• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Brad Green's Retirement - It's Official

Range Rover

Funny the same people getting all uppity about the treatment of Morton are telling Brad to retire...

Watch some footy mate, he's gotten better and better after a slow start to the year, should play on next year, and I would expect Neeld, who's on the record as CONTINUOUSLY saying we need more experience, would think the same.

Crap OP, and the way you expect it to happen because you say so is a joke.

My comments about Morton being abused as he came off injured bare no comparison with my thoughts on Green. Very feeble of you to link the two.

You're entitled to your opinion on Green, as am I to mine. Neeld wants experience, sure. But he also wants players who can stand up in big games, against quality opposition. Green has not been able to do this for most of the past two years. Don't be suckered in by a couple of leaping fist pumps against the Suns on Sunday.

Rpfc is right that FA will probably come into but I would like to think we can assemble a forward line in 2013 that other clubs will have their work cut out planning against.

Green has been a great servant but I don't buy into this "don't treat him like Junior" malarkey at all.

It's time to raise the bar.

His on vet list so he isnt even taking up a spot on the main list. hope he plays on. need the oldies and his a champion.

So was Junior.

Unless we get a suitably experienced leader from elsewhere, I'd like him to stay for one more year.

Perhaps he won't get many games in '13, but we need experience and he'd be on the vets list.

Who are you?

You don't want to know...

Time for Brad to call it quits. He's been pretty bad for a season and a bit now, he's slow, not as accurate as he once was, and he's only getting a game because our forward line is in the medical ward.

5 snags against that abysmal GC backline doesn't change that, Jurrah and Clark would've kicked 30 between them.

I personally wouldn't mind keeping him for depth, but I think it'd be more respectful to him if he had a farewell game, instead of fading away in the 2's like Cam Bruce's hair, and Cam Bruce himself.

• Like 1

i'm hoping it doesn't become another incident just like james mcdonald. He had a couple of years left in him and was needed around the club to help guide our young players down the right path. I think Green still has a few years left where he can still do very positive things for the club on the ground but that being said i think they should probably offer him a contract like what hawthorn did with crawford, if he can keep performing well at his age then give him another year. his experience is needed around the club and if his career is indeed going to finish this year then hopefully he will stay around and be a mentor.

• Like 1

I'd keep Green on for sure.

If Demonland's general consensus had any say in our list management we’d end up with a bunch of under 25 year olds + Jamar?!

Get rid of Green, get rid of Joel Mac, get rid of Sylvia and his mate Moloney

We’d have no one left!

I hope he plays on next year. Would rather him than Bate or Petterd.

It's not a choice between Green or Bate and/or Petterd. The latter two should be gone, then what to do with Green is a third decision on top.

• Like 2

Reckon he'll go around again.

Honestly, if you take a view that we cut, say, 13-14 players over 2 years, what difference does it make to cut him next year not this?

The outcome in the end will be the same, in that the 13-14 players will be gone in 2 years regardless of which ones go when.

Why nail Green this year when there are enough that can go before him?

agree like to see greeny go again

Green would be a veteran, surely, so half of whatever we pay him (which probably wouldn't be much anyway) doesn't count against the cap.

Veterans list rules have changed - rather than half a veterans salary being outside the cap it is now $100K per veteran. So probably 20-25% rather than 50% in Green's case.

It's not a choice between Green or Bate and/or Petterd. The latter two should be gone, then what to do with Green is a third decision on top.

Yeah I was more pointing out there are quite a few others on the list I would move on before Green. He's hit some form the last few weeks - whether that can translate to a full season I don't know but he definitely has value to play about 14-16 games next year and is an easy choice for one of three "delistings" next year. If we have to move on 12-14 players it might be better to try and do that over 2 years rather than one.

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Many seem to think Moloney may be gone elsewhere next year. And perhaps even Silvia.

If that eventuates, we will be soooooooooo short on experience and leadership. Big vacuum to fill (unless, of course, we pick up some as FA's). Losing Green as well would be too much.

My guess is that the decision will be made when trade/draft directions solidify.

Many seem to think Moloney may be gone elsewhere next year. And perhaps even Silvia.

If that eventuates, we will be soooooooooo short on experience and leadership.

Maybe we'll be short on experience, but we certainly won't have lost anything when it comes to leadership. Moloney and Sylvia couldn't lead a fat kid's lunch out of a paper bag.

• Like 2

His on vet list so he isnt even taking up a spot on the main list. hope he plays on. need the oldies and his a champion.

Isnt there not a "list" anymore? just that each player over 30 can take 100K off the cap? and you can have as many veterans as you wish?

Brad is now is coming second in our goal kicking i think that is evidence enough to keep him for another year

251 games and 346 goals a true club great imo

He's shown some glimpses of form recently. He's a smart player that would undoubtedly benefit from being surrounded by equally as smart players.

That said, if we draft and trade well and Neelds game plan and fitness regime begins to take effect, then I think Brad could be a damaging player next year.

Let's give him the next 4 games to see the season out before getting the cattle prod out.

Green has been a great servant but I don't buy into this "don't treat him like Junior" malarkey at all.

It's time to raise the bar.

It's time to raise the bar by acting in the same way we did a few years ago that backfired terribly??? :huh:

If Green wants to go on next year then he gets another year. Whether he plays mainly in the seniors or at Casey is up to him and his form and that would be the risk he'd take and no doubt Neeld will make him aware of that.

From what I've been told, comes from a decent source...

Was told to retire last week by MN, declined. Played against the Gold Coast and played very well at that, hence the slightly OTT goal celebrations for a meaningless game.

Will retire this week. Was always going to retire at end of year anyway, but I get the feeling he is not too happy at being pushed (this is my speculation based on what I've heard). Too be honest I'm not too happy about it either. Has been a great clubman for over a decade and Neeld who has proven jack all is telling him to pack his bags.

What was it that "backfired" exactly?

Thinking we were ina position that we could afford to toss guys like McDonald away without it having an effect on the way we were playing or developing.

McDonald could easily still be captaining Melbourne now. If Junior didn't go, then Bruce wouldn't of gone and I doubt we'd be in the position that we are now. I'm not saying we'd be in the top 8. But I doubt that 186 would of happened.

At least the new regime is now in the process of trying to set things right and get the club back on track.

Was told to retire last week by MN, declined. Played against the Gold Coast and played very well at that, hence the slightly OTT goal celebrations for a meaningless game.

Will retire this week. Was always going to retire at end of year anyway, but I get the feeling he is not too happy at being pushed (this is my speculation based on what I've heard). Too be honest I'm not too happy about it either. Has been a great clubman for over a decade and Neeld who has proven jack all is telling him to pack his bags.

It doesn't matter. He's the boss. And these older players have got to learn that the tail will never again wag the dog at this club. That era is over.

We will finish 16th and Green, who is 31, has had two sub-par seasons now. It's just not good enough. Most opposition sides will salivate at seeing his name on a Melbourne team sheet.

There's an opportunity there for him now to bow out gracefully, stating his desire to see our young talls given more senior experience because that would be in the best interests of the club.

Don't take the "look at moi" fist pump path, Brad. Here's a chance for you to prove you are the leader others have doubted you to be.

Should go around again next year. We have so few senior players out on the filed that do anything and while his early form this year wasn't great he actually tries very hard if you bother to watch him.

Without doubt his current form warrants another year.

• Like 1

dont believe it for a second.

Thinking we were ina position that we could afford to toss guys like McDonald away without it having an effect on the way we were playing or developing.

McDonald could easily still be captaining Melbourne now. If Junior didn't go, then Bruce wouldn't of gone and I doubt we'd be in the position that we are now. I'm not saying we'd be in the top 8. But I doubt that 186 would of happened.

At least the new regime is now in the process of trying to set things right and get the club back on track.

I can't believe people still trot out this bogus line of reasoning.

McDonald and Bruce staying would have meant we'd have finished 14th instead of 16th. That's it. They've both proven that with their showings this year (Bruce for the past two).

These guys should consider every season they are allowed to pull on the boots for Melbourne a blessing, not a birthright.

At least you got it right that the new regime are setting things right in this area.

I can't believe people still trot out this bogus line of reasoning.

McDonald and Bruce staying would have meant we'd have finished 14th instead of 16th. That's it. They've both proven that with their showings this year (Bruce for the past two).

These guys should consider every season they are allowed to pull on the boots for Melbourne a blessing, not a birthright.

At least you got it right that the new regime are setting things right in this area.

I don't think whether or not they consider it a blessing to play for Melbourne has anything to do with it, RR.

The issue is whether they should have been tossed. Not whether those players have a sense of entitlement, which to my knowledge has never been seriously suggested by anybody.

• Like 1