Anyone at Foundation Heroes Tonight?

Robbie57

I think you've missed my point. I congratulate those that donate year in and year out. It's a wonderful contribution to our club and their interest is in hoping we succeed.

Well done to them.

Totally agree with your sentiments.

Did anyone mention Boak or Caddy on the night?

There are at least two whom are better suited to us in this years under 18 draft. Wines/ Toumpass will do me nicely, thanks very much.Both will be far better than both of them.Boak is very good, Caddy has great upside but in my opinion will not be as good as Wines / Toumpass.

I can just see Jones/ McKenzie/ Bail/ Blease/ Evans/ Taggart/ Tappscott/ Trengove and possibly Grimes along with our draft picks all vying for midfielder roles once their stamina allows.

I can just see another 2 plus Viney adding to this group above.

There are at least two whom are better suited to us in this years under 18 draft. Wines/ Toumpass will do me nicely, thanks very much.Both will be far better than both of them.Boak is very good, Caddy has great upside but in my opinion will not be as good as Wines / Toumpass. I can just see Jones/ McKenzie/ Bail/ Blease/ Evans/ Taggart/ Tappscott/ Trengove and possibly Grimes along with our draft picks all vying for midfielder roles once their stamina allows. I can just see another 2 plus Viney adding to this group above.

Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.

Yes, I had a chat with a club official and he said we are looking for a player with a point of difference, one that has both good lateral movement and speed and he wasn't sure if Boak had that point of difference, he did say that Boak is a very good player. I was interrupted so I didn't get to ask about Caddy.

• Like 1

Yes, I had a chat with a club official and he said we are looking for a player with a point of difference, one that has both good lateral movement and speed and he wasn't sure if Boak had that point of difference, he did say that Boak is a very good player. I was interrupted so I didn't get to ask about Caddy.

Ok. If we were to give up 3 or 4 I would want a dynamic mid in return although I am sure that a ball winner like Boak will be targetted, but perhaps not with the price PA want.

We will see.

We're looking for an athletic crab

• Like 3

Foundation Heroes Dinner

Don McLardy says: "we need our great supporters to keep donating in order for us to keep up with the bigger clubs and stay in the game" = 20 posts

Don McLardy says: "we need our great supporters to keep donating in order for us to pay 100% of our TPP" = 100+ posts and counting

Nothings changed, you just happened to mention what a great bloke you are, donating money anon, of course, sure everybody believes it, please continue.

You have just got to stop "liking" your own posts....

• Like 2

This is my last post on this topic because it's obvious the point is being completely lost. I don't think a single person has said the idea of a fund raiser is a poor idea or that other clubs don't do it. It's purely McLardy's statement that we need to raise money in this fashion because we cant pay 100% TPP if we don't. Chook do you think it would be a good thing if paying 100% was completely dependant on the well to do tipping in? Because indirectly, that's what McLardy said.

As I said before, I'm satisfied with the response that it's just dressing to make the idea of appealing to those with the coin. But we can't seriously be surprised or upset with people for taking his word literally.

As I said, what was raised equates to less than 2% of our forecast revenue for the year. You're a smart boy Andrew, surely you can work out for yourself that we could pay the TPP comfortably without those extra funds?

Like any business, if you invest cash in a certain area you need to cut down in others. often my boss (CFO) will give marketing some additional funds for a campaign. But those funds don't come from cash reserves - we take from another area of the business that can do without. You know where I work - we aint going broke.

Hey Bluey ,

How can you knock someone for giving to the Club FFS?

You might find other causes more worthy but dont knock other "patrons" that have kept the ship afloat (paricularly in the last 30 years).

Besides-some of our members cant help it that they are filthy rich - they were born that way!

and those that made thier own money and gave it away-Thank you as well .

• Like 2

Hey Bluey ,

How can you knock someone for giving to the Club FFS?

You might find other causes more worthy but dont knock other "patrons" that have kept the ship afloat (paricularly in the last 30 years).

Besides-some of our members cant help it that they are filthy rich - they were born that way!

and those that made thier own money and gave it away-Thank you as well .

You clearly dont understand the subtlety in Blueys' posting persona...he says he gives money to the RSPCA but spends a lot of his time kicking his dog...cares for boat people but lives at Point Lonsdale (lighthouse) where his radiant charm scares any refos so much they head across the ditch to take their chances with earthquakes and the Haka.

Mind you there is also a rumour that he secretly sponsors Cale Mortons extra weight sessions.

He'll be putting this series of responses down as a success. The only way to shut him up will be a 22 zip home and away,straight through to the granny and he'll still give her an uppercup........"worst premiership win ...ever"

• Like 1

McLardy promoting the dinner to assist the club to land a big fish is embarrasing. That is why the club gets poor media attention and makes us look like a charity case. Time for the club to show the world that the club means business and competes with other clubs on an even level.. Act like a poor man, you behave like a poor man. If every club fundraises, why do we behave like a charity case asking for money to get 1 or 2 players thru free agency or trades. Mitch Clarke was a big fish we landed without us being made to look a charity case, why not promote the need for another Mitch Clarke and not to pay 100% of the salary cap. I am personally embarred by this promotion

I like the FD's changes last year and the promotion that we have 'elite' training facilities. The second part of this is the club promoting elite standards to match the facilities. I just saw the news and it had Howe teaching young kids in the City of Casey how to take a spekky. Good promotion of the club and every kid wants to take spekkys. I like that the club is creating foundations in an area that will give us future budding Demon supporters.

Well done to all Foundation Members and the money you put in. But what is more important is raising our membership base. Much more money is raised when you get 40 to 45 thousand members.

As far as i am concerned the basic membership package was a WASTE of money this year. We were promised a new era with the new coach, new FD structure, elite facilities, a new fitness manager with an elite performance output.. What we all have got was a year of massive disappoitnment and poor performance. The club did not say we need to go backwards to go forward. Neeld said he was not surprised that we performed badly after round one, yet he promised a more hardened football performance. Alot of people believe we have gone backwards to move forwards. This a belief only and no one can specifially point out what has improved. If they do others can counter argue this too easliy

Sorry to say this, but the foundation members will die off soon (this generation). What happens when we have a very little supporter base and the stereotype (rich) supporter dies off. Young people do not support our club as we are weak. The promotion of this fundraiser is testiment of this.

Time for the club to stop pinning themselves on the clubs elite supporters. too much emphasis on this in recent times, and in the past. Time for the club to be successful and work on the real foundation of the club. The average supporter who pays a couple of hunderd each year. Get 10 thousand more of these people paying up and the foundation dinner become an added bonus, nothing more

• Like 1

McLardy promoting the dinner to assist the club to land a big fish is embarrasing.

Its taken over 100 posts for someone to nail the problem here.

Its no criticism of the enthusiastic generosity of supporters to point out the flaw in the marketing. camaign

Don may be a very organised President, but he needs to get better advice on his PR role

• Like 1

Its taken over 100 posts for someone to nail the problem here.

Its no criticism of the enthusiastic generosity of supporters to point out the flaw in the marketing. camaign

Don may be a very organised President, but he needs to get better advice on his PR role

Getting 200 rich guys and asking them to show off pledging money to us over an extravagant dinner-I cant think of a better way to raise coin quickly.

Do you think VisyCarton and GTV Collingwood or The Cats haven't benefited from some whale fat to even be in the position they are in.

We need as much money as possible for brown paper bags-we can get them cheap at Amcor .

An organized president is all he needs to be .

McLardy promoting the dinner to assist the club to land a big fish is embarrasing.

??? why.. no disrespect but what is wrong with this. All clubs have their coteries etc. its just an extension of this surely. I see it as the club getting on the front footin a way it can. We havent the might of some ther clubs so we do what we ca .

You know what.....its working.

• Like 2

Getting 200 rich guys and asking them to show off pledging money to us over an extravagant dinner-I cant think of a better way to raise coin quickly.

Do you think VisyCarton and GTV Collingwood or The Cats haven't benefited from some whale fat to even be in the position they are in.

I didnt make myself clear...of course thats the way footy clubs raise money....and well done to those who kick in for their passion.............but saying that's the only way they can get top players to the club is talking the club down from a PR perspective

But its no biggy.....I cant believe the criticsm on this thread....its made Blueys offering look sane

You know what.....its working.

Great and underrated point.

There'd be Gardner sympathisers posting on this website who would readily acknowledge that they thought there was no way the current board would get rid of the debt, but not only have they got rid of the debt (and massive interest payments) they're still raking in huge coin from dedicated and united supporters who share a common goal in moving this club forward.

McLardy needs to learn to sell it better, I acknowledge that, but gee, some of Gardner's love children who get their knickers in a knot over the terms of reference of huge money coming in never said a bad word about the last board even though we had $5mil debt.

I'm no accountant, but that doesn't add up to me.

• Like 6