarding support for this club - including those looking for a "tipping point"...

It's the very reason this club is looked upon as soft and not ruthless enough.

The club needs to make correct decisions, and they need the unconditional support to compete and succeed.

Its a competitive market, our supporters should be demanding more than just winning a few games for satisfaction.

H_T I did not say that I would not like the ultimate, I have not been going for the last 52 years because I had nothing else happening on winter weekends

However the reality is the Dees are so far down the well it will take us till the end of this decade to get to a GF if all things go well.

Then you have to win one.

I doubt I have that many years left in the well.

So to keep me happy I just want a competitive side that finishes 7 - 8th by 2016/7.

That will make my days at the "G" happy ones.

I hope they can win one for you next decade but I think I have seen the only winning GF sides that I am liable to see.

I don't see it as Complacency but reality

• Like 1

H_T I did not say that I would not like the ultimate, I have not been going for the last 52 years because I had nothing else happening on winter weekends

However the reality is the Dees are so far down the well it will take us till the end of this decade to get to a GF if all things go well.

Then you have to win one.

I doubt I have that many years left in the well.

So to keep me happy I just want a competitive side that finishes 7 - 8th by 2016/7.

That will make my days at the "G" happy ones.

I hope they can win one for you next decade but I think I have seen the only winning GF sides that I am liable to see.

I don't see it as Complacency but reality

C'mon Old Dee, We will do better than that and sooner. We will play finals in 2014. We will play in consecutive finals for at least seven years after that and will win two premierships in that time. How do I know? I've seen the light and its name is Neeld/Clark/Jones/Grimes/Howe/Viney/Trengove/McDonald/Watts/Frawley/Blease.

My support has and always will be unconditional. It's just not possible to stop supporting. No way, no how, never.

Go Dees!

• Like 4

C'mon Old Dee, We will do better than that and sooner. We will play finals in 2014. We will play in consecutive finals for at least seven years after that and will win two premierships in that time. How do I know? I've seen the light and its name is Neeld/Clark/Jones/Grimes/Howe/Viney/Trengove/McDonald/Watts/Frawley/Blease.

My support has and always will be unconditional. It's just not possible to stop supporting. No way, no how, never.

Go Dees!

Now I know you are trying to lure me onto the rosy positive train Crawf

However this is the reality thread.

I thought in mid 2010 we would be playing finals this year and we are further behind than ever.

IMO we have approx 4 good footballers, 8 average ones, no game breaker and the rest will not take us above 16th position.

On the up side we will recruit approx 10 new players this year if we are lucky we will get 3 - 4 good players the rest will be no better than our not good enoughs.

This will need to be repeated another 2 -3 times over the next 2 -3 years.

Hopefully during the next three years we will luck into a game breaker.

So around 2016 we should have improved to the 7 - 8th position on the ladder.

The next step is the big one and I have little idea how long it will take if at all to get into the top four

But I find it difficult to believe it is possible to move from what is effectively last on the ladder

to a GF appearance in less than 8 years with the crap list we have now.

Hence my desire to be competitive by 2016

Edited by old dee