Changes vs Brisbane Lions

Hells Gates

Cook won't come into teh side before Martin. Martin was the best big man agianst the Zebras on the weekend. He is a bigger body than cook and more likely to crash packs than Cook, That was Clarks role. Also Martin is able to provide Jamar with a rest which is a better option to Sellar in turns of rucking ability and having to reshuffle the backline everytime Sellar needs to go into the ruck.

You don't drop players who are playing against their old club. Watch the replay again. 25 mins in the last quarter Joel put in four great efforts on the members wing. Was running his guts out. Deserves to stay in.

If you read my post properly you will find that I said Joel 'didn't do much wrong yesterday' & 'Davis plays similar to Joel & may replace him later on'.

Think before you speak.

Martin for Clark should be the only change. You build confidence through continuity.

Excited to see Gysberts and Strauss in the seniors later in the year but it shouldn't be this week.

Tapscott hasn't been in great form all year and should be made to re-earn his spot through Casey. Same with Morton.

• Like 2

On Sunday, Jamar played a lot better. Competed, took marks, had some non-ruck impact. Given how Neeld has been willing to experiment perhaps move Jamar to FF (he knows how to kick!) and bring in and play Martin as first ruck. For mine, Jamar is a better option to replace Mitch and Martin demonstrated last year that he could do OK on the ball.

• Like 2

In: Martin,Tapscott

Out: Clark,Moloney

Agreed .

On Sunday, Jamar played a lot better. Competed, took marks, had some non-ruck impact. Given how Neeld has been willing to experiment perhaps move Jamar to FF (he knows how to kick!) and bring in and play Martin as first ruck. For mine, Jamar is a better option to replace Mitch and Martin demonstrated last year that he could do OK on the ball.

This crossed my mind too, but it carries risk. Jamar gets a lot of hitouts, so while Martin may perform better around the ground, the more important thing is competing in stoppages and I'm not convinced Martin could adequately replace Jamar in that aspect. The other risk is that Jamar flops as a forward, then we're getting the worst of both worlds. It's an interesting problem.

If you read my post properly you will find that I said Joel 'didn't do much wrong yesterday' & 'Davis plays similar to Joel & may replace him later on'.

Think before you speak.

Thanks for the comprehension lesson. You asked for a comment and got one. Don't be a goose.

This crossed my mind too, but it carries risk. Jamar gets a lot of hitouts, so while Martin may perform better around the ground, the more important thing is competing in stoppages and I'm not convinced Martin could adequately replace Jamar in that aspect. The other risk is that Jamar flops as a forward, then we're getting the worst of both worlds. It's an interesting problem.

Don't forget, he did kick 5 in a game........

Granted, there were 'experimentations' that day, and Carlton couldn't give a fat rat's about defending, but still.

suprised of the lack of mention of Bail

I think he ll get a run this week

MELBOURNE utility Rohan Bail continues to be frustrated as he makes a slower than expected recovery from a concussion received against Carlton in round 9.

Bail missed his third game in succession on the weekend after being a late withdrawal from Melbourne's clash with Greater Western Sydney.

However the club is determined to take a prudent approach to ensure he demonstrates that he has made a full recovery before he returns to play.

Although Bail had trained solidly last week, neuropsych testing conducted on Friday afternoon showed he was not quite back to baseline.

"Our club is being diligent in this area and we are not prepared to play him until those changes have improved," Melbourne football manager Josh Mahoney said.

"It's frustrating for the club and for Rohan. Physically he feels good. He trained all last week. It has just been a frustrating delayed recovery to concussion."

The club's approach is consistent with the AFL's conservative approach to managing concussion. Players diagnosed with concussion during a game must be substituted from the game.

However there is no obligation for a player to not play the following week. Clubs are expected to make sound decisions based on evidence and the player's welfare. The AFLPA is encouraging its players to be responsible and advise clubs if they continue to feel adverse symptoms after being concussed.

Bail, 23, underwent scans recently and has consulted a neurosurgeon as the club's medical staff manage his recovery.

Mahoney said Bail will have further tests later in the week.

"Hopefully he has improved in those areas. He will be available to play as soon as he does," Mahoney said.

• Like 1

you didnt need to copy paste the story about him. If he is facing tests then it means he is almost a sure thing if he passes the tests.

Hence

In: Bail, Martin

Out: Molony, Clark

• Like 1

The only change I think we need to look at is Clark if he's injured. I would make a straight swap for Martin in that case.

I honestly think everyone on the field earned their spot yesterday. If I had to single out one person to be dropped on that game it would be Davey, but even there he is starting to show some form and it would be poor reward to drop him at this point.

I thought Davey played the best game he's played for ages on the weekend. I know we only played GW$ but hopefully that gives him the confidence he needs to get back into it. I'm not sure I'd make any changes, apart from Clark of course *sigh*

Fb- tapscott, McDonald, moloney

Hb- Nicholson, frawley, watts

C- blease, grimes, Howe

Hf- Sylvia, garland, trengove

Ff- davey, Martin, rivers

fol- jamar, jones, mckenzie

Int- Magner, Dunn, j.McDonald, bate

In- Martin, tapscott

Out- seller, clarke

Don't get too keen on seller, he is not good enough.

I'd like to see this >

Fb - Frawley, Sellar, J.McDonald

Hb - Watts, TMcDonald, Trengove

C - Nicholson, Grimes, Howe

Hf - Sylvia, Martin, Garland

Ff - Davey, Rivers, Magner

Fol - Jamar, Jones, Mckenzie

Int- Dunn, Bate, Davis, Moloney

In- Martin, Davis

I think the early season method of 3-5 changes every week are probably over, and that the team is looking more and more settled.

Therefore, unless someone really forces their way in, I think changes from here on will be fairly minimal and, probably for some of them, their chances have almost disappeared (Bennell, Petterd etc). Of course, where there is a like for like (Martin) or someone like Gysberts or Strauss, they will come through, but I don't think there will be heaps of churn for the rest of the year.

I could be wrong, but I reckon Neeld has picked most of the top, say, 30 blokes he wants going forwards.

you didnt need to copy paste the story about him. If he is facing tests then it means he is almost a sure thing if he passes the tests.

Hence

In: Bail, Martin

Out: Molony, Clark

Well I'm friggin sorry for trying to bring something of interest to the board!!! The reason I did was there were two posters yesterday who were disagreeing. Get over it.

FYI I will post whatever I like, as long as its not offensive to anyone I will keep rolling.

Edited by Hells Gates
  • Like 1

Well I'm friggin sorry for trying to bring something of interest to the board!!! The reason I did was there were two posters yesterday who were disagreeing. Get over it.

FYI I will post whatever I like, as long as its not offensive to anyone I will keep rolling.

well your just wasting ur time then. the link to the story is already posted on demonland main page.

I want to see Couch.

Martin will play I believe. Someone has to ruck and Sellar should worry about one of the Lions forwards.

If any mid is in doubt, Couch should come in. According to Satterly, Couch got tagged out of the last game but throw him upstairs and he will wreck the joint...

Time for some consistency but at least one change (Clark) is mandatory and another, for team development, leaves Joel McDonald really unlucky to miss out. Tapscott has to come in to take his place as a player of the future. It's not yet time for Cook, Couch and Davis but these need to be given a shot before the end of the year. Moloney gets one more chance, as the sub, but will need to show he can have an impact when he gets his chance. In the coming weeks we need to work Cale Morton back in to the side to see if he's serious about being an AFL footballer. It might also be time to give Magner a game or two with Casey to regain some of his early hunger.

FB - Frawley, Sellar, Tapscott

HB - Watts, T. McDonald, Nicholson

C - Trengove, Grimes, Howe

HF - Dunn , Martin, Garland

FF- Davey, Rivers, Magner

Fol - Jamar, Jones, Mckenzie

Int - Bate, Blease,Sylvia (Sub - Moloney)

Out: J. McDonald, Clark

In: Martin, Tapscott

Edited by Crawf52

OUT: Clark Moloney

IN: Cook Tapscott

A bit rough on Stef Martin who played a big, strong game for Casey but his decision making and awareness will be a real worry against Brisbane's definite pace. Sellar can pinch hit in the ruck to give Jamar a rest.

Cook's workrate and nouse was really good for Casey. His pace might be a worry against Brisbane but we need a sure pair of hands to replace Clark and I trust Cook more then Martin when looking over the past 3 matches at Casey.

Tapscott is inmproving every game and he is beginning to use his great long kicking.

I would like to have Gysberts, Bail and Strauss in but it just doesn't suit this week. Perhaps replace Joel McDonald with Strauss or Gysberts but that would be unfair because he played his best game in a long while.

• Like 1

OUT: Clark Moloney

IN: Cook Tapscott

A bit rough on Stef Martin who played a big, strong game for Casey but his decision making and awareness will be a real worry against Brisbane's definite pace. Sellar can pinch hit in the ruck to give Jamar a rest.

Cook's workrate and nouse was really good for Casey. His pace might be a worry against Brisbane but we need a sure pair of hands to replace Clark and I trust Cook more then Martin when looking over the past 3 matches at Casey.

Tapscott is inmproving every game and he is beginning to use his great long kicking.

I would like to have Gysberts, Bail and Strauss in but it just doesn't suit this week. Perhaps replace Joel McDonald with Strauss or Gysberts but that would be unfair because he played his best game in a long while.

Its good to hear from someone who has actually watched Casey & Cook. Thanks.

suprised of the lack of mention of Bail

I think he ll get a run this week

Olisik I heard that he has struggled to over come a bout of concussion.

That is the reason he has not played anywhere the last couple of weeks.

Not an offical source so not sure how accurate that is.