Buy in from Dunn and Jetta

Louie

Not really a Dunn fan and wouldn't be disappointed if he was delisted, but his year has been underrated on these forums. Never going to be a gun but he had a decent second half of the season, and his first half of the season was ok as well even though he was sub on a few occasions. I would not be suprised if he finished 5-10 in the B&F.

Its good to hear, this is what Meth Coast do, I live near a few of them and see them keeping themselves in shape in the off season. Nev Jetta has a lot of heart, is naturally hard and will do whatever the coach asks, he's a keep for me

Dunn is not rated by a lot of Demonlanders but he can play many roles and is required for depth. Found a niche down back in the second half of the season.

I'm pretty sure they will be ahead of many others in being kept on the list

Thats the only thing that would get me to offer him a 1Yr contract initialy

:(

:):):)

• Like 1

No - dont agree! Whether you like Dunn or not (and I take it that people here tend to think that not liking him equates to him being up for delisting or trade),

Neeld likes players that play a role. That receive instruction and then limit what they do in a position to the scope of that instruction. they dont go off and panic or go off and push outside that scope. Defensively Dunn has improved his game. To say that he kicks more turnovers than most is a joke - Bail, Nicholson and even poor old Wattsie tend to be far worse. Whether DUnn is really courageous or just physical in the push and shove, at least he imposes himself on the opposition a little bit - for years many of our list has avoided this kind of thing (why we brought in Pickett, Angry Phil Read, etc and why we miss Whelan in the backline.) He even kicked a few goals when playing the sub with that burst out sort of deal.

I for one believe that Dunn will not be delisted.

You couldnt delist Jetta based on his limited chances due to injury and his brother's talents.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

thanks for the update, but not sure running around the Tan means a hell of a lot. . i'm doing the sydney marathon this week but i'm not looking for a professional sporting contract, it's part and parcel of staying generally fit. .

They weren't just plodding but were doing reps of some sort. In any case, the season only ended a week and a bit ago. If we are to get fitter and improve as a team we have to start somewhere and I thought it was a pretty good effort.

I rarely post but read a fair bit here. It's amazing how many posters can find a negative in everything.

• Like 2

You couldnt delist Jetta based on his limited chances due to injury and his brother's talents.

i agree with most of what you have said, but what do his, or anyone else's, brother's talents have to do with a player's value??

I shudder every time I hear the word 'depth'...

I feel so unclean for even writing the word.

Are you suggesting that it doesn't matter?

They weren't just plodding but were doing reps of some sort. In any case, the season only ended a week and a bit ago. If we are to get fitter and improve as a team we have to start somewhere and I thought it was a pretty good effort.

I rarely post but read a fair bit here. It's amazing how many posters can find a negative in everything.

.. maybe they are completing the other 50% of there preseason list..... I joke, I JOKE!

• Like 1

Are you suggesting that it doesn't matter?

Oh, it does.

To the top 5 or 6 teams challenging for a flag, and of those teams - they will have back up for their 15th to 22nd players, as you can't replace your best players.

So for a team that is in our position it is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

• Like 1

What I think escapes many is that Dunn is being applauded for doing the minimum.

He's training. Wow. In the second half of the year, he lifted himself beyond being a joke to being mediocre. Again, wow.

I just can't believe how many people gloss over the time he's spent on this list getting to where he is now. It's not just about the last 4/6 games. It's about the prolonged time he's spent on our list going, essentially, nowhere, the fact that he has no real qualities except his kicking (and even that isn't as amazing as people are making it out to be) and that he just, overall, isn't that good.

I'm not saying he's the worst on our list, and there are clearly many other candidates for delisting, but Dunn cannot be said to be anything other than a list-clogger who has had his chance and who simply isn't that good.

People getting stuck into Bail, whether rightly or wrongly (wrongly, IMO, but that's a fair debate), should keep in mind he's had half the time on our list than Dunn has.

• Like 1

I've been a huge critic of Dunn and won't lose sleep either way, but I lean towards retention. When it's been too hard for others he's still putting his bloody hand in the air and fighting it out. I've written him off more times than I care to count. But he has my grudging respect.

He's soft in the air, BUT, he's definitely improved from the early days. Once upon a time it was glaring and all to regular, but it's not as noticeable now, despite the poor attempt in the final game of the year. Josh Hunt has had similar issues and has still been a valuable member at the Cats.

I have plenty of others I'd move on ahead of him.

• Like 4

I don't know as a fact, I am told by a player manger that 15 want out.

Dunn is one that is on the record as being "desperate" for a new contract. Neeld credited his performance in the last half of the season in the round 22 media conference and as such I would be shocked if he was to go. There are at least 10 players I would delist infront of him, not including those who ask for a trade or take feee agency. As such I feel he is safe.

What ever you say about Dunn, whether you like him or hate him, no one can deny that he gives 100% at every contest and is a wonderful kick on both feet.

Did he mention any names?

What I think escapes many is that Dunn is being applauded for doing the minimum.

He's training. Wow. In the second half of the year, he lifted himself beyond being a joke to being mediocre. Again, wow.

I just can't believe how many people gloss over the time he's spent on this list getting to where he is now. It's not just about the last 4/6 games. It's about the prolonged time he's spent on our list going, essentially, nowhere, the fact that he has no real qualities except his kicking (and even that isn't as amazing as people are making it out to be) and that he just, overall, isn't that good.

I'm not saying he's the worst on our list, and there are clearly many other candidates for delisting, but Dunn cannot be said to be anything other than a list-clogger who has had his chance and who simply isn't that good.

People getting stuck into Bail, whether rightly or wrongly (wrongly, IMO, but that's a fair debate), should keep in mind he's had half the time on our list than Dunn has.

bails uses are very limited; wing or mid. he has proven that his disposal on the run is very ordainary so if he cant do his one job then what is the plan b? dunn at least has a plan b and even c it would seem.

bail has not spent a couple of years being trained into a KPF despite lacking some necessary attributes, then to be tried as a wing/mid fielder only to end up in defence...dunns name goes hand in hand with bates alot of the time (normally regarding delistings) but both havei been moved from pillar to post and been found NQR. i think that dunn could be useful down back if given some continuity, not necessarily as starting 18 but certainly worth more than joe blow from the wafl which is prob who we would get after delisting him.

had a bit of a chat to jade rawlings when he came into my shop yesterday. one of the things he mentioned was how impressed he was with lynden dunn when he went down back. from what he said, i would expect him and jack watts to stay down there next year. said we defended ok early in the year, but missed players with skills to clear the ball and start attacks.

he said that he got along very well with watts, and was really impressed with his form over the 8 weeks before the ankle injury. said that they would absolutely punish the players over the pre-season, and that he was looking forward to working with watts. said he would be working to bulk up, increase his core strength, and mentioned how quick he was, but that he didnt know how to use it properly yet. the bit i liked most was when he said he was hoping for an opportunity to crunch jack and try and get him angry.

he spoke of having a good core group, and of having a lot to work with. reckons we're a good chance to get viney second round. will be looking at some older players which everyone probably knows. doesnt play a big role in recruiting, so didnt get much from him there, but expected whitfield and grundy to go 1 and 2 which is great for us. toumpas was one name he did mention.

• Like 7

I think it is hysterical that apart from a handful of players everyone here is summing up most players on the list as to whether they should stay or go. Pretty much sums up what sort of year we have had.

Picture posted on the MFC facebook page of the Magnet on a bike in the altitude room.

He has to be in the top 3 hardest workers and most committed at the club, says it is on his break as well.

I know many players have just taken their breaks which is good they need some time off, but it is a shame he is the only one in this photo.

Good on Magnet though

• Like 2

Picture posted on the MFC facebook page of the Magnet on a bike in the altitude room.

He has to be in the top 3 hardest workers and most committed at the club, says it is on his break as well.

I know many players have just taken their breaks which is good they need some time off, but it is a shame he is the only one in this photo.

Good on Magnet though

Was just going to mention this. Amazing motivation and you can definitely see why Neeld is a fan of his work. Hopefully he has the talent somewhere because matched with this drive he could become a good player.

• Like 1

Was just going to mention this. Amazing motivation and you can definitely see why Neeld is a fan of his work. Hopefully he has the talent somewhere because matched with this drive he could become a good player.

He (Magner) was consistently amongst our better players early in the season: hopefully with better and longer preparation he may be able to sustain it longer in 2013. Bloody hard working and missing out several times over the years surely has only served to increase his hunger. Edited by monoccular
  • Like 1

He (Magner) was consistently amongst our better players early in the season: hopefully with better and longer preparation he may be able to sustain it longer in 2013. Bloody hard working and missing out several times over the years surely has only served to increase his hunger.

Yeah he thrived in the middle and I think Neeld playing him half forward in the second half was detrimental to him, even though it's all part of the development of position 'versatility'. Did well inside winning the hard ball and I want to see him back there next season.