Josh Caddy

Range Rover

Wouldn't mind the club throwing Pick 13 their way, although if others like St. Kilda and Richmond are keen we would need to add a sweetener that the Suns actually want. Who that is I'm not sure... and no, Ricky Petterd because he is from QLD doesn't count in my book as I don't think the Suns would be that interested in him.

Wouldn't mind the club throwing Pick 13 their way, although if others like St. Kilda and Richmond are keen we would need to add a sweetener that the Suns actually want. Who that is I'm not sure... and no, Ricky Petterd because he is from QLD doesn't count in my book as I don't think the Suns would be that interested in him.

Well we have two other Queenslanders, Spencer and Bail. A 3 way deal could be on the cards as well.

Well we have two other Queenslanders, Spencer and Bail. A 3 way deal could be on the cards as well.

True. They might have interest in Spencer as a second ruckman to Smith and if Pick 13 and Spencer got the deal done I wouldn't be disappointed with that. That pick could then go with another first rounder of some sort for Tippett IF he decides he wants to head home.

Hate to bring this back to a tired old topic but couldnt help but notice this.

Caddy..""It was a tough decision to make as I have many great mates and know that the club is on the right path to future success."

club ..."we appreciate the transparency and professionalism Josh has displayed whilst making this extremely difficult decision,"

This is exactly what Scully DIDN'T do for us....and why we got sh@t on by the media over it.

What is he really worth?

I look at Caddy in the same light as the alleged David Mackay offer. We over-rated Mackay but from the inside the club clearly saw a bona fide, top-class midfielder against our current list. With our good hand in $$$ we could afford to raise the stakes.

With Caddy you have a top-10 draftee from two years ago who hasn't set the world on fire. But he is an inside midfielder; a tough clearance player who attacks the ball aggressively and takes contested grabs. His work ethic was seen as first-rate. If Jack Viney is the culture changer then I got a good feeling Caddy will support the movement as his right-hand man. Even without the proven numbers he would slot into our midfield.

With our good hand in the draft we could afford to offer pick 13. We're not in the position to rightly determine if that is too much for Caddy, or if $500k a year is too much for Mackay, because frankly we don't have much in our own backyard to compare with them.

I've still got only ten players I'd want to field next year. Viney makes 11. Caddy would make 12.

• Like 1

True. They might have interest in Spencer as a second ruckman to Smith and if Pick 13 and Spencer got the deal done I wouldn't be disappointed with that. That pick could then go with another first rounder of some sort for Tippett IF he decides he wants to head home.

Could work - but, does Spencer have any currency clout?

I haven't seen too much of Caddy so obviously I'd trust the club on this but he'd want to be good to even consider giving up 13 for. Feel that there will be many quality players left around that number so not really fussing about Caddy at this stage.

Does it bode well for us that the Hun, given their form so far, hasn't mentioned us a possible destination. Or have I just jinxed it?

Josh Caddy to leave Gold Coast Suns

I don't think that matters too much right now. The Bombers are the obvious choice for a destination right now as they were very keen last year, and then there are the other clubs that seem to be in the market for another midfielder. Geelong have been linked to Boak and Gysberts, two midfielders, and the Saints could use a young midfielder with Lenny on his last legs. I have no doubt that we will at least enquire and see where we sit in terms of his interest and what the Suns are after.

I'm assuming we do that though, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least have a crack at a handy young midfielder who would be a terrific pick up.

Toy is looking more and more likely to come back to Victoria at the end of the season.

He was highly rated as a junior but has done practically nothing while at the Suns.

He could end up being involved in a deal with Caddy, especially as GC have to decrease their list size.

Cale Morton was also highly rated as a junior... Dane Swan was highly underated as a junior, as was Goodes... some just don't cut it at the big time whereas others excel!

• Like 1

If I was Caddy the last club I'd choose would be Melbourne.

Also, he's had a bloody average year, which was confirmed by his 17th placing in their B&F, despite being one of only three players to play every game.

At this time of year every opposition player seems to be a "star" for success starved Melbourne supporters.

• Like 2

What's the worst that an happen here?

We swap pick 13 for him and he turns out to be a dud in a few years time.

Situation normal.

• Like 2

Guest KingDingAling

If I was Caddy the last club I'd choose would be Melbourne.

Also, he's had a bloody average year, which was confirmed by his 17th placing in their B&F, despite being one of only three players to play every game.

At this time of year every opposition player seems to be a "star" for success starved Melbourne supporters.

Caddy won't be choosing which club, GC will decide on the best deal.

He is under contract and leaving GC, so they will seek the best deal for their club.

We are in a good position as pick 13 is probably right on the mark of what he is worth.

But, if we don't get him with that - then pick 13 is also still a good position in the draft where a Kennedy, Garlett, Stringer could slide to.

• Like 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again...using pick 13 for this kid would be overs.

At this stage our inside mids will consist of jordie, jones, gys, magner, couch (viney).

Our outside mids are bail and...nicho? blease?

If we trade pick 13 and gc pick up kennedy it will be a bigger stuff up than cook v darling.

• Like 1

Im not really worried with the speculation around Caddy.

He's leaving which is good and all these "front runners", its rubbish,

If Melbourne offer him alot of money and give the coast a good pick well be right.

I reckon pick 13 and Jetta looks tasty for him

I've said it before and I'll say it again...using pick 13 for this kid would be overs.

At this stage our inside mids will consist of jordie, jones, gys, magner, couch (viney).

Our outside mids are bail and...nicho? blease?

If we trade pick 13 and gc pick up kennedy it will be a bigger stuff up than cook v darling.

I'd much rather Kennedy or Garlett.Caddy hasn't shown that X-factor that these kids seem to have. We've all had a good look at Caddy and he hasn't impacted games as you would expect. He is nowhere near the class of Harley Bennell. These other kids have a bit of Bennell in them.

Don't do it MFC. Clark was pick 12, Caddy is overrated and should not command a high draft pick.

• Like 3