Petterd set to leave ...

whitito

People need to stop turning against players, just because Neeld doesn't like them (and who knows what goes on inside that man's head). At least Petterd could kick 1-2 goals a game regularly, and lead well at the footy with a fair bit of pace. His disposal wasn't too bad either and he was hard at the ball. We needed a capable small forward in our team all year and he was constantly overlooked. I enjoyed watching him play and he was a great guy when I met him. It'll be a shame if he goes.

• Like 1

People need to stop turning against players, just because Neeld doesn't like them (and who knows what goes on inside that man's head). At least Petterd could kick 1-2 goals a game regularly, and lead well at the footy with a fair bit of pace. His disposal wasn't too bad either and he was hard at the ball. We needed a capable small forward in our team all year and he was constantly overlooked. I enjoyed watching him play and he was a great guy when I met him. It'll be a shame if he goes.

He has kicked 18 goals in his past 19 games. He played 4 games this year and didn't kick one.

• Like 3

He has kicked 18 goals in his past 19 games. He played 4 games this year and didn't kick one.

cheers..had a table but it looked skew iff. Same info

Donuts. Hes not the player some seem to idealise him as

youd reckon someone of his immense talent would have played a few more games this year ...no ? :unsure:

Edited by belzebub59

I find it funny that people are having a whinge that Neeld couldn't get the best out of Ricky. How about Ricky gets the best out of Ricky? Given that he couldn't cement a spot under at least 2 different coaches when plenty of others did, surely the player has to take responsibility for his own shortcomings eventually.

• Like 7

Yeah and apart from Clark's 29 goals, Green kicked 19 goals in 13 games, Blease 19 in 16 and Howe kicked 19 in 22 games. Next best was Jones with 16 from the midfield. Not only did our forwards (bar Clark) not kick a reasonable amount of goals, we barely even had a forward line.

Bad attitude - had to go.

The fact that he had the 14 tackle game after a few years of doing nothing similar and didn't reproduce anything near that afterwards shows how poor his mental application was. We all knew he had the ample talent even after his very first game but couldn't ever be consistent. Constantly got promoted, played one good game then went missing. Not the type of player we want around anymore.

I find it funny that people are having a whinge that Neeld couldn't get the best out of Ricky. How about Ricky gets the best out of Ricky? Given that he couldn't cement a spot under at least 2 different coaches when plenty of others did, surely the player has to take responsibility for his own shortcomings eventually.

The funny thing is that those who blame Neeld for not getting the best out of Petterd also fail to give him credit for Jones and Howe's improvement.
  • Like 1

Let's keep going...

He played 8 games for Casey this year, kicked 7 goals.

He averaged 11 kicks and 6 handballs in the VFL this year, over the past 2 seasons at AFL level he has averaged 9 kicks and 4 handballs. Clearly indicates that he's either not up to AFL standard but too good for VFL (the latter being a whole new argument!), or that when he gets in the senior team, he thinks the hard work has been done.

I was surprised to see his tackle average in the VFL was around 4, as was his AFL average over the past 2 seasons, and am happy to mention that so that I'm not being totally biased.

Reality is, if things were going his way in the big league, he looked good, but didn't work anywhere near hard enough to consolidate a spot. His best is better than most on our list, but for Ricky, it was when he wanted to show it. We need players to stand up when the chips are down, becasue let's face it, they're down a bloody awful lot. Ricky doesn't fit this criteria, and the players in the same company are being moved on. They are content with playing AFL, they should strive to be the best but they don't.

Edited by billy2803

To those bagging Neeld and his approach.

Please tell me what Ricky did this year to deserve a contract renewal?

Spot on.....zero.

Miller played a couple of good games but we haven't missed him.

Petterd has played a couple of good games, 2 years ago, and we will not miss him either.

Flashes in the pan are not what we need....it is hard workers who are not only prepared but actually looking to put in the hard yards - look at Nathan Jones - and share the results of that hard work with committed team mates.

• Like 1

Firstly learn to spell and your posts may be slightly more credible then trash.

Secondly those players you listed as your strongest arguments do not help much to help your case. How did Jurrah go backwards under Neeld?

How has Morton gone backwards under Neeld?

Thirdly you need to stop trolling and saying the same thing in every thread, your posts get old fast, especially when you cant even spell players names correctly and have absolutely no knowledge of what goes on inside the club.

Redleg is so disillusioned as to contemplate giving football away. Here's a suggestion: give Demonland away. Fair dinkum, it is more depressing than the football.

Firstly Olisik bags out the impassioned and upset Grand New Flag, rubbishing him for his spelling errors. Olisik goes on to then omit both his own apostrophes. We just sit through this, reading it all. Olisik implies if not actually says that Grand New Flag's posts are trash. And we all read it, giving space in our frustrated and disappointed MFC memory to one poster describing another's post as trash while he commits the same errors that he bags the other out for. This crap is worse than sitting through the footy.

Secondly, Olisik claims that Grand New Flag's examples do not help his case, and asks "how did Jurrah go backwards under Neeld?" Well, it surely cannot be disputed that Jurrah went backwards this year, or that quite a few others did too. There is widely expressed concern that Neeld has not been at all inclined to show either sensitivity or flexibility in his handling of Jurrah or a number of others; does Grand New Flag have to spell out the supposed connection between Neeld's narrow approach to coaching and the underperformance of Jurrah (among others), to avoid being trashed by the likes of Olisik? How can Olisik pretend to be unaware of the supposed connection between Neeld's coaching style and the lacklustre, unenthusiastic and un-instinctive play of so many at Melbourne this year? Why do we sit through such pretend arguing?

Olisik could have chosen to argue that Jurrah's going backwards is not attributable to Neeld, and obviously could have made a case for this, or he may have chosen to argue that not cutting any slack to the Jurrah's of the club is a good thing regardless of the consequences - but he didn't. That would have been interesting - obviously, Neeld is stirring up all sorts of people, and there will be a cost associated with bringing in the changes that he has in mind. Different people will have different views about whether the balance is right or not. I would be interested to hear the different points of view properly set out. I know what I feel about it, but I come onto Demonland in the hope of seeing a range of opinions. Many of us were upset when Travis Johnstone was let go - we needed to hear other points of view before we got what we ended up believing was a balanced understanding of the whole thing. Supporters like that kind of discussion, we like to find out...

But Olisik did not engage in debate - he just bagged out Grand New Flag, with schoolteacherly nitpicking and "tis not" argument. (Olisik, if you can't debate, don't make a fool of yourself strutting yourself like this! And me - get smart: if you are too frustrated by the people posting here, don't read it!)

What can we make of Olisik's "thirdly"? He does what he bagged Grand New Flag for doing, calls him a troll for raising his concerns in what looked to me like a sincere and reasoned expression of real opinions, accuses him of repeating himself (!!!), and hints that perhaps Olisik (unlike Grand New Flag) knows what goes on inside the club.

I want to know who is the "well-known players (sic) manager" that Grand New Flag cites - that's a question worth asking, and Demonland appears to have a "put up or shut up" attitude to posters citing unnamed authorities. Perhaps someone might apply this rule to Olisik's last statement - tell us, Olisik, or shuttup trying to look like you have inside information and contacts that you don't have. But, having read Grand New Flag's post, I think the question should at least be asked of him - what manager? what players? If there is substance in this allegation, it would surely strengthen Demon supporters' concerns about the coach. If the coach is making catastrophic mistakes, a supporters' site like this one could well be the forum on which a groundswell of members' angst would build until it put pressure on the club - and if that is needed, then presumably it would be a good thing.

But instead of rational analysis and discussion, we get this posturing abusive ignorance...

There are a number of regular loudmouths on Demonland who leap to the attack, taking over threads, with all the conviction of the proven authority on whatever subject is being discussed. They tolerate no opinions other than their own. They do not appear to value their fellow Melbourne supporters unless those fellow Melbourne supporters agree with them.

And ... I hesitate to say this, but it does appear to be true ... these opinionated and adamant-on-every-subject merchants all love Neeld..

See you later, gang. Without Demonland, I just might saddle up again next year.

• Like 5

I seriously don't understand why there is so much hate for Neeld.

As some have pointed out, guys like Petterd and Moloney were rarely in the best when they went back to Casey. Does that mean they're not very talented? No. To me it says that when the game was not on their terms they were not prepared to give the required effort to work on their game and develop for the sake of the team. Petterd and Moloney are certainly talented players, and remember Green made statements on the radio about some players getting games based on talent alone and need to become professional football players, but may not have the required work ethic to become professional football players. If the rumor about ricky is true then it's unfortunate but i'm not going to lose any sleep because of it.

The news on the delistings is a breath of fresh air. It's the first time i've seen this club actively take steps to try and stand for something. Just as we brought in mature bodies like Clark, Sellar, Couch and Magner in order to address weaknesses, we are now clearly indicating to players that they need to lift, and some aren't liking it. So, if they are not prepared to be professional footballers then they should not be at our club. Not if we are serious about moving this club towards being a premiership calibre team.

• Like 1

... Olisik ...

Don't chuck it in mate! Have you heard of the ban list? The source of your lengthy post was the first name on it for me.

Mine runs 50 deep, with names constantly being added. It makes this site so much more pleasant to read.

Edited by Thrice
  • Like 1

Richmond retired and delisted 12 players (plus one rookie) at the end of 2009, from the crapola-Wallace era. Just about all were NQR list-cloggers. One was their 2005 #5 pick (Oakley-Nicholls). Then in 2010 they traded out their 2004 #4 pick in Tambling.

It doesn't seem to have affected their long-term prospects, in fact quite the reverse.

• Like 6

Moloney should be offered a 1 -2 year contact and the contact of Neeld should be terminated. Like Gillard, he should resign in shame… but wont.

You remind me of a ALP or Green supporter simply trying to close down debate on a subject that is of importance and should be discussed. It is not normal for one third of a list to want out. Questions should be asked.

Right, I get it, it's Julia's fault that Ricky and Brent want out.

• Like 10

Of the OOC players, I would like to keep Strauss, Jetta and Rivers.

But would not stand in his way if he was offered what he wanted on the FA.

I'm off to the "Bluey" next Thursday.

I guess we will know all of the de-listed by then.

Or maybe he's keeping a few up his sleeve for a bit of night time entertainment.

• Like 1

People who bag Neeld in this particular case have to appreciate that Bailey also dropped Petterd for what was percieved as a poor defensive attitude.

Why let facts get in the way .......

Redleg is so disillusioned as to contemplate giving football away. Here's a suggestion: give Demonland away. Fair dinkum, it is more depressing than the football.

Firstly Olisik bags out the impassioned and upset Grand New Flag, rubbishing him for his spelling errors. Olisik goes on to then omit both his own apostrophes. We just sit through this, reading it all. Olisik implies if not actually says that Grand New Flag's posts are trash. And we all read it, giving space in our frustrated and disappointed MFC memory to one poster describing another's post as trash while he commits the same errors that he bags the other out for. This crap is worse than sitting through the footy.

Secondly, Olisik claims that Grand New Flag's examples do not help his case, and asks "how did Jurrah go backwards under Neeld?" Well, it surely cannot be disputed that Jurrah went backwards this year, or that quite a few others did too. There is widely expressed concern that Neeld has not been at all inclined to show either sensitivity or flexibility in his handling of Jurrah or a number of others; does Grand New Flag have to spell out the supposed connection between Neeld's narrow approach to coaching and the underperformance of Jurrah (among others), to avoid being trashed by the likes of Olisik? How can Olisik pretend to be unaware of the supposed connection between Neeld's coaching style and the lacklustre, unenthusiastic and un-instinctive play of so many at Melbourne this year? Why do we sit through such pretend arguing?

Olisik could have chosen to argue that Jurrah's going backwards is not attributable to Neeld, and obviously could have made a case for this, or he may have chosen to argue that not cutting any slack to the Jurrah's of the club is a good thing regardless of the consequences - but he didn't. That would have been interesting - obviously, Neeld is stirring up all sorts of people, and there will be a cost associated with bringing in the changes that he has in mind. Different people will have different views about whether the balance is right or not. I would be interested to hear the different points of view properly set out. I know what I feel about it, but I come onto Demonland in the hope of seeing a range of opinions. Many of us were upset when Travis Johnstone was let go - we needed to hear other points of view before we got what we ended up believing was a balanced understanding of the whole thing. Supporters like that kind of discussion, we like to find out...

But Olisik did not engage in debate - he just bagged out Grand New Flag, with schoolteacherly nitpicking and "tis not" argument. (Olisik, if you can't debate, don't make a fool of yourself strutting yourself like this! And me - get smart: if you are too frustrated by the people posting here, don't read it!)

What can we make of Olisik's "thirdly"? He does what he bagged Grand New Flag for doing, calls him a troll for raising his concerns in what looked to me like a sincere and reasoned expression of real opinions, accuses him of repeating himself (!!!), and hints that perhaps Olisik (unlike Grand New Flag) knows what goes on inside the club.

I want to know who is the "well-known players (sic) manager" that Grand New Flag cites - that's a question worth asking, and Demonland appears to have a "put up or shut up" attitude to posters citing unnamed authorities. Perhaps someone might apply this rule to Olisik's last statement - tell us, Olisik, or shuttup trying to look like you have inside information and contacts that you don't have. But, having read Grand New Flag's post, I think the question should at least be asked of him - what manager? what players? If there is substance in this allegation, it would surely strengthen Demon supporters' concerns about the coach. If the coach is making catastrophic mistakes, a supporters' site like this one could well be the forum on which a groundswell of members' angst would build until it put pressure on the club - and if that is needed, then presumably it would be a good thing.

But instead of rational analysis and discussion, we get this posturing abusive ignorance...

There are a number of regular loudmouths on Demonland who leap to the attack, taking over threads, with all the conviction of the proven authority on whatever subject is being discussed. They tolerate no opinions other than their own. They do not appear to value their fellow Melbourne supporters unless those fellow Melbourne supporters agree with them.

And ... I hesitate to say this, but it does appear to be true ... these opinionated and adamant-on-every-subject merchants all love Neeld..

See you later, gang. Without Demonland, I just might saddle up again next year.

Constantly writing long posts bagging out our teams coach with no hard evidence in almost every thread is not trolling then I don't know what is.

Its fair to be dismissive of posts like that in my opinion. Though guess my opinion doesn't count though based on your hypocritical post.

See-ya Robbie

Don't chuck it in mate! Have you heard of the ban list? The source of your lengthy post was the first name on it for me.

Mine runs 50 deep, with names constantly being added. It makes this site so much more pleasant to read.

You want to ban 50 people? :o

Thank god your not a mod...

I agree Neeld should not be bagged and there is no point in doing so in any event. However, given our 2012 season and those players who have freely indicated either their intention to leave or rumoured dissatisfaction, I would suggest it is not unreasonable for supporters to become somewhat anxious and jittery.

With that in mind, the only criticism I would level at the club is its current silence. Supporters need to hear something POSITIVE right now. I am of the view that the administration all too often is not as proactive as it could be in communication with its members, when things, at least on face value, look bleak.

Waiting.........................................................................................

Not sure what your point is BH.

The four you named were all good players who finished their careers at different times.

In MFC's case, it looks like we are going to have a large clear-out, handled badly, including some players who have only this year 'lost their way', and in the process make ourselves unattractive to new players.

Handled badly? How? What would you prefer the club to do it...cake with candles??

Look at the last 5 years...these players are not up to it physically mentally or both.

If Cook & Gysberts both go which i suspect they will..i want to find BP and inflict a world of pain upon him. Loudly

I think de-listing players or putting them on trade table early is a stroke of genius.

No other clubs are doing it so it putting us ahead of the pack. Managers can go shopping for them already and get value for players we would have thought previously untradeable such as Cook.

Ideally the players managers are doing alott of work for us as they want to look after the players and by doing that it would be to find a suitable home with a suitable trade scenario that works both ways.

Other teams know whats on the table now so they can formulate their own scenarios around these plays in order to secure them without any other team having players on the table yet.

The rumors players are unhappy is probably true, hell id be pretty unhappy if i was about to be sacked to.